8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2016 Maxima noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:01 PM

2016 Maxima noises

If you are hearing noises from the back end of any of your 2016 Maxima's, check all of the following items: Is your spare tire centered and screwed down tightly? Is the brake light hitting against the rear window? Are the rear speakers installed securely? Does the rear shelf need some foam padding to keep it from rattling? Does the rear side trim along the back windows need to be replaced because they are loose? If you still have some kind of noise, have your dealership take a look at the rear strut links. There is a nut that has been redesigned to fix an issue with links (no recall). All of these things needed to be done to my 2016 SR and we are finally noise free! Still LOVE my Maxima and my service department is amazing!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 PM

marysh, I thank you for sharing your experience in the resolution of the noise problems in our maximas. Regards
Old 01-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have been hearing clicking noises from the right front passenger side, they seem to arise at low speed and increase somewhat in frequency at a higher speed and they become more consistent/prominent while driving on the highway. I tried looking for anything loose on the right side, but nothing obvious. Dealer checked the suspensions and nothing wrong with that. I feel it is likely coming from inside but can't tell from where?
Old 01-28-2017, 04:01 PM

My sliding shade in the rear window vibrates bad when it is down. Very annoying. I need the dealer to fix it.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by marysh
If you are hearing noises from the back end of any of your 2016 Maxima's, check all of the following items: Is your spare tire centered and screwed down tightly? Is the brake light hitting against the rear window? Are the rear speakers installed securely? Does the rear shelf need some foam padding to keep it from rattling? Does the rear side trim along the back windows need to be replaced because they are loose? If you still have some kind of noise, have your dealership take a look at the rear strut links. There is a nut that has been redesigned to fix an issue with links (no recall). All of these things needed to be done to my 2016 SR and we are finally noise free! Still LOVE my Maxima and my service department is amazing!

Hi Marysh,

im here at the dealer now. Is it rear sway bar links or rear strut links?

thank you