8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2016 Maximas on the Streets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 PM

In Nissan Vacaville (vacavillenissan.com), u can find great internet prices for Maxima. No one is really buying, so they have a blue SR for 34999. I should have waited a bit. Lol. I'm a bad at negotiating.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:11 AM

Saw my second one this morning parked in my complexes garage. It was a gunmetal SL. I spotted it a mile away by the aggressive front!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gildarts
In Nissan Vacaville (vacavillenissan.com), u can find great internet prices for Maxima. No one is really buying, so they have a blue SR for 34999. I should have waited a bit. Lol. I'm a bad at negotiating.
They wanted full MSRP for an SL when I went in July.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:40 PM

Mls777, where r u from? I've only seen 1 red maxima.. Earlier, i went out to drive, the prius ahead of me slowed down and moved to the right to let me pass, then checked my Maxima out from behind.. I think they're wondering which Nissan model is mine. Lol
Old 09-05-2015, 08:33 PM

I am beginning to see more roaming around Houston. Saw at least 4-5 in the last week. A couple at night going the opposite direction, so got a good look at the LEDs. Saw a black Platinum today at Walgreens. May be an employees so i may be seeing that one often.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:19 PM

I have still never seen one on the streets!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm in L.A. and I've seen 4 since they went on sale. The people who were driving them didn't look like they knew what they were doing Driving slooooow
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM

saw my first one today. it was ok.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 PM

I finally saw another 2016 Maxima other than mine today. I was pulling into the parking lot at the gym and an attractive lady around 30 years old was getting out of a black Maxima with black wheels. I couldn't see the model because she had backed into the parking space. I rolled my window down and told her, "Nice car!" and she said, "Yours, too!". I told her I liked the wheels and she said, "I love this car!".

The End
Old 09-16-2015, 05:05 PM

Wink

'The End?' Sounds like it might be 'The Beginning.'
Old 09-16-2015, 05:44 PM

Still haven't seen one other than dealer lots!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
'The End?' Sounds like it might be 'The Beginning.'
Ha! Funny guy. I'm a married man. It has to be "the end". You could make the argument that it was "the end" when I got married 20 years ago.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:51 PM

Anyone else experience dealers not sending price quotes despite the website claiming you will "Get a price quote" on the vehicle? Sent to 3 dealers and not one returned a single number on the car. All form letters and invites to come in and sit down.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:38 PM

I passed another Maxima yesterday on the highway. It was Coulis Red, just like mine. It's only the third 2016 Maxima that I 've seen "out in the wild".
Old 09-30-2015, 03:55 PM

I saw two yesterday (White and Black), and one today (I believe it was a Deep Blue Pearl, but it was very dirty.) Nice to finally start seeing them on the streets of Indy.

Last edited by phattyaltnatl; 09-30-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Update on West Los Angeles:
I've seen about 12 already. Most of them have been sl, Every color except blue pearl. On Sunday i finally saw another white one and both the other driver and I didn't like seeing our matching cars lol.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Zero

I've taken two fairly long trips already and I have not seen any other 2016's on the road. I drove 1150 miles round trip from Bethlehem, PA to Cincinnati and about 400 miles round trip from Bethlehem, PA to Montauk, NY. The good news is that I averaged almost 33 mpg on the trips.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 AM

Stopped at a red light on Georgia 92 North waiting to cross US 29 in Fairburn GA at 4:20PM Thursday, when my observant wife said 'isn't that a new Maxima in front of us?' I stopped fiddeling with the buttons long enough to look up and see a black 2016 Maxima Platinum sitting five feet in front of us. Based on the temp tag, it was sold at Nissan of Union City (GA) on Friday, September 18th. He/she turned right onto US 29, while we went straight on GA 92 (headed for OZ Pizza for spinach lasagna).

