7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Racingline Rear Swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM

Thumbs up Installed Racingline Rear Swaybar

So, install was easy enough, took off both tires just to spend less time directly under the car. Only pain was getting bar over exhaust (It was no big deal at all).

I think I spent more time setting up jacks/stands and tools then I did doing the work.

So I had limited time to test but like others have said the rear end is much more settled/planted. I will get a better feel tonight when I drive home from work (More turns). For the $119 I paid and ease of install I would say well worth it (I see no decline in ride quality)

2011 SV (All the candy)
Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 AM

nice man, yeah I love mine as well. had you considered the end-links? they really make the rear sway a lot more responsive I just installed mine a week ago they're great
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I plan on doing this pretty soon. I'm debating on which way to go.....get this or the Stillen.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM

I too am debating on getting these. Let us know if you see some improvements when driving back from work.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Great mod. There are definitely improvements, and I highly doubt that the RL vs the Stillen would feel very different, but I don't know. Honestly, no one would know because no one's actually gonna buy both and compare. Pick a brand you like better, and just go for it. They're gonna be the same.

Ghozt, did the endlinks just make it feel like the sway bar is working even better? Any particular way you can describe what they've seemed to do for you?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM

Just installed the Racingline rear sway also. Car feels a lot better! Im also looking into the RL endlinks, glad to hear the positive review on them Ghozt!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM

So the Max is more sure footed. I feel I could push the car harder and have control. Getting rid of the stock Goodyears will help.

No sure about the end links. I will see how this goes and if I feel I need more.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM

My .02 cents,

I can vouch for the RC line sway bar, on my 09 max premium. I did notice a huge difference with it on vs the stock, as the back end seems more stiffer. I've been driving with the oem endlinks since late july 2012. However I have the Racing line front and rear endlinks also, and I plan on installing these when I install my AAM exhaust in a few weeks.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 PM

Did you get the stainless steel endlinks or the aurora bushing ones?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Serpent
Great mod. There are definitely improvements, and I highly doubt that the RL vs the Stillen would feel very different, but I don't know. Honestly, no one would know because no one's actually gonna buy both and compare. Pick a brand you like better, and just go for it. They're gonna be the same.

Ghozt, did the endlinks just make it feel like the sway bar is working even better? Any particular way you can describe what they've seemed to do for you?
depending on how you adjust them they can make the steering super sensitive, but all-in-all they feel like they supercharged the rear sway. the same difference when you feel with the sway bar on, just more. really nice mod im impressed. plus they look WAY higher quality than the OEM ones so i just like having better parts on the car.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM

Does it matter if the car has the Sport Package? For example, a 2013 with the Sport Package, is the rear sway bar any different?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by dcpatters
Does it matter if the car has the Sport Package? For example, a 2013 with the Sport Package, is the rear sway bar any different?
the sport has stronger OEM sway bars than the other packages, which is nice for the sports because there is no aftermarket front sway bar available. the aftermarket rear sways are better than the sport package though, the Stillen one is made of the same metal but is solid instead of hollow and the Racingline one is made of a stronger metal and is adjustable. I have the Stillen one and am happy with it
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ghozt
the sport has stronger OEM sway bars than the other packages, which is nice for the sports because there is no aftermarket front sway bar available. the aftermarket rear sways are better than the sport package though, the Stillen one is made of the same metal but is solid instead of hollow and the Racingline one is made of a stronger metal and is adjustable. I have the Stillen one and am happy with it
Good info Dan.
I purchased the Premium over the Sport for the aftermarket suspension modifications mentioned. I knew I would make these changes over time to improve the cars handling relative to both the Preimum and Sport options and still retain features I wanted with the Premium package.
The main feature of the Premium I won't change (for now) are the 18" wheels which the wife and I prefer for daily driving comfort.
We're approaching new tires for the car and will choose a tire with improved handling characteristics over the stock GY RSA's.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by dr_2010SV
Good info Dan.
I purchased the Premium over the Sport for the aftermarket suspension modifications mentioned. I knew I would make these changes over time to improve the cars handling relative to both the Preimum and Sport options and still retain features I wanted with the Premium package.
The main feature of the Premium I won't change (for now) are the 18" wheels which the wife and I prefer for daily driving comfort.
We're approaching new tires for the car and will choose a tire with improved handling characteristics over the stock GY RSA's.
almost any tire you can buy (except more RS-As lol) will ride better and smoother and quieter. i love my Hankooks personally
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM

almost any tire you can buy (except more RS-As lol) will ride better and smoother and quieter. i love my Hankooks personally

