7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Caska X Rear view mirror for Maxima S

Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Caska X Rear view mirror for Maxima S

Having a S trim of Maxima, i was on the lookout for rear view cam as i don't want to put holes on my bumpers for the sensors. But lack of color screen display also meant the rear view camera options i seen wasn't great as they had to replace the stock AC/radio display.

Today i happen to come across this Caska X rear view mirror + camera:
http://brands.aliexpress.com/?spm=21...08.15.2.QnWeMO

which looks very desirable with whole bunch of features it offers including GPS, Bluetooth into that 197$ package.

Anyone used this ? Is it a headache to replace the stock rear view mirror which seems to be wired and just got that auto dimming option ?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have the X Mirror, which I'm currently installing into an Acura MDX, also with a self-dimming mirror. This is probably the easiest option for installation. Most self-dimming mirrors are unpowered when the car is off, and un-dim themselves when you back up. This means you probably have the accessory, ground, and backup light lines all running to your current mirror. For battery just tap into a reading light. The only lines you have to run are for the backup camera to the X mirror control box, and from the control box to where ever you put the GPS antenna. I put mine in the same pillar in which I ran the backup camera video cable. There's also a 1/8th inch audio plug labelled Aux, which I presume is meant to plug into your stereo if you want sound from the X Mirror to play through the stereo.

There are a couple of auxiliary ports on the control box, but no documentation. I believe the larger of the two to be for the optional MHL cable, and the other may be a second USB connector for hooking up to a 3G transceiver.

I've been trying to get in touch with Caska (Coagent Global) customer support but have yet to get any response. So there is, so far for me, no customer service available. The Chinese store from which I received the unit has been far more helpful.

Note that the X Mirror does NOT come with any GPS maps. You have to purchase these separately. It supports by Sygic and IGo.

Hope this helps.