8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Undercarriage Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM

Undercarriage Lighting

Has anyone replaced their undercarriage lighting with LEDs yet? Was wondering where you got them if you did and how it looks.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM

There are times I'd like to turn on the underside lighting when the car is running but that does not seem possible once the car is started.
You could run a seperate light string but that might cross the border on good taste if the add on lighting emits color and flashes.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
There are times I'd like to turn on the underside lighting when the car is running but that does not seem possible once the car is started.
You could run a seperate light string but that might cross the border on good taste if the add on lighting emits color and flashes.
Gotcha, but that's not what I'm asking. I was wondering if anyone has actually replaced the stock bulbs with brighter LED bulbs. That's even if they are available. I'm not looking for colored bulbs or finding a way to keep them on while driving. That's actually illegal.

Thanks for your response, though.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Good point Ed. For some reason I thought the lights were already LEDs. Perhaps someone has installed the lights and knows for sure.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Good point Ed. For some reason I thought the lights were already LEDs. Perhaps someone has installed the lights and knows for sure.
Well, you may be right about that. They may be LEDs already. I was wondering if anyone had tackled replacing them with brighter ones. I definitely don't want to go to the Dealer to have them open them up to tell me that they are, and then get charged for that. I guess I'll just run the car up on the ramps in my garage and see if I can check myself.

Now you've got me wondering if there are colored bulbs you can put in there. Some nice deep blue lights would look nice.

Hmmmm....
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM

they r leds already. just not as bright as I would like also