Agreed, these RSA's sure don't give me the confidence I had with other tires on my other Maximas. I plan on going with Continental DWS' once again.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:49 AM

depending on how you adjust them they can make the steering super sensitive, but all-in-all they feel like they supercharged the rear sway. the same difference when you feel with the sway bar on, just more. really nice mod im impressed. plus they look WAY higher quality than the OEM ones so i just like having better parts on the car.

Hey Ghozt,

On the RacingLine endlinks, What sort of adjustment you gave it? I've been reading some previous posts and some say a 1/4 - 1/2 treads adjustment is well within the norms..
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What's up ya'll.. I got a 2010 SV, and I was wondering how can I run my fog light without having my night lights on... Thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by maddman23
What's up ya'll.. I got a 2010 SV, and I was wondering how can I run my fog light without having my night lights on... Thanks
Join Date November 2009.
You should know better than to thread jack and then ask some question that has already be answered a dozen times.
Have you considered SEARCHING for the answer?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by 09max_sv
Hey Ghozt,

On the RacingLine endlinks, What sort of adjustment you gave it? I've been reading some previous posts and some say a 1/4 - 1/2 treads adjustment is well within the norms..
i picked mine up from another member who had them installed with eibachs and set to the perfect adjustment to compliment them. from what i understand you want it as perpendicular to the sway bar as you can get, the more exact of a 90 degree angle the better the response will be.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 PM
TAZ

i picked mine up from another member who had them installed with eibachs and set to the perfect adjustment to compliment them. from what i understand you want it as perpendicular to the sway bar as you can get, the more exact of a 90 degree angle the better the response will be.
^^^^^^^

that is exactly correct
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 09max_sv
My .02 cents,

I can vouch for the RC line sway bar, on my 09 max premium. I did notice a huge difference with it on vs the stock, as the back end seems more stiffer. I've been driving with the oem endlinks since late july 2012. However I have the Racing line front and rear endlinks also, and I plan on installing these when I install my AAM exhaust in a few weeks.

any noticeable difference with front and rear endlinks you can share?? i'm about to purchase the rear sway bar, front and rear endlinks anyway but just wanted some feedback
Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 PM

Most of the guys on the fb group say that the endlinks are really for guys that are lowered, not necessary for us 4x4 guys
Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by mlfca
So, install was easy enough, took off both tires just to spend less time directly under the car. Only pain was getting bar over exhaust (It was no big deal at all).

I think I spent more time setting up jacks/stands and tools then I did doing the work.

So I had limited time to test but like others have said the rear end is much more settled/planted. I will get a better feel tonight when I drive home from work (More turns). For the $119 I paid and ease of install I would say well worth it (I see no decline in ride quality)

2011 SV (All the candy)
Yeah its a good upgrade. I really enjoy mine when i'm cornering. Just feels stable.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:39 AM

I have the racingline sitting in the garage waiting to be installed (probably do it in the spring when I put my summer wheels back on. I'm not looking to spend $100 on endlinks so I would prefer not to buy the racingline endlinks. Any thoughts on picking up some MOOG endlinks instead for $15 ea. since they are typically beefier than the OEM? or should I just use the OEM until they start knocking, then get the MOOG's?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM

I kept the OEM endlinks after installing the RSB. I haven't had any issues with the OEM links.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:08 PM

Installed Racingline rear sway bar and front and rear end links yesterday and, not the the OEM is bad to begin with, because it's not, but it really does make an enormous difference!

