8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

How much did you pay? *new car shopper*

Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Administrator

How much did you pay? *new car shopper*

This thread was done for the 7th gen Maxima, figured it's a good idea to do for the 8th as well.

So, what kinds of prices have you all been getting/seeing so far at the dealerships?

Where are the cheapest new maxima's being sold around the country?

What trim level did you get or are planning to get? What exterior color and interior color? And what options did you/will you elect to get?

How much did you pay out the door with tax?

What options do you feel are way overpriced?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:41 AM

I like the idea of this thread, but would suggest that we discuss whether to include the tax, because states not only pay different amounts for tax, but there are states like Georgia where the tax includes/replaces the amounts that would have been paid as ad valoreum each year at tax time during the life of the car, so is a huge chunk right out of the gate.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:13 AM

I believe the best, most usable information is the price paid BEFORE any tax, title, or license fees... And also before any trade-in allowance. In other words, only what you paid for the car after rebates and manufacuturer/dealer discounts. This number can then provide an accurate comparison and be applied to the TTL situation in our own states and municipalities. Also listing the MSRP and options on the model purchased helps associate each deal and how it is equipped to what configuration we may be considering. Including the amount you paid for taxes, title, license fees is meaningless to those living elsewhere.

Last edited by Max2013; 06-12-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 AM

Out the door price is what counts and what your sales tax is. The price paid before is meaningless as it can be countered by bull**** prep fees added on.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:16 PM

Agreed. Let's cut to the chase. We know what the MSRP, invoice, holdback, options dealer prep prices are. Let's get an idea of what the dealer is willing to sell for. Don't fall for the the normal "I'll check with the sales manager" BS. Give an offer along with your research and see what happens. There are numerous sites that you can build your car and see what it costs.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by mls277
I see a LOT of maximas on the inventory locator in my area..within 25-50 miles, 200+. is that legit or is that inbound cars? If so its a lot easier to get than it was expected to be and the incentives will follow soon!
Are you sure you are specifying 2016 Maximas? That seems like a lot. But then a dealer has to have at least 40 2016 Maximas in order to have even ONE of each of the eight colors of each of the five models of the Maxima.

There are so many variables in this situation. I wanted a silver Platinum with cashmere interior, and when I checked three days ago, there were only eight in the entire country, and three of those eight were in California (I am in middle Georgia). The nearest one to me was way out west on the banks of the Mississippi River (Memphis).

You can give us your ZIP code and we can easily verify that number.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:36 AM

I put "exact matches" and it showed these numbers. the 200+ is 50 miles but I'm in the NYC area so you can imagine the number of dealers around here.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Posted this in another thread:

My pre-order came in (at NJ dealership) and I originally got MSRP offer ("we don't need to give a discount" attitude). When I was getting up to walk away, I got $1K off MSRP. At worst, I'll pay invoice but not a penny more. Good thing I have time on my side. Funny thing is they ordered my color combo, refunded me my deposit, and now have to sell that car (hopefully to me!).
Old 06-13-2015, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by netjack
Posted this in another thread:

My pre-order came in (at NJ dealership) and I originally got MSRP offer ("we don't need to give a discount" attitude). When I was getting up to walk away, I got $1K off MSRP. At worst, I'll pay invoice but not a penny more. Good thing I have time on my side. Funny thing is they ordered my color combo, refunded me my deposit, and now have to sell that car (hopefully to me!).
Tried my negotian tactics on the dealer and they didn't budge one bit. Almost like there trained to know everything about the price but none about the car.
Really got me mad, because I had them in a position to get my trade value at what I wanted. And as I stated in previous threads, no I'm not a fan of early models of any car, but seeing this in person got me buzzing. I love it
Old 06-14-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy6905
Tried my negotian tactics on the dealer and they didn't budge one bit. Almost like there trained to know everything about the price but none about the car.
Really got me mad, because I had them in a position to get my trade value at what I wanted. And as I stated in previous threads, no I'm not a fan of early models of any car, but seeing this in person got me buzzing. I love it
Just as info, I usually avoided the first year of a redesign during the many decades I was buying Detroit products, but have bought the first model year of Maxima gens 2 through 7, and have never had any significant problems. I think the extended, careful breakin I give them helps.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:19 AM

I would think (hope) nissan would honor the 7th gen trade ins with good value since were coming back for ANOTHER maxima with so many options out there in this price range.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:17 PM

I would think (hope) nissan would honor the 7th gen trade ins with good value since were coming back for ANOTHER maxima with so many options out there in this price range.
You might need to nudge them a tad. Dealers are in the business to make money, so will probably offer the lowest price they think you might accept. Check out the Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds Automotive, etc. Be honest when those sites ask for the condition of your car, and you will have sort of a target price you will try to get on your tradein.

