Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

V2 bracket without stillen tensioner bracket?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:11 PM
The original VQ...

V2 bracket without stillen tensioner bracket?

Over the past 6 months i've bought a ton of s/c parts, But sadly I still dont have the parts I want to have a perfect kit.

let me get to the point..... is it possible to install a v2 bracket without the tensioner bracket that stillen includes in their kit ?

Any way to modify the stock bracket?

Or is there some chance in hell stillen might still sell just the bracket?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
Over the past 6 months i've bought a ton of s/c parts, But sadly I still dont have the parts I want to have a perfect kit.

let me get to the point..... is it possible to install a v2 bracket without the tensioner bracket that stillen includes in their kit ?

Any way to modify the stock bracket?

Or is there some chance in hell stillen might still sell just the bracket?

From what I've read on this Forum, Stillen no longer has the Tensioner Bracket, but I also heard Stillen didn't have the Cam Sensor Retainer, but I was able to purchase it and some other much needed S/C parts from them a few months ago.

It all depends on who you talk to at Stillen. I spoke to the Sales Manager (Jeff Ricardi) after one of their Sales Reps told me he had some of the parts I was looking for but he needed to do a stock check and to call him back a week later. I called him back a week later and he had some excuse that he was too busy to look, to call back in a few days. I did and another excuse week after week. He kept on giving me the run-around and then he flat out told me he wouldn't sell the parts to me because I was getting too (antsy) so I went above his head and spoke to Jeff. I received my parts after that. Call them up and speak to Jeff, have all your part numbers ready, you can find them in here on here on the org.

If Stillen doesn't have the Tensioner Bracket, you will need to get a Stillen V-1 Plate or a Matty Plate to make it work, because the V-2 bracket will not work without the Tensioner Bracket. Good Luck!!!!!

Last edited by boneebone; 10-17-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 AM
The original VQ...

Originally Posted by boneebone
From what I've read on this Forum, Stillen no longer has the Tensioner Bracket, but I also heard Stillen didn't have the Cam Sensor Retainer, but I was able to purchase it and some other much needed S/C parts from them a few months ago.

It all depends on who you talk to at Stillen. I spoke to the Sales Manager (Jeff Ricardi) after one of their Sales Reps told me he had some of the parts I was looking for but he needed to do a stock check and to call him back a week later. I called him back a week later and he had some excuse that he was too busy to look, to call back in a few days. I did and another excuse week after week. He kept on giving me the run-around and then he flat out told me he wouldn't sell the parts to me because I was getting too (antsy) so I went above his head and spoke to Jeff. I received my parts after that. Call them up and speak to Jeff, have all your part numbers ready, you can find them in the on here on the org.

If Stillen doesn't have the Tensioner Bracket, you will need to get a Stillen V-1 Plate or a Matty Plate to make it work, because the V-2 bracket will not work without the Tensioner Bracket. Good Luck!!!!!
Ok ill give them a shot, guess it cant hurt. I think the part number I need are 407500-22 Base Bracket , and 1
407500-23 Spacer Pulley 1

Now what if I grind off the part on the plate to clear the tensioner plate?
or is it to risky . And I assume it would weaken the area alot....
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96CT
Ok ill give them a shot, guess it cant hurt. I think the part number I need are 407500-22 Base Bracket , and 1
407500-23 Spacer Pulley 1

Now what if I grind off the part on the plate to clear the tensioner plate?
or is it to risky . And I assume it would weaken the area alot....
Those are the right part numbers. I believe grinding it will not work because it still need a pulley, also since the V-2 bracket is made out of aluminum, it will stand the chance of cracking plus the V-2 plate is known for flexing and it needs all the strength it can get. Your best bet is to contact Stillen, find a used one V-2 tensioner bracket, or a V-1 plate, or buy a new or used Matty Plate.

You could also put a Want Ad in www.nycmaximas.org ,the East Coast has alot of Boosted Maximas around, which I'm sure you already know that already.

Last edited by boneebone; 10-17-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by boneebone
Those are the right part numbers. I believe grinding it will not work because it still need a pulley, also since the V-2 bracket is made out of aluminum, it will stand the chance of cracking plus the V-2 plate is known for flexing and it needs all the strength it can get. Your best bet is to contact Stillen, find a used one V-2 tensioner bracket, or a V-1 plate, or buy a new or used Matty Plate.

You could also put a Want Ad in www.nycmaximas.org ,the East Coast has alot of Boosted Maximas around, which I'm sure you already know that already.
The V2 plate isn't "known" for flexing. One or two people made this claim years ago and everybody jumped on the bandwagon and has ran with this story. Shame.

If anyone has belt shredding issues, it's not the plate, it's either poor installation or using inferior/incorrect parts.

All other info given is spot on.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
The V2 plate isn't "known" for flexing. One or two people made this claim years ago and everybody jumped on the bandwagon and has ran with this story. Shame.

If anyone has belt shredding issues, it's not the plate, it's either poor installation or using inferior/incorrect parts.

All other info given is spot on.
Listen to this guy. The V2 bracket is rock solid. I had a belt issue but that was due to pulley alignment (my fault for assuming the guy I bought it off had it working), fixed now though .

Also the stock tension bracket can be easily modified to make it work with the V2 bracket. You just need to extend where the pulley moves up and down when tensioned and some other slight modifications. Nothing a Dremal tool and some elbow grease couldn't fix.

Note: I haven't modified mine, but looks simple enough to do so.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM

HELP

Originally Posted by OC_Nooby
Listen to this guy. The V2 bracket is rock solid. I had a belt issue but that was due to pulley alignment (my fault for assuming the guy I bought it off had it working), fixed now though .

Also the stock tension bracket can be easily modified to make it work with the V2 bracket. You just need to extend where the pulley moves up and down when tensioned and some other slight modifications. Nothing a Dremal tool and some elbow grease couldn't fix.

Note: I haven't modified mine, but looks simple enough to do so.
WHAT PULLEYS DID YOU USE TO FIX THE PROBLEM, I GOT ONE OFF SOMEONE ALSO AND I PUT IT ON AND HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM YOU HAD. I HAVE A V1 BLOWER AND A V2 PLATE (AND IS GRINDED DOWN ) . MY PLATE HAS A PULLEY, AND THE BELT TENSIONER HAS A PULLEY BUT DIDNT HAVE THE AJUSTER ON IT (MODIFIED WITH WASHERS). BUT I STILL SHREDED BELT. I NEED PART NUMBERS SO I CAN CHANGE BOTH PULLEYS. IF ANYONE CAN HELP . IT LOOKS ALL LINED UP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AT THIS POINT