8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Has Anyone Experienced Maxima Harassment...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has Anyone Experienced Maxima Harassment...

Let me give you an example of Maxima Harassment:

At a gas station minding my own business filling my tank. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a guy walking around my car. The first thing out of his mouth is, 'Hey man...what kind of Nissan is this? Is this the 2016 Maxima?!" Since he had already answered his own question I just nodded my head. Still looking at the car he boldly asks me, "Can I sit in it and see some features?" I told him no, finished pumping gas, gave him a card to see the salesman that sold me the car and peeled out.

I'm in Virginia (Chesapeake) and there aren't too many Maxima's on the road yet. Which is great...but it has it's own burden...ha ha.

Anyone else gone through something like this....
Old 09-11-2015, 12:55 PM

Ha! We have Mercedes dealership in Minneapolis that also used to carry the Nissan line. They ended up selling the Nissan piece off. Anyway, was at a gas station next to that dealership and one of the service guys pulled up next to me. He knocked on My window and said "Damn - This is the new Maxima?! - Didn't even know they released a new body style. Thing looks 20 times better than last years model". I know the dude is in and out of nice cars all day, so it felt good to hear that.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Maybe he wanted to sit in it so he could be the one peeling out as you chase him down the street on foot...
Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't call it harassment for the most part, but every time I drive it someone is always commenting on it or engaging in pretty lengthy convos regarding it. A lot of middle-aged or older men (I'm only 25).

Only time I'd consider it harassment was when I was parked in a space surrounded by empty spaces and a dude drove up right behind me, started cirlcing my car looking at it and then came up and knocked on my windows. I rolled it down and told him he could had just waved as I had just washed the damn thing... Anyways, he starts asking about the car and sticks half his body in my car peeking around, which is when I firmly asked him to back the hell up cause my 2 year old was sitting in the backseat and it was quite uncomfortable. He was cool about it, apologized and drove away.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:04 PM

The only 'harrassment' I get is when I park at the very far end of a parking lot, way out where there are oodles of open parking slots and NO vehicles, then get back to the car and find there are still oodles of empty spaces, but TWO cars - my clean, shiny, dent-free Maxima and one old dent-riddled rust bucket with the bumper half-off and tires covered with months of road grime and mud, parked right up next to my Maxima.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
The only 'harrassment' I get is when I park at the very far end of a parking lot, way out where there are oodles of open parking slots and NO vehicles, then get back to the car and find there are still oodles of empty spaces, but TWO cars - my clean, shiny, dent-free Maxima and one old dent-riddled rust bucket with the bumper half-off and tires covered with months of road grime and mud, parked right up next to my Maxima.
I had that happen to me with the 91 Q45 while before it got its first parking lot ding back in 2012.

Can you guess which store I was visiting when that happened? Initials WM.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NERDJUSTBNME
Let me give you an example of Maxima Harassment:

At a gas station minding my own business filling my tank. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a guy walking around my car. The first thing out of his mouth is, 'Hey man...what kind of Nissan is this? Is this the 2016 Maxima?!" Since he had already answered his own question I just nodded my head. Still looking at the car he boldly asks me, "Can I sit in it and see some features?" I told him no, finished pumping gas, gave him a card to see the salesman that sold me the car and peeled out.

I'm in Virginia (Chesapeake) and there aren't too many Maxima's on the road yet. Which is great...but it has it's own burden...ha ha.

Anyone else gone through something like this....
Just means you have a nice ride .

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

I always wonder about the people that do this. I try to avoid dings....then out of all the spots they end up parking next to you.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 AM

This is one reason I still have my 7th gen!! No worries about the brand new car getting dinged...but that won't last long since I'm considering a second trip to a different nissan dealer this weekend.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM

I have had a few people ask about my Maxima which never happened with any of my other cars. It definitely turns heads!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:54 PM

I guess my problem is not really harrassment, but sometimes it is slightly annoying to have cars zoom up behind, see my Maxima, then ride in my 'blind spot' gawking at my car. Sometimes they then fall in behind me and tail me till I turn off the road. I know they are just interested in my car, but having a car just pacing me in my blind spot makes it difficult to change lanes. They could stop by the dealer's lot and see half a dozen or more up really close. But then I suppose this is better than having a new car that I truly love, and have everyone ignore it.

As an aside, my hard-to-please wife notices something new every time she drives this 2016, and she is very impressed by such things as the wipers varying their speed and even alternating between intermittent and steady depending on how hard the rain is falling.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:35 AM

harrasing

i get harrassed by the hondas i smoke they want a rematch
Old 09-30-2015, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by monty0620
i get harrassed by the hondas i smoke they want a rematch
Old 09-30-2015, 03:20 PM

LOTH you're making me second guess looking at the SL. The platinum models are discounted on the dealer website pretty seriously which puts them at the SL sticker or better. I decided to wait after a dealer visit that went no where this summer, and now they have 0.9% for 36 and some 3-4k discounts. Still waiting for the right time, hopefully by end of october or november.