8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Cold and stereo stubborn

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cold and stereo stubborn

Have 380 miles on my SL...love it!....our nights here got down to 0 the last couple nights and since then....the stereo loses all station pre program settings and phone settings every time i shut the car off.....anybody else?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:09 AM

Oof, I'd take it in, sounds like something is loose, and the temperature changes are causing the issue. I'm near Minneapolis -- we've had some seriously cold nights this winter, and I haven't had that happen on mine at all.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Baker
Have 380 miles on my SL...love it!....our nights here got down to 0 the last couple nights and since then....the stereo loses all station pre program settings and phone settings every time i shut the car off.....anybody else?
Sounds like the car battery is weak in that cold weather. I would check the water level in the battery cells. Nissan batteries always seem to be a little on the low side even from the factory.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you!.....taking it in Monday..even with a bad battery.....it's a wonderful machine
Old 01-08-2017, 06:48 PM

The early 7th generation OEM batteries were clearly too weak (around 550 cold cranking amps), and Nissan finally came out with a 700 CCA battery as a replacement. Even though I had not had trouble with my 550 CCA battery in my 7th gen, I replaced it with Nissan's 700 CCA battery as soon as it became available.

These 8th gen Maximas have even more electronics than the 7th gen, and when we add all the bells and whistles, these batteries on the 8th gen are supporting a lot of things. So far, I have had no indication of trouble with this 8th gen battery, but I do baby it. We had 15 degrees last night, but we don't have the kind of bitter cold here in middle Georgia that folks up north endure. If I lived up north, I would be looking for the best battery on the market.