8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Brushes in The Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Brushes in The Car Wash

Am I the only one that is **** and won't take my car to a conventional car wash? I do it all by hand and the reason why is because u believe the brushes inside those places collect dirt small pebbles and dry onto them with soap which can potentially scratch or make swirls on your car.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:48 AM

You are right to do so. Especially with the paint on these Maximas, hand washing is the only way to go. You might could get away with an automatic car wash with a white car, but I wouldn't do it with any other color. Not to mention, if you've ever watched these guys at a car wash dry a car, they will wipe the insides of the door sills where dry dirt and dust accumulate, and then continue to wipe other parts of your car with the same rag. It's horrible. A hand wash and good quality microfiber drying towels are the only way to go.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:16 PM

I've had my car almost 4 months and have never taken it to a car wash. Only by hand and when dealer reapplies my Zaktek. Not about that scratched up, swirl marks everywhere life.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by realmac
I've had my car almost 4 months and have never taken it to a car wash. Only by hand and when dealer reapplies my Zaktek. Not about that scratched up, swirl marks everywhere life.
What'a Zaktek?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 AM

Yeah I agree I should have them apply that to mine as well. I hate driving on the freeway cause this paint chips so easily from little pebbles.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Those brushes don't need any help from dirt or rocks. They will scratch all by themselves.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:42 AM

Yeah I learned that the hard way with my old 07 Altima. It takes me about two hours to do everything inside and out. But the results after are well worth it.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by JSROOKS
Am I the only one that is **** and won't take my car to a conventional car wash? I do it all by hand and the reason why is because u believe the brushes inside those places collect dirt small pebbles and dry onto them with soap which can potentially scratch or make swirls on your car.
my friend, you are far from the only one to do this...for myself, I chose to do so because I personally love to clean and polish this awesome vehicle!
cheers,
willie
Old 10-25-2016, 07:17 AM

Well it is good to see I am not the only one
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jeeper31
What'a Zaktek?
Paint sealant protection package marked up by the dealer.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:56 PM

I would go to a car wash but not those automatic ones. Plus I take my own drying cloth, sponge etc. I never let them use any of their own cloths.