We saw a blue 2016 Maxima in Griffin GA last week, but it was on the other side of a divided four lane (US 19), and we couldn't make out any details. With all the Nissan dealers we have in this area, it is a little disappointing we haven't seen more 2016 Maximas.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:03 AM

I saw a white Maxima on the highway while I was driving into the office this morning. It was still dark and I could spot those distinctive taillights from far away. The person driving the other Maxima must have been intrigued as well because after I passed him, he got behind me and followed me for many miles. I am starting to see the Maximas more frequently. Some are finally getting on the roads.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 AM

I've lost count.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by NissLover
I've lost count.

I'm curious, in what part of the country do you live? I can count the ones I have seen here on one hand.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah I have not yet seen another one driving on the road here in San Diego. I saw one at a Chargers pre-season game and that has been it and I am looking.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:47 PM

I can't decide on the platinum or the SL- the platinums are listed with 2500-3500 off on some dealer websites, not so much on the SL. Makes it seem worth going for the top level- but i don't really want the special leather the fake wood trim and the AC seats...none of that is necessary for me.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:05 PM

I have not seen one on the road other than mine! But I am getting gushing remarks about my '16 Pearl White Platinum from each person that ogles it.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've seen about 3 or 4 around the Memphis metro area so far, mostly dark colored ones. Personally I'm not a fan of the factory wheels but not a bad looking car. I think once folks start adding aftermarket wheels and a drop they'll look even better.
Any option to edit the title?
lol
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by doctorpullit
I'm curious, in what part of the country do you live? I can count the ones I have seen here on one hand.
I'm in Houston.

I saw another one tonight (SR) and got a good look at the lighting at night time. Looked pretty awesome. The taillights looked better than I thought. The reflectors between the LED pipes catches light nicely and kind of looks like a third LED pipe. Love the front LED signatures. I also loved how the machined wheels captured and reflected light. Overall the car looks awesome at night!

I wonder whats going on because the sales aren't all that great. They dipped below 4000 in September. I know the styling is kinda polarizing, but I don't think that would affect sales that much. I thought it would have taken off by now...
Old 10-03-2015, 05:03 AM

Trucar is showing the SL at 34,800 for my area. Think a dealer would meet that price? That and a fair trade number and I'm in. But they wanted 37900 last time I was in
Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 PM

Southbay area of LA and the only two that I have seen have been rentals, clearly identified by that sticker on the side windows. Have not yet seen an actual owned one yet here in car capital.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:01 PM

I wonder whats going on because the sales aren't all that great. They dipped below 4000 in September. I know the styling is kinda polarizing, but I don't think that would affect sales that much. I thought it would have taken off by now...
Hey Niss I think that the styling could be it, despite how many of us in here like it a lot of people in the "real" world thinks otherwise. Just read the comments on various sites/publications regarding it from others besides in here. A few weeks ago a salesman that I have known since my 4th gen just so happen to be there when I was getting my oil changed and I walked to the showroom, he said you know someone that wants one I said no. He said they are really having a tough time moving them off the lot.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:49 PM

This is why I waited. MSRP was my quote and they had 20 on the lot and it was early july. Sure enough the % rates and 500 rebate kicked in, and truecar is showing a slight drop from last time I checked. I wanna pay $33,900 for that SL. Thats my goal.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:40 PM

Lately I've seen 3 in my area. When I'm on I-40 they usually zoom by me running about 85 MPH. I would get a speeding ticket in one.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:24 PM

See them all over the place. Saw two at the local reputable tint shop with some nice tints they were the gun metal and pearl white looked really sharp
Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Hey Niss I think that the styling could be it, despite how many of us in here like it a lot of people in the "real" world thinks otherwise. Just read the comments on various sites/publications regarding it from others besides in here. A few weeks ago a salesman that I have known since my 4th gen just so happen to be there when I was getting my oil changed and I walked to the showroom, he said you know someone that wants one I said no. He said they are really having a tough time moving them off the lot.
I don't think this is it, everyone that has seen my storm blue Max has loved it, the most common reaction is "that's a Maxima??".

I think the biggest problem with sales is that no one knows they're out there. I've only had one person recognize it and he's an auto mechanic that's had one come into the shop for service. The only commercial I've seen for it since it was released was this past Saturday during college football.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:11 AM

Yea! It was all over the college football channels.I hope they are not trying to sell it to the students.

