8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Less then 600 miles and in the body shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry Less then 600 miles and in the body shop

My poor new SR has less then 600 miles and is already in the body shop. WTF is wrong with people.

So I was sitting in my car after getting a coffee and I feel my car rock. I look up into the rear view mirror and see a white explorer pulling away. So I jump out and chase the car through the parking lot banging on the windows until she stops. The first thing she say when she rolls down the window is "I didn't hit you hard enough to do any damage" It took all my will power to not flip out I mean she knew she hit me and still pulled away. SO I said "well that car is brand new and my bumper tells a different story". She say here let me give you a few dollars and I said how about you give me your insurance info instead. SO we went though and exchanged all the info. I took the car in today. I don't have to pay any deductible and they are covering my rental car. It is a scratch a smudge and I think an indent in the plastic so not sure what they will need to do to fix it. I told the guy two at the body shop two things. First it is brand new and I want it back the way it was before. Second I took picture of all sides of the car and there is not single door dent, scratch or anything else anywhere on this car and expect it returned the same way. Such a bummer just glad I was in the car and caught the lady who hit me!

Old 08-26-2015, 01:03 PM

I hate that people are so inconsiderate of other peoples property these days!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 PM

Angry

Ouch, that would infuriated me. Even more when someone knew they hit someone's car and not take responsibility and accountability really peeves me off. As if someone would said I just bumped the car, that still hitting the car, I would have called police and reported that she would be considered a hit and run, but at least she did stop. what a gip.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:25 PM

You are lucky that you were able to get insurance info from B****! Poor SR. I hope the body shop can square you away.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 PM

Less then 600 miles and in the body shop

Soo sorry to hear about your car ....What a stupid b**** good thing you caught her!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:24 PM

People - or really non-car guys and gals - are more ignorant than uncaring when it comes to their car and anyone else's. My pearl whit 2016 had black scuff marks on the bumper cover at 800 miles. You can tell the offender gauged their positioning in a park spot by nudging my car and the reversing two feet. God this drives me crazy.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:17 AM

I remember standing at the back window on the fifth floor of my office one morning way back in the 1980s and saw a guy seriously drag the corner of a car as he was pulling into a fairly narrow parking space. He immediately backed out, went way up the lot and parked, and came straight into the building, no note on the damaged car's windshield, no nothing.

I took paper and pen from my desk, went down to the parking lot, got the license plate and description of the culprit's car, wrote down what had happened, offered my service as a witness, and put that info under the driver side wiper blade on the victim's car.

I didn't hear anything more from that incident. I suspect the victim simply walked the lot until he found the offending vehicle from the tag/description I gave, took the company parking lot permit number from the windshield, and went to company security and got the name of the offender.

I am extremely **** about where I park. If I don't find a very good parking space in your lot, you will not have my business.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 08-27-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:37 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about your car but the 'two' things you told the guy at the shop makes you seem almost as insufferable as the person that hit you. No need to be a jerk to him.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I remember standing at the back window on the fifth floor of my office one morning way back in the 1980s and saw a guy seriously drag the corner of a car as he was pulling into a fairly narrow parking space. He immediately backed out, went way up the lot and parked, and came straight into the building, no note on the damaged car's windshield, no nothing.

I took paper and pen from my desk, went down to the parking lot, got the license plate and description of the culprit's car, wrote down what had happened, offered my service as a witness, and put that info under the driver side wiper blade on the victim's car.

I didn't hear anything more from that incident. I suspect the victim simply walked the lot until he found the offending vehicle from the tag/description I gave, took the company parking lot permit number from the windshield, and went to company security and got the name of the offender.
I too remember an incident. I had just purchased a 2k3 Altima V6, the fastest car I've owned to that point. I was behind the scene where a jerk driving an F150 pushed aside a Civic onto a curb in a residential neighborhood. The Civic smashed into a mailbox and lost a wheel. The offender continued without hesitation leaving the Civic behind. I chased the F150 (medium speed, not high speed) as the driver was trying to lose me. I finally caught up with the car at a red light, got the license plate and returned to the scene.

Previous to the Altima, I never owned a car that could (without fail) give me the power I needed when I needed it. I was very pleased. I too had not heard anything further.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:58 AM

I had a teenage girl rear end me as I was stopped at a light. Not bad but it was a bang. She gets out and says "that was just a tap we're good right". I said let me call the police and then we're good. She did $1400 worth of damage and wanted to just drive off.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:06 AM

I only had my car a month (not a Maxima) and someone scratched my bumper while parked on the street while I was at work. Now I park around the corner from work on a less busy street.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:44 AM

Very Sorry to hear that. Like some have said " inconsiderate people are the worst." Just remember when in an accident, parking lot or in the streets. Always call the Police to get it on record. Hope all goes well with the body shop!!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by spazma7ik
I'm really sorry to hear about your car but the 'two' things you told the guy at the shop makes you seem almost as insufferable as the person that hit you. No need to be a jerk to him.
I don't disagree with you on some level but I looked at all their Yelp reviews and the negative ones were for exactly that. I almost said something when he was doing the appraisal and sat his clip board on my trunk. I would rather let him know up front ,in what I thought was a nice way that yes I am that customer, then to show up after the fact and have to deal with getting things made right.

So I got the call back it was $818 to fix the bumper and he said it will look exactly like new and car will be ready tomorrow for pick up.

Hopefully all is well that ends well. Thanks for all the support.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM

"let me give you a few dollars"

Seriously??? Yea, it would've took all I had to not cuss that woman clean out for a GOOD, LONG time!

Whhhewwww!!!

Last edited by phattyaltnatl; 08-27-2015 at 02:17 PM.