7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Locks intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 04:38 PM

Door Locks intermittent

Sup guys, been having this issue where the door locks dont work when activated (door button, lock switch, or remote). First it was the passenger side rear, wouldnt do anything, then one day, it started back working fine. Then it was the driver's side front, i had to use the key to unlock the door, then one day, it starts working like nothing happened, now its both passenger side doors and sometimes the front will work but ultimately it wont move. All doors can be manually unlocked and opened, no problem. Any help, actuators, circuits, data...
Old 03-03-2016, 04:54 PM

Bump

Made it all the way to page 3 with no response...
Old 03-04-2016, 02:57 AM

Ice? I recall post about ice causing issues and I see your in Chi.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:17 AM

It sounds like the door actuators. I had my drivers door do the same thing. Found the part online and found directions to remove the door panel and the door handle and was able to swap it out. Not an easy task but with patience it is very doable if your handy.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Before you replace them I would suggest you access them first then try to manually operate them.

Now, I know they're different actuators, but I've replaced or had my passenger side tilt mirror actuator replaced 2x under warranty and 1x out of pocket. After it stopped working the 4th time I moved the mirror back and forth by hand and it works perfectly again. I took the mirror apart anyway and put the old part on and it works too.

I also had this problem with my fuel filler door being stuck closed, once again working it back and forth seemed to fix the problem. Both times this occurred was when I had my car in very cold weather where the temps were constantly below zero or in the single digits.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
Ice? I recall post about ice causing issues and I see your in Chi.
I would definitely contribute it to ice if the doors acted up when the weather was freezing, but they were doing this before it even dropped below 60 last year...
Old 03-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by STEVE1214
It sounds like the door actuators. I had my drivers door do the same thing. Found the part online and found directions to remove the door panel and the door handle and was able to swap it out. Not an easy task but with patience it is very doable if your handy.
The first time the driver's door did it, i removed the panel and actuator to see if any binding was occurring, it was last year so i dont remember if i tried to operate it with the switch while uninstalled. It did move freely and the cable was good as well. As soon as the temp dropped though, the doors had began to work again.
Removal is tedious though.
Where did u find the actuators?
Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
Before you replace them I would suggest you access them first then try to manually operate them.

Now, I know they're different actuators, but I've replaced or had my passenger side tilt mirror actuator replaced 2x under warranty and 1x out of pocket. After it stopped working the 4th time I moved the mirror back and forth by hand and it works perfectly again. I took the mirror apart anyway and put the old part on and it works too.

I also had this problem with my fuel filler door being stuck closed, once again working it back and forth seemed to fix the problem. Both times this occurred was when I had my car in very cold weather where the temps were constantly below zero or in the single digits.
This i will attempt when the weather breaks. For what its worth, i do hear a faint whirring sound when I try to unlock initially then no more after that.

Thanks for everything people!!