Last edited by mrgooch; 10-05-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by mls277
This is why I waited. MSRP was my quote and they had 20 on the lot and it was early july. Sure enough the % rates and 500 rebate kicked in, and truecar is showing a slight drop from last time I checked. I wanna pay $33,900 for that SL. That's my goal.
I wish I had your patience. I purchased my SL with mats , splash guards and destination charges for $36,900 in July.I did do well on my trade in price.

Last edited by mrgooch; 10-05-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:39 AM

I've only seen a couple on the road in my area, and both of those were seen within the first few weeks of release. I don't recall seeing any more since then.

Seems like there were several Maxima commercials on during football games (college and NFL)this weekend. Maybe Nissan is finally trying to push some sales, so we could start seeing more on the roads soon.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ATDoel
I don't think this is it, everyone that has seen my storm blue Max has loved it, the most common reaction is "that's a Maxima??".

I think the biggest problem with sales is that no one knows they're out there. I've only had one person recognize it and he's an auto mechanic that's had one come into the shop for service. The only commercial I've seen for it since it was released was this past Saturday during college football.
People know its out there, Nissan has 2 commercials with it how often they show them I dunno but I have seen them both and it has had several national reviews which millions read/watch (Car and Driver, Edmunds, Motor Trend, Autoweek etc etc). It is what it is as they say...

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 10-05-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrgooch
Yea! It was all over the college football channels.I hope they are not trying to sell it to the students.

The students that are interested in football usually attend the games live. But many grads live too far from the campus to attend, so watch the games on TV (like me). Many of those grads are in the 'up and coming' category, and might be interested in a nice car. Yes, I saw the Maximas ads this past Saturday, but that was the first time I had seen more than one Maxima ad in a week.

The people that wander over to ogle my silver 2016 seem very impressed. And I see folks gawking at it when my wife is driving and I am free to look at drivers around me.

EDIT - I should have mentioned that I personally know of two folks who were looking at cars a few months ago, but backed off when the Stock Market took that big swoon from the 1800s back to the 1600s. They want to make sure we are not facing worse times. That little swoon set me back around $88K. But then the market always comes back eventually.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 10-05-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I DEFINITELY do not take any opinions in comment sections serious and do not believe they are an accurate depiction of the opinion of the general public. Those comment threads are mostly full of enthusiasts and that audience is ALWAYS EXTREMELY critical of any Nissan or Infiniti product.

As most people have posted here, out in the real world people gawk over it.

I think this weekend was the first time they really pushed the commercials. It was the first time that I've actually seen the commercials that are posted on Youtube on actual TV. I don't think they planned accordingly with the marketing and maybe thought the Maxima name alone and that SuperBowl commercial would carry the launch but that's not the case, obviously. I believe if they ramp up the marketing for it the sales would pick up.

I am still seeing multiple Maxima's here in Houston. So I think it's taken off here.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:17 PM

I DEFINITELY do not take any opinions in comment sections serious and do not believe they are an accurate depiction of the opinion of the general public. Those comment threads are mostly full of enthusiasts and that audience is ALWAYS EXTREMELY critical of any Nissan or Infiniti product.

As most people have posted here, out in the real world people gawk over it.

I think this weekend was the first time they really pushed the commercials. It was the first time that I've actually seen the commercials that are posted on Youtube on actual TV. I don't think they planned accordingly with the marketing and maybe thought the Maxima name alone and that SuperBowl commercial would carry the launch but that's not the case, obviously. I believe if they ramp up the marketing for it the sales would pick up.

I am still seeing multiple Maxima's here in Houston. So I think it's taken off here.
It is what it is, as long as the person that has it is happy does not matter. Everyone has an opinion on items you have to take the good with the bad, but as long as you are happy with your decision thats all that matters. No one in the full size segments really push commercials BTW, Avalon, Azera etc so the Maxima is not unique in that regard. The SUV/CUV is what is really what tanking the sales of the full size segment.

Quick Reply: 2016 Maximas on the Streets?