Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose unit cuts in and out prior to Aftermarket install

Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 PM

Bose unit cuts in and out prior to Aftermarket install

Wassup guys, ok first a little background... I have a 2000 Infiniti I30 w/stock bose headunit speakers and amps. I added a line out converter with a nissan reverse harness and regular harness at the respective ends of the line out converter. I guess the only reason i went with this type of line out converter is because i wanted to overcomplicate the install. I bought the Line out converter from Best Buy (where i work and have used them in various cars). The converter has speaker and power connections just like a regular harness, but at the out put end it has a two pair of RCAs. After wiring everything up, the new subs and amp and bose amp and speakers and headunit all seemed to be working well together. Initially, i wired up the REM (for the Rockford Fosgate amp connected to two 12" P2 subs) straight to the factory REM for the bose amplifier. At first all was well, but then i started to drive the car, each time i accelerated above 2.5k-3k RPMs, the bose speakers and everything would cut out. Therefore, i put a 12V 30 amp relay and used the REM from the headunit to trigger when the new REM should get power from the accessory. The relay was great but it also clicked excessively when i accelerated under heavy load to the alternator. Therefore i just said screw it, i'll connect the REM straight to the Accessory and all is well, but the same problem of the bose amp cutting in and out under acceleration is still present. Why is it that even AFTER i disconnected it, i still have the same problem of the amp cutting in and out?

I have Maxima HIDs, a Viper791xv and the RF amp and P2 subs connected to a brand new bosch alternator and Optima Yellow top battery I don't believe that my car itself isn't cranking out enough juice. The new battery and alternator should result in pretty good power across the car....What gives? Why is the bose system cutting in and out under load? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to connect the REM for the stock bose without going through the line out converter. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:39 PM

BUMP

Sup guys just trying to figure out whats up with my system! PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Suspension Yoda

Turn everything back to stock and post a reply in the morning.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Might be your HU itself

It might not be your installation. 5th Gen Bose Head UNits are screwed up. Check out the posts in that forum, there are a number of owners complaining about the Bose HU cutting out sound from the left speaker only in CD mode. I'm a victim of this, and everything is stock.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just found the link to it...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=189182