Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Pleading for Help...

Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 AM

Need HELP With System!!!

My single-disc in my Max just so happened to go out about 8 months ago. It was winter and one day it just wouldnt eject the cd out. I would have to turn the car off wait about 5 minutes and then turn it back on for it to play... If I would press eject it would make a clicking noise and then switch to the radio. I would then press the 'CD' button and nothing would happen, it stayed on the radio. I ended up having to use a knife to get it out.

I am really at the point now where I'm totally aggravated because I just got back in the country so I have a little time to get it fixed, but since I'm out of warranty I have to pay out the *** to get it replaced... This isn't a problem but I will get the same single-disc player which I dont want... I wanted to upgrade to the 6-disc in dash system but from what I have heard it's an IMPOSSIBLE FEAT. I dont' really want to go aftermarket unless I could get a 6-disc in the dash and the look of the console remains looking like stock and I just replace the console plate. I would rather have everything operating through the stock screen ya know.

My Questions are these:

.::. Are there any aftermarket in dash 6-disc players our Maxes would support without compromising the stock look even though I have single disc?

.::. Is it true what I was told about getting an OEM 6-disc player and replacing my single disc with it? If not true, then what necessary components would I need to do so?

.::.What are comparable replacements for the speakers in an 04 non-Bose Max (I have a busted woofer and rear speaker that needs to be replaced) & where could I go online to order some?

I'm really new to anything audio, and any and every bit of advice would be considered and much appreciated. Thanks.

PT

Last edited by Propa Teknique; 06-21-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
My single-disc in my Max just so happened to go out about 8 months ago. It was winter and one day it just wouldnt eject the cd out. I would have to turn the car off wait about 5 minutes and then turn it back on for it to play... If I would press eject it would make a clicking noise and then switch to the radio. I would then press the 'CD' button and nothing would happen, it stayed on the radio. I ended up having to use a knife to get it out.

I am really at the point now where I'm totally aggravated because I just got back in the country so I have a little time to get it fixed, but since I'm out of warranty I have to pay out the *** to get it replaced... This isn't a problem but I will get the same single-disc player which I dont want... I wanted to upgrade to the 6-disc in dash system but from what I have heard it's an IMPOSSIBLE FEAT. I dont' really want to go aftermarket unless I could get a 6-disc in the dash and the look of the console remains looking like stock and I just replace the console plate. I would rather have everything operating through the stock screen ya know.

My Questions are these:

.::. Are there any aftermarket in dash 6-disc players our Maxes would support without compromising the stock look even though I have single disc?

Don't know of any after market ones that will work.

.::. Is it true what I was told about getting an OEM 6-disc player and replacing my single disc with it? If not true, then what necessary components would I need to do so?

yes true. I believe there is an oem 6 disc in dash player from the pathfinder that will work. Search for more on this.
::.What are comparable replacements for the speakers in an 04 non-Bose Max (I have a busted woofer and rear speaker that needs to be replaced) & where could I go online to order some?

I'm really new to anything audio, and any and every bit of advice would be considered and much appreciated. Thanks.

PT
There is a place in florida that will repair your cd player and other other problem it has, they will also give you a 1 year warranty on their work. Down fall is you have to ship your radio out to them and wait to get it back.