8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Another newb

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Another newb

Hello everyone

Just picked up a white platinum last week. Been reading this forum for a while absorbing all the great info you guys have. This is the 8th car I have ever owned and just realized the first ever 4 door unless you count the crew max tundra I traded in for this. My only previous experience with Nissan was owning a 2003 Z350 which in 8 years it never saw a mechanic other than regular maintenance. It was because of this that when the wife needed a new car nissan was on the top of my list. Got her a 2017 Murano Platinum edition while I picked up the Maxima since my truck was used as a trade in for both.

I know it's been only a week since I brought them home but so far I'm very impressed with both vehicles.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by W8INLINE
Hello everyone

Just picked up a white platinum last week. Been reading this forum for a while absorbing all the great info you guys have. This is the 8th car I have ever owned and just realized the first ever 4 door unless you count the crew max tundra I traded in for this. My only previous experience with Nissan was owning a 2003 Z350 which in 8 years it never saw a mechanic other than regular maintenance. It was because of this that when the wife needed a new car nissan was on the top of my list. Got her a 2017 Murano Platinum edition while I picked up the Maxima since my truck was used as a trade in for both.

I know it's been only a week since I brought them home but so far I'm very impressed with both vehicles.

Thats funny, I also just recently got a White Maxima SR but it is for my wife. I'm getting this week a Black Murano Platinum for my self..lol I love the Maxima but a daily driver I rather have the comfort of the Murano which I found to be one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever driven, the seats wow!! I had an Audi A6 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to moving to Nissan. I hated the seats in the Cherokee, they killed my back. And no, I am not an old man lol just 40yrs old. Enjoy your new cars!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM

congrats enjoy and welcome.. iwent with the maxima - pathfinder combo lol

Last edited by chiefy; 01-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Maldo76
Thats funny, I also just recently got a White Maxima SR but it is for my wife. I'm getting this week a Black Murano Platinum for my self..lol I love the Maxima but a daily driver I rather have the comfort of the Murano which I found to be one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever driven, the seats wow!! I had an Audi A6 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to moving to Nissan. I hated the seats in the Cherokee, they killed my back. And no, I am not an old man lol just 40yrs old. Enjoy your new cars!

I agree with you on the comfort of the murano seats. The fact that the murano has heated rear seats is a big factor this suv is better suited for her since she drives the kids more than me during Canadian winters
Old 01-12-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Maldo76
There is something going on with the Maxima and Murano combination. I flew from TX to FL to get the Maxima and my brother got the Murano; two of the best cars out there IMO.
Welcome and Enjoy...
Old 01-13-2017, 02:52 AM

Just as info, Motor Week last summer chose the 2016 Maxima as its four door sports car of the year, and just last week announced that after testing and checking and driving the five most popular mid-sized SUVs, they chose the Murano as the best of all.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:46 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:24 AM

even the seats in the 17 pathfinder I feel like im sitting on my couch at home.. I listen to nfl radio in the car in the driveway lol