8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Vmotion 2.0 - Future Sedan Design

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:56 AM

Nissan Vmotion 2.0 - Future Sedan Design

Could this be the next Maxima ? Its only a concept vehicle but it certainly has
design themes of the current Maxima.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...onal-auto-show

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...to-show/photos

Enjoy !

Randy
Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 AM

Very interesting find, Randy. Now that Nissan has expressed their intent to move the generation span of the Maxima to around 7 years or so, I am not expecting the 9th gen Maxima before the 2022 or 2023 model year. I am not sure where this concept vehicle fits. Nissan would not use this radical update on the Altima, as this concept is going to be out of the Altima's price range. Had this design appeared around 2019, I would have felt it might well be the precursor of the 9th gen 2022 Maxima. As it is, I am mystified.

Of course there will be many changes before this vehicle is ready for production. As a starter, Nissan will not be building a four door passenger sedan with suicide (opening from the front) rear doors, which this vehicle has.

As it is, this concept is going to be a serious conversation piece here and elsewhere until we find out where Nissan is headed with this thing.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 AM

Could be the foundation of the next Max or could be a new Luxury Sedan all together.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 AM

It's the next Altima, in general.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:22 AM

I agree lightonthehill. The Video talks about this car being highly autonomous. I for one
like all the new tech stuff the 8th Gen has. But I don't know how I would like a fully
autonomous car. I am not sure I could trust everything would work. Anyway it certainly
makes for interesting reading. I guess the next thing I will be looking for would is the mid cycle update which should put it around 2019 -2020.

Randy
Old 01-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Interesting read, thanks for the link.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:14 PM

It's still a very early concept, but Road and Track potentially identifies it as a future Altima: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...oncept-altima/
Old 01-13-2017, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by tmokorn
It's still a very early concept, but Road and Track potentially identifies it as a future Altima: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...oncept-altima/
Road and Track is usually pretty good at guessing, but I still have some doubt, as the descriptions we are getting on this V-Motion car do not fit into the Altima price range. Remember that we can drive a base Altima off the lot for around $16,800. Of course the loaded 3.5 Altima tops $30K. If this is indeed the new Altima, we have to hope it is several years away from production, else Nissan is once again undercutting its flagship Maxima. If a new Maxima was just around the corner, this would not be a huge problem. But if Nissan releases this as the Altima within the next two years, yet holds to their plan to release the 9th gen Maxima around '22 or '23, the 8th gen Maxima will become a tough sell.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Road and Track is usually pretty good at guessing, but I still have some doubt, as the descriptions we are getting on this V-Motion car do not fit into the Altima price range. Remember that we can drive a base Altima off the lot for around $16,800. Of course the loaded 3.5 Altima tops $30K. If this is indeed the new Altima, we have to hope it is several years away from production, else Nissan is once again undercutting its flagship Maxima. If a new Maxima was just around the corner, this would not be a huge problem. But if Nissan releases this as the Altima within the next two years, yet holds to their plan to release the 9th gen Maxima around '22 or '23, the 8th gen Maxima will become a tough sell.
The Vmotion is clearly a very early concept and is years away... Let's not forget the Ellure concept which was inevitably the next Altima back in 2010 that went on sale in 2012

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...lure-concept/?
Old 01-15-2017, 11:15 AM

Love the look. I'd buy it today