7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Possible solution to replace the amber screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 AM

Possible solution to replace the amber screen

I just came accross the prodigy one.2 from Intraphex. This company claims that this device can connect to any monitor smaller than 10.4 inches, and turn it into a touchscreen navigation, with optional add ons like back up camera, bluetooth, etc...

I have always seen this used to add nav to those with the basic monitor package in the SV. The UNIVERSAL device is the one that I never considered as a potential solution to those of us with the S model and the infamous amber screen.

Going back to the thread where someone was able to install a farenheit 7 inch monitor connected to an iphone, this would be a similar setup, since the unit links up with an rca video output to the monitor. For audio, I don't know if it can plug to the aux input (probably can, will verify)

The Ac controls would have to be relocated.

Has anyone had any experience with these devices, or do you see a reason why this may not work. I will try to find out more before pulling the trigger.

Edit: they also carry a smartphone integration device (SID) to mirror your phone to any monitor.
There is still the problem with leaving the stock unit, the radio display would also have to be relocated

Last edited by Envymynissan; 02-21-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 AM

Update: I went for the tablet. I haven't heard from this company. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 wifi, and I am testing the apps that will allow it to be inside the dash without pressing the buttons. If all goes well I plan to relocate the amber screen to the glove box, an run an aux and a power cable to the stock unit. Here is what I have so far:
Screen onnnn app to power up the unit when charging, and to lock when not charging
Screen filter to dim the tablet at night
Tethering from phone
All the basic for music (pandora, iheartradio,etc...)
Waze for navigation

Future apps:
Torque
Button savior

More to come
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Seems you like are on the path most will take.. I want to add a tablet too but I just don't like the idea of putting displays in the glove box.