My only regret is that I did not get the front strut bar with my order and it literally took just south of 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Knowing that, I might go the eBay route for it now.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by vball_max
I have the racingline sitting in the garage waiting to be installed (probably do it in the spring when I put my summer wheels back on. I'm not looking to spend $100 on endlinks so I would prefer not to buy the racingline endlinks. Any thoughts on picking up some MOOG endlinks instead for $15 ea. since they are typically beefier than the OEM? or should I just use the OEM until they start knocking, then get the MOOG's?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I can't comment on the rear end links since I left the stock ones in when I upgraded my sway bar (no issues to report).

However, the front OEM ones were knocking really bad so I replaced them with the MOOG's about 6 months ago. So far so good. The car has a much better response with the MOOG's on it, and the build quality is much better that the OEM's.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I kept the OEM endlinks after installing the RSB. I haven't had any issues with the OEM links.
Originally Posted by NCSUpilot
I can't comment on the rear end links since I left the stock ones in when I upgraded my sway bar (no issues to report).

However, the front OEM ones were knocking really bad so I replaced them with the MOOG's about 6 months ago. So far so good. The car has a much better response with the MOOG's on it, and the build quality is much better that the OEM's.
Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably upgrade to the MOOG endlinks for cheap. I know on my 5th gen, they were way better than the OEM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:21 AM

Hi Guys,

Im "OK" when it comes to working on cars myself. I'm probably a 6 out of 10. Is the Racingline rear sway, fairly easy enough to install? It comes today and I'm inpatient lol. Is there a write up somewhere that someone did? I couldn't find it.

Edit: or should I let a mechanic do it? (I have all necessary tools.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:45 AM

It is really easy. A bolt on each end, and two brackets with two bolts each holding it up.
The hardest part is just wiggling it back into place once the factory one comes out.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fundem
Hi Guys,

Edit: or should I let a mechanic do it? (I have all necessary tools.
http://my7thgen.org/f58/how-install-rear-sway-bar-1013/
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 AM

I just put the Stillen RSB on mine about 2 weeks ago and it is a bit easier to get the sway bar out by removing one of the wheels and pulling it out that side. Love the improvement of how it rides now!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Awesome, Thanks guys, i'll give it a shot today!...What side tire should be taken off?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 AM

It doesn't matter. Both sides are nearly the same.
I took both off to make reaching the bolts a little easier.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM

whats the most recommended setting on the RSB? which holes are for what setting? it didn't come directions of any kind
Old 05-06-2014, 05:21 PM

Outside holes are 50% stiffer. Inside holes are 100% stiffer than factory.
You can try them both if you want..
I keep mine on the outside hole, and am happy with that.
Some people like the more aggressive setting. It really depends on how you drive and how you want it to feel.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fundem
whats the most recommended setting on the RSB? which holes are for what setting? it didn't come directions of any kind
Make sure BOTH rear tires are off the ground when doing this job.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Would it be possible to install the RSB like in this link. I've never used jackstands and i feel safer using rhino ramps.

http://www.installuniversity.com/mb/...-sway-bar.html

1. back up onto rhino ramps
2. remove bracket and bolts but not the sway bar itself
3. drive back down rhino ramps
4. jack up one side of the car
5. remove tire and slide out swaybar from that side
6. slide new sway bar in
7. put tire back on and back up onto rhino ramps again
8. install bracket and tighten bolts

Is this doable?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Now I think I might consider end links with the rsb. Can I get the MOOG end-links all around and be good? Is the difference so much w/ the RL? I just cant see paying that much for F/R if the difference is minimal.

Does replacing the front (sport model) end links do anything to the way the car drives/reacts? (with MOOGs)

Last edited by Fundem; 05-06-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2012maximaS
Would it be possible to install the RSB like in this link. I've never used jackstands and i feel safer using rhino ramps.

http://www.installuniversity.com/mb/...-sway-bar.html

1. back up onto rhino ramps
2. remove bracket and bolts but not the sway bar itself
3. drive back down rhino ramps
4. jack up one side of the car
5. remove tire and slide out swaybar from that side
6. slide new sway bar in
7. put tire back on and back up onto rhino ramps again
8. install bracket and tighten bolts

Is this doable?
Yes you can use ramps as well. The key is both wheels are at the same angle, there should be not pressure on the bar.

Quick Reply: Installed Racingline Rear Swaybar