7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2014 maxima sv Sudden sputter and loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 05:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2014 maxima sv Sudden sputter and loss of power

Recently I was driving home and accelerated to match the speed of traffic. Once I got in traffic I suddenly heard my car sputtering and loosing power. I barely made it home, the following day the car would turn over and start but not continue to run. I initially thought I blew the motor or the transmission failed. After contacting my third party warranty company I realized I was covered to have it towed to and worked on at the local Nissan dealer. I was contacted that the Mass Airflow Sensor had failed and was replaced and my car was ready for pick up.
I am only posting this to ensure any one who has this problem saves money buys this part and slaps it on. they charged 500 bux at the stealership to replace this.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:15 AM

thank you for the info, did you have a check engine light on? Just asking to see if it threw a code.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

After it happened i had athe lights on the dash,i did see that the check engine light stayed but disnt have a code reader to see what it thru.