8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2016 Maximas on the Streets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM

2016 Maximas on the Streets?

Do not know how sales are really going ? I have had my Black SL going on a month tomorrow 6/23. I get compliments and looks when I drive and parking.
But live in the Chicago Metro area and I have not seen a single Maxiam on the road other then mine. It's kind of cool . Or could be scary I think that loyal Nissan owners are the early buyers and the sales will pick up? The price point might be for older buyers.

My own Midnight edition
Old 07-21-2015, 03:30 AM

I have only seen two, but that is not unexpected, as dealers around where I live tend to get full price (and even more) very early in a new generation. I expect to see more in the near future, unless this hold Nissan currently has on all 2016 Maxima sales continues.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:45 AM

I haven't seen a single one yet and thus why I turn so many heads in my pearl white 2016 maxima. I love it, personally. The less the better.

And don't count us younger buyers out, 25 here.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:51 AM

I havent seen a single one either. People wait for incentives.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by spazma7ik
I haven't seen a single one yet and thus why I turn so many heads in my pearl white 2016 maxima. I love it, personally. The less the better.

And don't count us younger buyers out, 25 here.

I have not seen a single one either. I love it too and would not complain if it stayed this way. I am loving all the compliments. It took it to get cleaned on Sunday and the guys there told me how stunning my car was and how beautiful it looked outside and inside. One of them told me how he wished he could afford a car like this.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 AM

Only seen 2 other on the road

I've had mines for a little over a month now and I have only seen 2 other on the road so far. Not gonna lie but I love the fact that there aren't too many of these on the road yet. I'm pretty sure that will change soon though because I see a TON of 7th gen Maxima's everywhere so I'm sure with time the same will happen with the 8th gen. But for now I'll just keep enjoying all the attention and compliments my 8th gen Max is getting.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

bundle and save

I took a trip from Springfield GA, to Knoxville TN, and didn't see a one, stopped to Dollyworld, and came back out, and the car was entertaining a crowd in the parking, lot pretty cool every one loved it, and at one pointe in the trip, I manage to get 33mpg on the highway, still have to get the wife use to the gear shifting, she keeps it in automatic.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 AM

I've only seen one so far here in Indy.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in west LA and i have only seen a black one s trim. As like everyone, everywhere i go my pearl white is a head turner. Everytime i pump gas someone approaches and compliments the car. I love it

Like someone said, not everyone is an old buyer. I am 23 and this is my first maxima. Ive owned 3 other altimas in the past
Old 07-21-2015, 01:42 PM

The only one I've seen on the streets is my own. And I've never had so many positive comments on any car I've owned, including my still new 280Z.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:52 PM

Have not seen a one roaming the streets in car capital of the U.S, Southern Cal. Only ones are the ones that have been on the lots for over 1.5 months now.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:52 PM

I am located in Mpls, MN. I have yet to see one on the road. As someone who is looking to purchase a 16 Maxima in the near future, I feel as that it gives me some decent negotiating amo
Old 07-21-2015, 04:32 PM

I live in Albuquerque, I haven't seen single one but the dealer has it, I think it's probably the mark up price being that they only have a handful and it might be already pre-sold. Only time will tell by the fall if any are out on the street.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:34 PM

just saw one today for the first time on the road, looks even better rolling
Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 AM

Incidentally, the only two I have seen on the street were stopped at red lights. Since I had spent two hours in one back in mid-May, and had closely examined the dozen or so that are spread out between the three dealerships my Nissan dealer owns, I did not need to stare at the car, so each time, I spent the time looking around to see if anyone else was noticing the new Maxima.

I was surprised so many folks were astute enough to realize they were seeing something new, and were staring at it. Of course, being new, both the 2016s I saw were gleaming in the sunlight, and hard to ignore.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 AM

I've been on the lookout for 'em since they were released and have still yet to see one in the wild. I've had mine for 2 weeks and have had a few stares, but not too many. I'm not sure that people around my area have any idea what they are looking at... and I love that fact!!! Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll see one today!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 04:55 PM

On another thread here, gizzsdad mentioned that he talked to his salesperson last month, and was told that dealer had sold between 8 and 10 2016 Maximas. Later, gizzsdad counted 18 2016 Maximas on his dealer's lot, but now that number is down to 10. So there are around 17 of these 8th gen Maximas floating around central Iowa that came from one dealer. If I was not very particular about exactly what I want, I would be out driving my new Maxima instead of sitting here at the keyboard.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have seen one on the interstate.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:50 AM

2016 Maxiams on the Streets?

I live in Rhode Island and have seen zero on the road thus far.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:56 AM

I've only seen one other Max and it was as I was after I had my car parked by the Emory Hospital valet, another one came into the queue. I wasn't able to wait to have a moment with the other driver unfortunately.

I have had a bunch of people drive slightly behind and beside the car to take a gander. Kinda like what was the deal when I got the 7th gen for a while.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 AM

I see the same one every day, and for some reason it's always parked in my garage.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:58 PM

gosh that looks fantastic did you get those tires through the dealer or did you get the somewhere else because they complete the car with the sports spoiler. I plan on probably getting the base model but would love to add on those blacked out tires and sports spoiler looks fantastic, congrats.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by xUNIxPanther
gosh that looks fantastic did you get those tires through the dealer or did you get the somewhere else because they complete the car with the sports spoiler. I plan on probably getting the base model but would love to add on those blacked out tires and sports spoiler looks fantastic, congrats.
Thanks! These are optional black 19s that you can order through any Nissan parts department. You'll have to buy the tires separately unless you get an SR.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:42 PM

Maxiams on lots

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
On another thread here, gizzsdad mentioned that he talked to his salesperson last month, and was told that dealer had sold between 8 and 10 2016 Maximas. Later, gizzsdad counted 18 2016 Maximas on his dealer's lot, but now that number is down to 10. So there are around 17 of these 8th gen Maximas floating around central Iowa that came from one dealer. If I was not very particular about exactly what I want, I would be out driving my new Maxima instead of sitting here at the keyboard.

