8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Got one!

Old 07-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got one!

Got this beautiful car about two weeks ago. After going to four dealerships we decided this was the car for us. The problem was none of them had the forged bronze color which was the color we thought we wanted. We found one online about 40 miles from home. It was parked outside the front door of the dealership and right then and there we decided that was not the color for us. Through the window, inside the showroom I saw this beauty in Deep Blue Pearl staring at me. I went to open the door just as an older couple was approaching. I did the proper thing and opened the door for them. They headed straight for my car! My husband had just gotten a phone call and was still standing outside. I mouthed through the window "GET OFF THE PHONE!". The salesman walked up to the me asked if he could help me with anything. I said yes. I want to talk numbers. Right as we were about to close the deal, the other couple asked to test drive it because they wanted to buy it. It just goes to show how fast they are being snatched up. The dealer had this one for less than 24 hours. I will say this color is very hard to find here in the Platinum series. I love my Nissan Maxima Platinum. I'm so happy to join your family!
Attached Thumbnails Got one!-img_0323.jpg   Got one!-img_0322.jpg  
Old 07-13-2015, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by beeeeeford
Got this beautiful car about two weeks ago. After going to four dealerships we decided this was the car for us. The problem was none of them had the forged bronze color which was the color we thought we wanted. We found one online about 40 miles from home. It was parked outside the front door of the dealership and right then and there we decided that was not the color for us. Through the window, inside the showroom I saw this beauty in Deep Blue Pearl staring at me. I went to open the door just as an older couple was approaching. I did the proper thing and opened the door for them. They headed straight for my car! My husband had just gotten a phone call and was still standing outside. I mouthed through the window "GET OFF THE PHONE!". The salesman walked up to the me asked if he could help me with anything. I said yes. I want to talk numbers. Right as we were about to close the deal, the other couple asked to test drive it because they wanted to buy it. It just goes to show how fast they are being snatched up. The dealer had this one for less than 24 hours. I will say this color is very hard to find here in the Platinum series. I love my Nissan Maxima Platinum. I'm so happy to join your family!

Congratulations! This is a beautiful color and I see you got the 18" inch alloy wheels which makes it look even better. Welcome to the family
Old 07-13-2015, 04:46 PM

congrats! those 18s look great.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:47 PM

"Here, let me get the door for you"

"THAT'S MY CAR YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!"

Old 07-13-2015, 05:36 PM

Please drop by here and let us know how much you paid:
https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...r-shopper.html
Old 07-13-2015, 07:10 PM

Great story! Congratulations... Nice photo's!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Car looks great! Good luck with it.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:51 PM

WOW!!! I can not imagine they are selling like hot cakes. I would be anxious to get one in Deep Pearl Blue, and go nuts like you did. I am just biding my time after the frenzy die out then I'll go buy one. Congrats, on your new car.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
WOW!!! I can not imagine they are selling like hot cakes. I would be anxious to get one in Deep Pearl Blue, and go nuts like you did. I am just biding my time after the frenzy die out then I'll go buy one. Congrats, on your new car.
Me too. And they are far from selling like hot cakes. Inventories are heavy there will be incentives by September the latest... Car will sell well, but pricing will have to be competitive. Leases rule the day in this segment.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by steevo
Me too. And they are far from selling like hot cakes. Inventories are heavy there will be incentives by September the latest... Car will sell well, but pricing will have to be competitive. Leases rule the day in this segment.
I'm seeing that as well, Southbay Nissan here has had the same 3 that I have noticed for nearly 1.5 months now which I pass by almost everyday....
Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I'm seeing that as well, Southbay Nissan here has had the same 3 that I have noticed for nearly 1.5 months now which I pass by almost everyday....
They're just saving them for you, Monte.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by charliebrown
They're just saving them for you, Monte.
Hehe, hey Charlie I'm content with the Z, 335IS and the 03 SE for now. Also they probably would not want to see me with crappy service they performed on my Z that I gave them a nice well lets just say " bleep bleep 2 months ago, back to Gardena Nissan for the Z and Max.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Hehe, hey Charlie I'm content with the Z, 335IS and the 03 SE for now. Also they probably would not want to see me with crappy service they performed on my Z that I gave them a nice well lets just say " bleep bleep 2 months ago, back to Gardena Nissan for the Z and Max.
That's good info to know about that particular service dept. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry your Z had to go through that. I know I'd be pissed as hell if it were mine.

Search this Thread