Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose CD-Changer Error

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Bose CD-Changer Error

Tried doing a search but all I could find are rants about the Nissan Radio instead of solutions so hopefully someone can help me out.

My BOSE 6-CD Changer refuses to load CD's all I get is a beep (when in radio mode) or when I press CD first and try to load all I get is a CD-ERROR F0.

My car has 16,000 miles but I no longer have warentee (100% sure, car is salvage so theres nothing I can do about it). I heard somewhere that a company in Cali refurbishes the head units. Im pretty happy with the head unit and dont wanna go after market so any helpful suggested would be greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend guys.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:37 AM

Update: Found a place in Florida (http://carstereohelp.net/) that has the symptom on their site and is willing to fix it for 275...not quite sure if I should invest 275.00 towards a stock radio that might break (minus the 1yr warentee they give)

Anyone know of other places that do this type of work?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

go aftermarket.. that's your best choice for now
Old 02-05-2005, 11:47 PM

Does anyone's cd changer skip when it is slightly cold, say 40 degrees outside. Sorry if I hijacked your thread.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:18 AM

Quoted this from the faq's:::::

Why does my stock Bose CD player stop playing cd's after a while?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are running the CD player with the A/C on 65 degrees fahrenheit constantly it will sometimes make your CD very cold. When you change the setting from Radio to CD the Bose won't read the cold CD. Solution. Just take out the cd and wait till its warm and then start playing it again.
I found out this after many hours of long road trips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Seoul Man

It is possible to get many of the problems with the Bose head unit fixed, but the cost is never worth it if you're out of warranty. Spend LESS money and get a BETTER aftermarket head unit, if you want the best bang for your buck.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 AM

(Correct me if I am wrong) It should be under warranty to 36,000 miles... If anything see if the people at the dealer are human enough to fix it for you. They usually replace the units with refurbs so I doubt they loose a whole lot from the pocket... Good luck and my buddy also has the same problem with his Bose in an 04 Alti.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Seoul Man

Originally Posted by jrod1014
(Correct me if I am wrong) It should be under warranty to 36,000 miles... If anything see if the people at the dealer are human enough to fix it for you. They usually replace the units with refurbs so I doubt they loose a whole lot from the pocket... Good luck and my buddy also has the same problem with his Bose in an 04 Alti.
Normally you're right, but his warranty doesn't apply, because his car has a salvage title. My car had a normal warranty up to 36k miles, but my Bose didn't die until 36,800 miles. I went to the dealership and showed them the Nissan TSB about the Bose, but they would not replace it under warranty.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea since, you dont have warranty, your best off with a aftermarket one, bose sucks,YOU DO NOT WANT TO INVEST IN BOSE. and its not quite reliable, my bose speaker fades in and out sometimes, and i know if i take it to the dealer, theyre just going to replace with anoter crappy bose. ive read about people taking their car to the dealer several times even after they replaced the HU a couple times.so im just waiting to get an aftermarket dvd/tv. dont waste your money on the bose, i guarantee it will break again, everyone in this org agrees. or you can get a non bose HU? not sure if that will work. unless you can fix it yourslef..but you wouldnt be posting if you chould.. well thats about all i can say to ya.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:32 PM

UPDATE: FIXED THE BOSE RADIO....HOW TO INCLUDED!!!!!

How To fix Bose Radio CD Error F0

1. Take knife and insert it from the top of the cd entrance pushing the flap down so it allows access to inside

2. Remove CD with tweezers

3. Insert flathead screwdriver

4. Just move it around with force (as much as you have)

5. Hit the radio really hard with your fist a few times

6. Radio now works 100% Perfect

I'm very serious. It works fine

Another .org fix someone post this in the how to's

(Not responsable for damage to your unit, consult dealer before you do the ogg fix)
Old 02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Seoul Man

Originally Posted by AdamK
UPDATE: FIXED THE BOSE RADIO....HOW TO INCLUDED!!!!!

How To fix Bose Radio CD Error F0

1. Take knife and insert it from the top of the cd entrance pushing the flap down so it allows access to inside

2. Remove CD with tweezers

3. Insert flathead screwdriver

4. Just move it around with force (as much as you have)

5. Hit the radio really hard with your fist a few times

6. Radio now works 100% Perfect

I'm very serious. It works fine

Another .org fix someone post this in the how to's

(Not responsable for damage to your unit, consult dealer before you do the ogg fix)

Man, don't listen! I just tried this and now my radio sounds like crap! I just checked the factory service manual, and it says you should NEVER put a screwdriver in your CD changer. It recommends using the Bose CD dislodger tool (available from any quality audio store) or a putty knife (the kind that you use to spread joint compound on drywall).
Old 02-07-2005, 07:58 PM

this is true, to get the cd out listen to the manual....but error is still there...to get the error to go away (if ur warrenty is already dead that it) try the screw driver method
Old 05-21-2007, 05:16 PM

My warranty company said they won't replace to unit cause it cost 1850 which is beyond insane for that piece of crap. So they're sending it to bose for repair, 3 weeks of silence and deep thought during my daily drive. Could a straw full of salt water in the CD slot be all it needs?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:31 PM

I have an 03, and it tells you not to put burned discs in it, that was the cause of my errors...... and besides, Bose does not make a headunit, it is based on speaker system and amp
Old 05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Actually You are corrected. Bose does in fact make a HU, just not the one found in Maximas.

Furthermore Nothing in the car is made by Bose. Its just a rebadged setup for marketing purposes. Bose actually has very little to do with it.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have that same problem, replacing Bose with Eclipse HU. Had a left speaker cutout problem before this, gave up on Bose right about that time.