All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

7th gen swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 AM

7th gen swap

just have a few questions before i go out and buy the engine and tranny.

will 7th gen 3.5l fit in the 5th gen max? (2001 to be specific)

will a six speed(mt), or five speed(mt) tranny from a 5th gen bolt up no problem?

which is better to run? a 5mt or 6mt?

im in a 2001 3.0 5mt and looking for a bigger swap

sorry for the noob questions, just dont want to spend the money and find out its not going to fit.

thanks!!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:42 PM

https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...it-my-car.html

https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...edure-faq.html

Almost the same for the 5gen

https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...-6mt-swap.html

Last edited by nestorlugo; 02-23-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 PM

Yes it will. I just swapped a 2013 engine along with a 6 speed into my 4th gen. Same process for a 00-01 model.

6 speed has better gear ratios, but needs more modifications and more money overall to install.

Here is a majority of the information you will need for the engine swap. https://maxima.org/forums/all-motor/...-0-timing.html

I can also make you a set of cam adapters for this engine so you don't need to drill out the cams.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart

I can also make you a set of cam adapters for this engine so you don't need to drill out the cams.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

7th gen rwd conversion

Ok so I hate to be the guy that everyone points at and says "no stupid it can't be done" but creativity makes a man want things. With that being said I want to do a rwd conversion on my 7th gen.. I was thinking and researching and I looks to me like the only way this is happening is if I put in a custom transmission tunnel (which I would consider doing) my idea was to go with a 5.6 v8 vk56vd for the 400+hp and then tune it and who doesn't love a v8 rumble? But at the same time I might be able to get away with other engine options that can give me just as good of an amount of power for cheaper if I'm going to be putting a different tranny in anyways. I kind of want to leave it as an automatic (being that I have a manual Audi A4 b5) if I do go manual, would I be able to just hook up a manual Nissan/Infiniti tranny like the 06 and up 350z tranny to the vq I already have and then maybe an engine swap later? so it's just an idea that I want to get started on and get some opinions if you could please hold the bashing and put that effort into some brainstorming magic id greatly appreciate it. anything you guys think or know for sure I'll run into by trying to get this conversion done?
Old 04-28-2016, 08:10 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Rey.morel@hotmail.com
Ok so I hate to be the guy that everyone points at and says "no stupid it can't be done" but creativity makes a man want things. With that being said I want to do a rwd conversion on my 7th gen.. I was thinking and researching and I looks to me like the only way this is happening is if I put in a custom transmission tunnel (which I would consider doing) my idea was to go with a 5.6 v8 vk56vd for the 400+hp and then tune it and who doesn't love a v8 rumble? But at the same time I might be able to get away with other engine options that can give me just as good of an amount of power for cheaper if I'm going to be putting a different tranny in anyways. I kind of want to leave it as an automatic (being that I have a manual Audi A4 b5) if I do go manual, would I be able to just hook up a manual Nissan/Infiniti tranny like the 06 and up 350z tranny to the vq I already have and then maybe an engine swap later? so it's just an idea that I want to get started on and get some opinions if you could please hold the bashing and put that effort into some brainstorming magic id greatly appreciate it. anything you guys think or know for sure I'll run into by trying to get this conversion done?
I decided I wanted a VK56, so I got one.

But that idea there is going to be pricier than a gold Bugatti. Yeah
Old 04-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I decided I wanted a VK56, so I got one.

But that idea there is going to be pricier than a gold Bugatti. Yeah
You have a thread on your vk56 swap?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:45 AM
dot dot dot ...

Yup, not really a swap though ...

https://maxima.org/forums/other-cars/643154-ohai.html