I thought the 2016 are coming to the dealers Slowly, most large dealers in the Chicago area only have a couple on there lots, I went to about 6 dealers before I purchased my Super Black SL. Wanted to see all the colors and it was no more the 1,2, maybe 3 cars in stock. That was a month ago. Stopped today and they
Had 5 in stock , 3 have been there for at least 25 days?
Old 07-23-2015, 11:19 PM

I'm from Chicago Southside we have a Bordeaux black Platinum we should meet up sometime to cruise I have a Nissan Infiniti group called CNIC
Old 07-24-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Fmitchy
I thought the 2016 are coming to the dealers Slowly, most large dealers in the Chicago area only have a couple on there lots, I went to about 6 dealers before I purchased my Super Black SL. Wanted to see all the colors and it was no more the 1,2, maybe 3 cars in stock. That was a month ago. Stopped today and they
Had 5 in stock , 3 have been there for at least 25 days?
A lot of this depends on the dealer's performance during the last sales year. Also, the dealer can order cars, and some dealers are shy about new generations, and if they are not particularly impressed by the styling, they don't order many.

My dealer has three lots, and at one time last week, one lot had nine 2016 Maximas, one lot had six 2016 Maximas and one lot had only three 2016 Maximas. The lot with only three is the largest lot, but is a new lot that has been open less than a year.

I especially sympathize with those who are buying from a small dealer in a small town. They will either have to 'settle' from a very narrow choice, have a car trucked in from another town, go to a larger dealer elsewhere to buy, or order from the factory.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
I live in Albuquerque, I haven't seen single one but the dealer has it, I think it's probably the mark up price being that they only have a handful and it might be already pre-sold. Only time will tell by the fall if any are out on the street.
There is at least one on the street here in Albuquerque...mine . But I have not seen any others yet. I had a beggar at a stop light on academy and San Mateo have me roll down my window yesterday and talk about my car. He really liked it lol.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I will be taking a 1000 mile road trip this weekend, will be interested to see how many new Maxima's I see.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same here 6/23 purchased in SC, haven't seen a single other one anywhere.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 AM

Nissan owners are pretty loyal. I am on my 3rd Maxima (2014 SV with Sport Package) and have had 2 Pathfinders and a 350Z as well. While I love Nissans, I am also cautious about buying a a car right after a major redesign like they did with the 2016 Maxima.
Usually, they'll find any production issues within the first 8 months after the release of the car. I think you don't see a lot of 2016 Maximas because of limited availability right now and because most people are being cautious about buying a car so soon after it's release.
Also, most dealers are not going to offer much of a discount on the price of a car when it's just been released. You'll see a spike in 2016 Maxima sales once the initial excitement over the car goes away and dealers start dealing...
Old 07-26-2015, 09:15 AM

Queens,NY (maxima capital of the world..lol) and I've only seen two of the new ones..
Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM

according to another thread the dealers are discounting.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by mls277
according to another thread the dealers are discounting.
Correct from 4 to 6K off already...
Old 07-26-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Wow
Old 07-26-2015, 01:56 PM

Still haven't seen any more than one, here on the streets of Indy.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
But you must finance with Nissan. Those who use any other source of financing or pay cash do not get these really fat discounts. Nissan will take their money either through the sale price or via their financing. Our choice.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:52 PM

So, for the financially "able", acquire the vehicle through NMAC then buy out the vehicle after the first few payments. Just saying. Get the discount, then pay it off.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:02 PM

But you must finance with Nissan. Those who use any other source of financing or pay cash do not get these really fat discounts. Nissan will take their money either through the sale price or via their financing. Our choice.

I posted the advertised price of 6,000 discount. However, you must be careful as the discounted price has an *. I think I saw in very tiny letters that they were offering 8.9% interest which is very high. People need to find out all the details to make sure they are not paying a low price but high interest.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:26 PM

I paid MSRP, but got 1.8% financing through my bank.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:09 PM

When I used to be in the mortgage business, I use to hire a lot of auto finance guys to work for me. Yeah, they will offer you the $4,000-6,000 discount to hook you, but while you're all excited about getting a good deal on a new car, they "up-sell" you on a higher finance rate. Just like in the mortgage business, the finance guy (just like a mortgage loan officer) isn't necessarily giving you the lowest interest rate you qualify for.
For example, let's say that your credit qualifies you for a 5% interest rate. But if the finance guy sells you on the rate of 5.75%, the bank or finance company that is fronting the money will pay him for selling the higher rate.
That is why car salesmen are always asking you how much you can afford to pay per month for the car. Because with that information, they can figure out an interest rate to sell you on where the dealership will make money.
Do you notice how if you tell them that you can afford a $400 payment and they come back with a $440 payment or you tell them that you want a 4 year loan but they come back saying that they can only do it on a 5 or 6 year loan?
That's because they are manipulating the monthly payment by playing around with the interest rate and length of loan.
Just remember that dealers NEVER lose money on a deal-- otherwise, they would not make the deal. Your best bet is to try to limit how much they make and not get raped during the car-buying process...

Quick Reply: 2016 Maximas on the Streets?