Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need help w/ negative battery terminal..Ground

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Need help w/ negative battery terminal..Ground

Need help w/ negative battery.. I am planning on just making grounds using 4 GAUGE wire. However, I noticed a lot of the terminals offers different sizing into one.

Do they sell any particular ones that provide a few connectors for 4 gauge?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Suspension Yoda

Plenty.

Take your pick...
http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster...ry%20Terminals
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...nal&category0=

Last edited by djfrestyl; 06-26-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:32 AM

hey man. I have a couple suggestions for you. If you have a system at all, you are drawing more current most likely than should be going through the 4 gauge wire. Stock is only 6 gauge, and thats just ok at best. To be honest, if you are doing it, go for 2 gauge wire for the chassis grounds. 2 Gauge is good if you have like a 1000 watt system and dont always have it as loud as possible. Anything over 1000 watts, i would do 1/0 or 0/1 gauge wire. Make sure to replace the stock grounds first too, when you leave the stock wires, you are leaving another path for the electricity to flow and well, if its smaller it could be detrimental. I would also add more chassis grounds too after the stock ones are replaced. This is what i was planning to do when i get around to it.

I too was looking for well priced batt terminals and i came across these dirt cheap, gold plated terminals from partsexpress.com

P3 Positive Terminal

P3 Negative Terminal

Now, my positive one fit perfectly on my terminal, but the negative one was a bit loose. Wel i solved that issue by hitting the ring with a hammer and it made it a snug fit. I suppose this was a hit or miss type thing, the battery terminal just may have been smaller, but for 5 bux, it was well worth it. The positive terminal fits all the necessary wiring and for me and my 4 gauge monster cable amp wire. I put that in 4 gauge slot and the stock neg wire in the 1/0 gauge slot.

One last thing. While you are at it, upgrade the positive wiring as well. The positive wiring to the alternator and starter are pretty small and in alot of cases, causes issues. I dont know what year you have and if its a 96-99 it would be wise. I have starter issues, i ate 2 starters in 4 years or so and my alternator is going. This is also part of the big 3 upgrade (battery, grounds/positive, and alternator).