Some dealers will probably offer more than others, depending on how much lot space they have available for used cars, and how much demand they think there might be for your tradein.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:24 PM

Nissan sees that big picture but I'm not sure individual dealers see it. If they only have a few and the demand is high, customer loyalty may not be a consideration.

When there is a good supply of the 2016 cars their outlook will change to a sell whatever we can at some profit level.

Always wondered why Nissan does not give incentives early in a model run so that they are seen on the street that first two months?

I'm not going to make an effort just yet. We leased two 7th generations but will buy the next one when prices settle some.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mick7
Nissan sees that big picture but I'm not sure individual dealers see it. If they only have a few and the demand is high, customer loyalty may not be a consideration.

When there is a good supply of the 2016 cars their outlook will change to a sell whatever we can at some profit level.

Always wondered why Nissan does not give incentives early in a model run so that they are seen on the street that first two months?

I'm not going to make an effort just yet. We leased two 7th generations but will buy the next one when prices settle some.

I have tried that 'let me show this car around town for you and get customers coming to see this car' angle several times in the past, but the reality is that, very early on, dealers around here add an 'availability' charge of several thousand above MSRP, so any Nissan discount would be swallowed by that pack.

Also, a Nissan discount is not needed in order to sell the few the dealers are getting early on; the holdup is the customer finding exactly the car he/she wants. I am ready with cash whenever I see the car I want at one of the dealers within an hour's drive of my home.

After a few months, things will change. The folks at the three dealers nearest me (all belong to the same man) know that my wife and I eat out every day at restaurants in this area, and we keep the dealer logo on the rear of the car unless we are on an out-of-town trip (their dealer logo can be pulled off or reattached fairly easily).

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-15-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 AM

I take it back my dealer is showing $500 loyalty for current maxima and altima v6 owners and 1 year of service!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:49 AM

My dealership is so stupid or this just came up, but i was just looking at my dealerships website and it shows the 2016 maxima with a 2k nissan incentive dropping the Msrp to 36k. We could've made a deal the other day if this was in play. I'm tempted to contact them, but part of me is saying to wait. Just interesting, maybe some incentives are coming to all dealerships
Old 06-15-2015, 12:43 PM

I test drove a Nissam Maxima Platinum last Friday. After the drive we talked numbers and they discounted 1000 off MSRP and took away the 699 dollar document fee. I told them I would come back the next day to finalize the deal but had second thoughts. I felt it was too easy. I am holding back for more.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I have tried that 'let me show this car around town for you and get customers coming to see this car' angle several times in the past, but the reality is that, very early on, dealers around here add an 'availability' charge of several thousand above MSRP, so any Nissan discount would be swallowed by that pack.

Also, a Nissan discount is not needed in order to sell the few the dealers are getting early on; the holdup is the customer finding exactly the car he/she wants. I am ready with cash whenever I see the car I want at one of the dealers within an hour's drive of my home.

After a few months, things will change. The folks at the three dealers nearest me (all belong to the same man) know that my wife and I eat out every day at restaurants in this area, and we keep the dealer logo on the rear of the car unless we are on an out-of-town trip (their dealer logo can be pulled off or reattached fairly easily).
Time is your best friend in buying a Maxima, every model year since the 4th gen wait a few months, especially toward the end of the year you can get huge savings on Maxima's. Rebates and the fact that they want to move it off the lot for tax purposes you get add'l on top of rebates, you will save thousands!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy6905
My dealership is so stupid or this just came up, but i was just looking at my dealerships website and it shows the 2016 maxima with a 2k nissan incentive dropping the Msrp to 36k. We could've made a deal the other day if this was in play. I'm tempted to contact them, but part of me is saying to wait. Just interesting, maybe some incentives are coming to all dealerships
I said it few weeks ago, this is a nissan, and they move in bulk so they will be offering incentives sooner than later. I wasn't patient with the 7th gen so I ended up with too high an interest rate and not enough of MSRP. I'm going in looking for a good deal or I'm gonna walk out and wait.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Time is your best friend in buying a Maxima, every model year since the 4th gen wait a few months, especially toward the end of the year you can get huge savings on Maxima's. Rebates and the fact that they want to move it off the lot for tax purposes you get add'l on top of rebates, you will save thousands!
A long history of lusting for the 'latest generation' vehicle has taught me the wisdom you are putting out, but the vanity in me is always tussling with that wisdom, yearning to drive those new wheels down the highway with a smile on my face.

I must now decide whether to grab and display my smile of pleasure, or wait and display my smile of wisdom.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 PM

A long history of lusting for the 'latest generation' vehicle has taught me the wisdom you are putting out, but the vanity in me is always tussling with that wisdom, yearning to drive those new wheels down the highway with a smile on my face.

I must now decide whether to grab and display my smile of pleasure, or wait and display my smile of wisdom.
Hehe, well if your 09 is in great shape and makes you happy still as you say still why not wait to save that money. Could be some money for something good for the grands or nice get away for you and the wifey ;-)...Just saying
Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 PM

Hehe, well if your 09 is in great shape and makes you happy still as you say still why not wait to save that money. Could be some money for something good for the grands or nice get away for you and the wifey ;-)...Just saying
My '09 is a troublefree cream puff, but our other vehicles are trucks that are in very good shape, but are all over ten years old. The Maxima is our long-trip vehicle that we depend on to get us safely to and from anywhere. We are notorious for finding back roads that are not on the map, and often end up in strange situations.

At my advanced age, I would not last ten minutes if our car broke down in Death Valley or deserted rural areas of Nevada, New Mexico, Montana, etc in midsummer or midwinter. We will be getting right at $18K for our absolutely perfect white 7th gen with Premium and Tech packages. That takes the sting off the price of the Platinum.

We have been frugal all our lives, and new Maximas are my only indulgence. We are actually in excellent shape financially, and see no reason to not at least have one very nice, very dependable vehicle. But then you are correct that we don't have to have it immediately. A little patience never hurts.

EDIT - Looks like Dallas is going to get totally drenched by a tropical storm yet again. What on earth did Texans do to make God this angry with you?

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-15-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 PM

My '09 is a troublefree cream puff, but our other vehicles are trucks that are in very good shape, but are all over ten years old. The Maxima is our long-trip vehicle that we depend on to get us safely to and from anywhere. We are notorious for finding back roads that are not on the map, and often end up in strange situations.

At my advanced age, I would not last ten minutes if our car broke down in Death Valley or deserted rural areas of Nevada, New Mexico, Montana, etc in midsummer or midwinter. We will be getting right at $18K for our absolutely perfect white 7th gen with Premium and Tech packages. That takes the sting off the price of the Platinum.

We have been frugal all our lives, and new Maximas are my only indulgence. We are actually in excellent shape financially, and see no reason to not at least have one very nice, very dependable vehicle. But then you are correct that we don't have to have it immediately. A little patience never hurts.

EDIT - Looks like Dallas is going to get totally drenched by a tropical storm yet again. What on earth did Texans do to make God this angry with you?
Light it has been a mess down there recently I know, way too much rain/water to handle. I have not been there for a while, I am in S. Cal on assignment which ironically is home and we need the water here! From what I hear from my friends in both Dallas and Houston it is nasty, areas still flooded out hurting the Summer economy at local lakes as the roads to many of them are flooded out, roads cracking, leaky roofs causing drywall damage etc. They have had more rain since May 1st than ever in history in this time frame and is expected to get to get between 7 and 11 inches more with this storm causing more flooding.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Hi - I just sold the 09 and got a 16 Platinum with mats, guards, and 18" rims - $509 per month, $0 additional down (other than usual fees). Monthly fee factors in $1350 off MSRP and $500 Nissan Loyalty bonus. Not too shabby - got the color combo I wanted! See other thread for pics!

