Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maintenance, Tech, & Care > Audio and Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 09-28-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
Newbie - Just Registered

no sound coming from radio...

hi, this is my first post so if i do something wrong, sorry!

anyway, i have a 97 maxima without the bose system. I installed an aiwa cdc-x417 receiver that i took out from my old car. Called crutchfield and ordered the wiring harness and antenna adapter. After following the instructions and installing the receiver i tried playing the radio. There is no sound that comes out, FM or AM. There isnt even static that is coming from the speakers, and the display doesnt show sound either. I have no idea why it doesnt work. Playing a cd works perfectly so there's nothing wrong there.

I tried calling crutchfield, but it didnt help.

has anyone encountered this problem??
tisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 07:48 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to BeauBlanco
Interesting problem RARE. Do your radio stations scroll like a count down when searching for a station? I would double check your antenna connection, and then investigate if your tunner (radio section is shot) I've only seen that once before. Good luck
Performance-Stillin/Vortech Supercharger, 50 shot NOS wet, NOS tank heater, NOS electric bottle opener, Don's VB upgrade, full exhaust, Random Tech hi-flo cat, J&S engine mgt, Apexi fuel mgt, front strut bar, rear sway bar
Exterior-17" 2002 rims, Diamond cut bumper lights, Piaa headlight, carbon fiber door pillars (sleeper style)
Interior-Aluminum Dash kit, Levoc shifter, Levoc e-brake handle, Aluminum gauge bezel, Piaa extreme dome light, flip style NOS switch
Audio system-Pioneer AVHP640CD flip-out monitor w/ cd player, Pioneer AVIC DVD Navigation, Pioneer GEXFM903XM XM tunner, Pioneer AUDW6010 2nd monitor replaces rear view mirror w/ back up camera on quick release bracket, McIntosh MPM 4000 power meters, Boston Acoustics "Z" seperates, JL 12.5 Pro 12" sub in custom enclosure w/ stealth cover, JL 300/2 for fronts, JL 500/1 for the sub, K40 radar detector with custom lights in dash, speaker hidden in headlinner, Lightning Audio cap, Viper 550 ESP alarm, Window and sunroof roll-up modules, Remote start, Autocom alarm dial up attached to bottle heater to detonate upon theft. NOT a good idea to try to steal this ride!
BeauBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
Newbie - Just Registered

all the connections are tight...when i turn the radio on the antenna goes up but no sound and it doesnt lock on a station when i seek. The crutchfield guy says it could have something to do with the ground wire?!?!

the tuner should work because i just took it out of my old car and it was working perfectly...

with the antenna adapter, i plugged the 2-pin wire from the car into the adapter, and pluged the male connection to the headunit. There is also a female pin connection not being used, is that right???
tisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 08:13 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement