8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Text Messages

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Text Messages

I have an iPhone 6 and my new Platinum says that it is unable to use the text message feature. I checked the Nissan website and it says that the iPhone 6 is supported.

Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPhone?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by kmitchel
I have an iPhone 6 and my new Platinum says that it is unable to use the text message feature. I checked the Nissan website and it says that the iPhone 6 is supported.

Has anyone gotten this to work with an iPhone?
I have the platinum and the system will allow you to read incoming text messages, but not send them. I actually had the same question and called the Nissan Connect team at Nissan they confirmed this. It's a limitation with iPhones and the Bluetooth.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Another in a long list of reasons why I will never own anything Apple.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need some help

Originally Posted by spidgeon
I have the platinum and the system will allow you to read incoming text messages, but not send them. I actually had the same question and called the Nissan Connect team at Nissan they confirmed this. It's a limitation with iPhones and the Bluetooth.
I also have a Platinum but I can't figure out how to use the texting system with my IPhone 5S. Are there specific settings on the phone that need to be enabled? Can you offer any instructions for either the car and/or the phone? I'm baffled. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by guitarman
Another in a long list of reasons why I will never own anything Apple.
Well said, I-Tards pays top dollar to get catch up techology comparable to the Samsung already in my hand for a year.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by JAD007
I also have a Platinum but I can't figure out how to use the texting system with my IPhone 5S. Are there specific settings on the phone that need to be enabled? Can you offer any instructions for either the car and/or the phone? I'm baffled. Thanks.
On your iPhone go to Settings, Bluetooth. Select the "I" to the right of the selected device, in this case your Maxima. Make sure "Show Notifications" is turned ON. Your car will now read text messages as they come in.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by spidgeon
On your iPhone go to Settings, Bluetooth. Select the "I" to the right of the selected device, in this case your Maxima. Make sure "Show Notifications" is turned ON. Your car will now read text messages as they come in.
Thank you. I'll try this when I get home in a few days. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Able to receive texts but can't send. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Able to receive texts but can't send. Thanks for the help.
Not sending is an Apple issue - for some reason they have restricted sending from iPhones - they have also restricted access to NISSAN connects Google search functionality unless your iPhone is connected by BOTH Bluetooth and an Apple Branded USB cable - thanks Steve....
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Texts

Originally Posted by rbaker100
Not sending is an Apple issue - for some reason they have restricted sending from iPhones - they have also restricted access to NISSAN connects Google search functionality unless your iPhone is connected by BOTH Bluetooth and an Apple Branded USB cable - thanks Steve....

Thanks for the info. The Apple text restriction is sort of frustrating. It would be nice even if there was just an auto-reply like (Driving now, can't text.)
Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the info. The Apple text restriction is sort of frustrating. It would be nice even if there was just an auto-reply like (Driving now, can't text.)
While not as convenient as going through Nissan Connect, you can just say "Hey siri, message so and so blah blah" and it will still send it, assuming the USB is connected.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ATDoel
While not as convenient as going through Nissan Connect, you can just say "Hey siri, message so and so blah blah" and it will still send it, assuming the USB is connected.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:12 AM

We have a /windows ATT 635 smart phone and it works great for all functions except voice texting out bound. It will read incoming OK. Hope there is a software fix since the phone works in the Acura ILX inbound and outbound texting.