Last edited by netjack; 06-17-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by netjack
Hi - I just sold the 09 and got a 16 Premium with mats, guards, and 18" rims - $509 per month, $0 additional down (other than usual fees). Monthly fee factors in $1350 off MSRP and $500 Nissan Loyalty bonus. Not too shabby - got the color combo I wanted! See other thread for pics!
Sounds good, netjack. So happy to hear there are dealers who are actually dealing rather fairly this early. Not nitpicking, but the 'Premiums' were from generation 7. You have a 'Platinum', which is a very nice car.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:20 AM

You're absolutely right - fixed!
Old 06-17-2015, 02:21 AM

Light it has been a mess down there recently I know, way too much rain/water to handle. I have not been there for a while, I am in S. Cal on assignment which ironically is home and we need the water here! From what I hear from my friends in both Dallas and Houston it is nasty, areas still flooded out hurting the Summer economy at local lakes as the roads to many of them are flooded out, roads cracking, leaky roofs causing drywall damage etc. They have had more rain since May 1st than ever in history in this time frame and is expected to get to get between 7 and 11 inches more with this storm causing more flooding.
Texas does indeed count on folks heading to the beaches and the state parks and campgrounds and historical sites during this time of year (kids out of school) for a big part of their economy. All that is gone. Instead, over a hundred thousand folks are facing major repairs (even replacement) to their current homes, and many also lost their vehicles. Really bad scene all around. Never though I would need to feel sorry for Texas, but . . .
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM

Texas does indeed count on folks heading to the beaches and the state parks and campgrounds and historical sites during this time of year (kids out of school) for a big part of their economy. All that is gone. Instead, over a hundred thousand folks are facing major repairs (even replacement) to their current homes, and many also lost their vehicles. Really bad scene all around. Never though I would need to feel sorry for Texas, but . . .
Yeah I know and that storm is slow moving and it will be lingering in that area until Sunday.....
Old 06-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just noticed that my local dealership , which has 2 2016 SL. One black , one silver drop price on car gurus to 33,999. Msrp 38125. That's 4 k off ! I need to see other colors first , before I buy ..
Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 AM

Scheduled to test drive an s model tomorrow

Whether I drive it off the lot or not I'll snap some pics for anyone that might be interested about the interior and such

Last edited by Tommy6905; 06-18-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Giving back

I used this forum a lot when purchasing my pearl white SL 2016 maxima. SO with that in mind, I registered to share a good deal. I purchased my car at invoice. And they did a dealer locate. I purchased it from Zimbrick Nissan in Madison WI. Happy Hunting.

Last edited by steveWI; 06-18-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by steveWI
I used this forum a lot when purchasing my pearl white SL 2016 maxima. SO with that in mind, I registered to share a good deal. I purchased my car at invoice. And they did a dealer locate. I purchased it from Zimbrick Nissan in Madison WI. Happy Hunting.
Congrats on the new Maxima! Welcome to the forum and post some pics when you get a chance, to show off the new beast.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

SL at invoice. Yay!

Originally Posted by NissanFreak2000
Congrats on the new Maxima! Welcome to the forum and post some pics when you get a chance, to show off the new beast.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:17 PM

Great car!
Old 06-20-2015, 03:20 PM

Carl looks amazing! Love seeing the pics of the Maxima in the wild, makes me love it even more and harder to hold out,lol!
Old 06-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Great car!
FWIW, I am very happy that I went with the SL over SR (platinum wasn't really on my mind). The car is a little tight interior wise (or it feels like it) and even though the moonroof does take even more headroom, all the open airyness is great. Light everywhere with it open. feels spacious.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:46 PM

SL at invoice. Yay!
Thanks for posting the photo. Great color choice... IMO!

Last edited by Max2013; 06-20-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:35 AM

FWIW, I am very happy that I went with the SL over SR (platinum wasn't really on my mind). The car is a little tight interior wise (or it feels like it) and even though the moonroof does take even more headroom, all the open airyness is great. Light everywhere with it open. feels spacious.
Great info. thanks!
Old 06-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Administrator

We all know what the new Maxima looks like. Let's keep this thread on topic and focus on what trim level you got and what you paid...etc.

Preferably it's best to post your pre-tax price, but if you post your final price with tax, that's ok too. Just be sure to tell us what your state's sales tax is.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

sr w/ sport spoiler, sport mats, splash guards

sticker $39,370
paid $36,654 + $199 admin/doc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *new car shopper*