7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Fog light installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 07:51 PM

Smile Fog light installation help

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima S, pre-wired for foglights. I installed the fogs(OEM) purchased off ebay with wiring harness, relay and switch. Since the car is prewired for fogs, can I just use the switch to control the fogs and how do I go about doing it. Don't have the funds for a combination switch. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 03-20-2014, 04:42 PM

Unhappy

Thanks to all who read my posts, but offered no help or suggestions. Found a post on another forum from 2009, a Nissan Altima owner knew exactly what to do and now I have fog lights that come on with the headlights, shut off when hi-beams are on and no need to purchase the "expensive combination switch". Only took me five minutes to do the job.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

People on this board have always been helpful. Could just be no one had the answer.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Sorry no one could help you man but I honestly wouldn't have known how to help you with this. I do feel your pain though because I have made two threads and neither thread got much support. Neither gave me answers I was seeking and I've realize that the forum isn't always as helpful as you'd like. I as well as many others do generally try to answer questions as best as possible though. Best wishes with everything though
Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Exactly^ It's possible no one knew how to rig it up that way. I saw your post but didn't have an answer, sorry. I just bought the combination stalk with the fogs together.

That said, glad you figured it out.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Boojack66
Thanks to all who read my posts, but offered no help or suggestions. Found a post on another forum from 2009, a Nissan Altima owner knew exactly what to do and now I have fog lights that come on with the headlights, shut off when hi-beams are on and no need to purchase the "expensive combination switch". Only took me five minutes to do the job.
Glad you found the answers you were looking for! Do you care to share the info you found and/or what you did so other members who might be interested in doing the same will have it avail to them?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:03 PM

Fog lights without buying combo switch w/fogs

Here is what I found: I finally figured out how to wire my fog lights. First of all I have an 08 2.5s with conv. package and it is pre wired for fogs, I got the fogs from Flea. I re wired it at the combination switch. Basically it works like stocks and you leave the fog switch on all the time, Fogs come on with the headlights, and go off when hi beams come on. Basically on pin connector M28 which is connected to the combo light switch in the steering column pin 2, ouput 4, wire color green/yellow becomes hot (+4v) when the headlight are on, this wire would feed the factory fog switch, pin 13, input 5, wire color red/yellow sends +4v from the fog switch to BCM telling it to turn on the fogs. What I did was wire tap the red/yellow wire going out from M28 and with the green yellow wire. Bypassing the >factory switch that does not exist.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 PM

Image of wires that I tapped together

FYI. This is the image

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
What I did different was, I wire tapped the green/yellow and red/yellow wires together without having to cut any wires.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM

In response to my second post, I want to apologize for the way I worded it, didn't mean to be rude about not being helped with my fog light issue. I am new to the forum and did not give anyone time to respond. In my haste to find an answer, I took my frustration out on my fellow Maxima enthusiasts, and for that I am sorry. I will continue to help out as much as I can.

Thank you for being here for us all.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:53 PM

It's all good, man. Thanks for the info on wires to tap! I'm sure it'll help others in the future.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 AM

ques

Thanks for this info boojack! Question for you, instead of using the green/yellow headlight wire, if we can find the feed wire for the parking lights and use that instead to wiretap with the red/yellow wire, will thatmake our fogs turn on with the parking lights?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mgookool
Thanks for this info boojack! Question for you, instead of using the green/yellow headlight wire, if we can find the feed wire for the parking lights and use that instead to wiretap with the red/yellow wire, will thatmake our fogs turn on with the parking lights?

Thanks!
This is an interesting idea...is there any other way to make the fog lights come on with the DRL's?
Old 07-29-2016, 06:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

so, i see the wires to tap into, I purchased fog lights for my Maxima, but do not have the money to get the combi switch as well. I prefer the fog lights to not turn on with the headlamps, but rather with a switch that i have, that has a small light in the switch itself. how would i go about just doing it that way? i just prefer to be able to switch them on at will, rather with the lights.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boojack66
FYI. This is the image

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
What I did different was, I wire tapped the green/yellow and red/yellow wires together without having to cut any wires.
are those wires +positive? I'm trying to do the same on my 13 maxima but I'm not finding a wiring schematic that tells me which wires are for the fog lights on my multiswitch plug...