8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

NissanConnect vs. NissanConnect Services

Old 12-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thumbs down NissanConnect vs. NissanConnect Services

I see there is a NissanConnect app and a NissanConnect Services app. I am trying to figure out the differences between the two.

A Nissan Connect Services representative just told me that my 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum does NOT have NissanConnect, but it does have NissanConnect Services (even though the NissanConnect Services app is giving me and many other people an error right now that they are "fixing").

Could someone tell me if I am supposed to have NissanConnect with my Maxima Platinum and what the difference is between NissanConnect and NissanConnect Services?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:29 AM

Hey Sassy, these two links should provide you with the information your looking for.

http://www.nissanusa.com/connect
http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faq
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks, MAX828. I will review those links tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:37 AM

NissanConnect is a Mystery

Originally Posted by Sassy
I see there is a NissanConnect app and a NissanConnect Services app. I am trying to figure out the differences between the two.

A Nissan Connect Services representative just told me that my 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum does NOT have NissanConnect, but it does have NissanConnect Services (even though the NissanConnect Services app is giving me and many other people an error right now that they are "fixing").

Could someone tell me if I am supposed to have NissanConnect with my Maxima Platinum and what the difference is between NissanConnect and NissanConnect Services?

Thanks.
I could have written your post word-for-word. I have a new '17 SL. I know I certainly DO have NissanConnect (including Apple Car Play which I don't use) but Nissan tells me that based on my supplied VIN no., that I DO NOT have NissanConnect. I thought all '17 Maximas came with NissanConnect. What, then, is the Huge NissanConnect logo that pops up on my screen each time I start up the car? My dealer even tells me I have NissanConnect and used it as a selling point. I'm visiting the dealer this week to find out what system they sold me! I wonder what you have to order at time of purchase to get NissanConnect and then be able to use the extra NissanConnect Service from my Android app.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:56 PM

One thing I can tell you is there has been lots written about these subjects. I wouldn't waste my time getting all riled up about it. There is little benefit, it is hard to use, and it takes too much time to determine if there is really any value at all. At least that is my verdict for the 2016 version.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Nissan Connect Services

Hi All,

So i just bought the 2017 Platinum and they made sure I downloaded the Nissan Connect Services App. After 24 hours of whatever they do on their end it works. Comes with 6 months free and then you have to pay for different levels of the service. It lets you remote start the car lock and unlock it, Check the health status of the car and other things. Also it uses Satellite communication and AT&T wireless service. I was told by Nissan customer care that the car had to be in service for at least 2 to 3 hours for it to activate. I do not live where we have cell service in the mountains unless you have a personal cell tower. I have Sprint so i thought it would not work. Anyway its ll active and running and its pretty cool. You cannot start the car or use the features if the key is in it or within range of the car the apps will send you and email or text letting you know that. Hope that helps
Old 12-28-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by unreal2k1
Hi All,

So i just bought the 2017 Platinum and they made sure I downloaded the Nissan Connect Services App. After 24 hours of whatever they do on their end it works. Comes with 6 months free and then you have to pay for different levels of the service. It lets you remote start the car lock and unlock it, Check the health status of the car and other things. Also it uses Satellite communication and AT&T wireless service. I was told by Nissan customer care that the car had to be in service for at least 2 to 3 hours for it to activate. I do not live where we have cell service in the mountains unless you have a personal cell tower. I have Sprint so i thought it would not work. Anyway its ll active and running and its pretty cool. You cannot start the car or use the features if the key is in it or within range of the car the apps will send you and email or text letting you know that. Hope that helps
We appreciate your report. I will be curious on just how many of you signed up for this after the trial period expired. They wanted "silly money" per month to continue the service so I let it expire. Remote start over the internet seems to be un needed when you have it locallly off the remote .
Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is the Connect App only available on the Platinum trim? I have an SL, and trying to figure out the benefit of the app, and how to get it to work. The man interest I have, is some sort of reminder of where I've parked my car, and the ability to start the car without the key fob.Is this even possible?
Old 01-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Connect

the dealer set it up before I left the dealership. 6 months free trial. Up to 20 bucks thereafter depending on what option you choose.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 757Guy
Is the Connect App only available on the Platinum trim? I have an SL, and trying to figure out the benefit of the app, and how to get it to work. The man interest I have, is some sort of reminder of where I've parked my car, and the ability to start the car without the key fob.Is this even possible?
Yes it is possible to start the car without the key fob via the app and also lock and unlock it. Flash the lights and honk the horn and what not.

Search this Thread