Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Can remote start be done on a 09 Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Can remote start be done on a 09 Maxima?

Has anyone installed or has had a Remote Start Alarm system installed on the new 2009 Nissan Maxima with the Push Button Start Key fob. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
tastey wheat

Originally Posted by choice89
Has anyone installed or has had a Remote Start Alarm system installed on the new 2009 Nissan Maxima with the Push Button Start Key fob. Any help would be appreciated.
yes, and Id highly suggest you take it to a shop. The average person can barely do a standard install, let alone a push to start.. especially if you're using a keyless bypass.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:50 AM

OK so someone has had it installed, but I wanted more info pertaining to what type of modules were used, what the wiring diagram is? That kind of info...I was sure someone had it done by now, but the shops in my area are stuck in the stoneages (I Live in Warrensburg MO) and they are all saying that they have not made the proper interfaces to work with the new 09 Maxima. I would like some reference material so I can possibly steer the install guys in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 AM
tastey wheat

did they use an 1101T or an xk07 (noy key required)?

and what problems are you having?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM

I don't know who or what anyone is using, I have not attempted to install anything on my new 09 MAX, I just wanted to know if it had been done and if anyone could give me some direction, some information on how It was done. I want to be able to tell the local shop there is some reference information and that it has been done.

I think I just might have to be paitient and wait until more solid information comes out on the new max, solid wiring diagrams, correct module interface info, all that stuff. I want it done, but I want it done right, not a hack job on my 36K car!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

The other thread is for info only, not discussion.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by choice89
I don't know who or what anyone is using, I have not attempted to install anything on my new 09 MAX, I just wanted to know if it had been done and if anyone could give me some direction, some information on how It was done. I want to be able to tell the local shop there is some reference information and that it has been done.

I think I just might have to be paitient and wait until more solid information comes out on the new max, solid wiring diagrams, correct module interface info, all that stuff. I want it done, but I want it done right, not a hack job on my 36K car!
I do not quite understand what information you are looking for. There is plenty of 'solid' information available for this vehicle. If the dealer says otherwise, then shop around some more since it would be quite apparent they do Not know what theyre doing.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 PM

I have not been able to find any information pertaining to the "2009" Nissan Maxima Sport/Tech Pkg with push start keylees option from OEM. I have even called install shops in St. Louis and Kansas and they all say that DEI has not made a specific interface module to work with the new MAX.

One of the shops did say that he was going to Las Vegas in about two weeks for the annual electronic audio alarm convention and would probable have more info pertaining to the new MAX setup. But until then I would have to be paitient and wait until then.

DOES ANYBODY HERE IN THIS FORUM HAVE ANY INFO FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A REMOTE START ALARM SYSTEM IN THE 2009 MAXIMA!!?????

WIRING?

COLOR CODES?

INTERFACE?

We are expecting our first freeze on Monday evening and it does not look like it will be going back up anytime soon...

Thanks ahead of time for any assitance.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 PM

As a consumer there is no need for you to do the work of finding the information. That is the dealers job. If they claim to not have the info then continue searching. It IS available. However if I provided you with it, what could would that be?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM

I can understand as a consumer I don't have to look for or provide information to any installation shop that should be knowlegable of installing these types of systems.

But you don't realize my frustration of living in the middle of no where and not having any resources available that can make things happen. I am not used to being in this type of setting and not knowing any information. My main reason for wanting to know is that I can tell the shop in my area that it can be done, and this is how you do it.

You say if they don't have the info then continue searching....well I am searching and this should be the perfect forum to do so, someone somewhere out there lives in an area with more capable and knowlegable personnell and shops that have made it happen already and I want to know how they did it is all, so if you have info provide it if not then I will just have to wait for the next person who does......
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM

How bout you tell me where you are and I will check who I may have contact with in that area. Yes I realize it says your location in your profile, but a larger city would help a bit.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 PM

He meant keep searching for other shops to do your install, who have up-to-date information/schematics as well as qualified installers.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Beat me to it.

Its 3pm...dont you have some german cars to go work on?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Kansas City is an about an Hour at best away and St. Louis is 3 1/2 hours away from my location. I have tried the major install shops in Lee Summitt (30 minutes), Independence (45 minutes) Sedalia (30) minutes and a few in the Kansas City area. All say that it is not possible yet without the proper wiring diagram or interface module and they all have not had a chance to work on the 09 Max as of yet. Like I said before I will just have to be paitient and I am sure it will be figured out soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Yes, be patient. Nobody here is trying to **** you off, but we would rather tell you to go to a better shop than come back posting how your car got fukced up. I'm a professional installer and haven't done one yet either, but would still gladly take it on, so apparently these shops in MO turn down business either because of fear or lack of intelligence
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 PM

Well talked to my local installer today and maybe some good news. They said that they spoke with the DEI rep and they informed me that they will have updated modules and interfaces at the SEMA show which is this weekend 4 Nov - 7 Nov 08. He said more than likely they should have a solution for the 09 setup and firmaware, so I guess I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and I possibly will have the Remote Start Alarm option installed on my 09 Max baby soon!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
blah

I feel your pain of having post 1900's technology in the middle of no where. I was in turkanock, pa (poconos) a month ago and I had a really difficult time finding battery charger since I forgot mine and my battery was going dead for my cannon. I went to a couple of places kmart, radioshak, and sears. And none of them had ANY cameras or knew what a battery powered camera was. They were all like "you need to go to one of those mall places like an hour down the road".

If you really need remote start that bad you are more than welcome to trade with me. Mine is a tad bit older and couple of more miles on it but it remote starts like a dream.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Well....the SEMA show came and went and DEI nor any other shop has come out with a solution or updated modules for the 2009 Nissan Maxima. This sucks because currently it is 26 degress outside and the cold leather seats really really suck when I get off of work in the morning and go home. Granted I have the seat warmer with the cold package but it takes about a good 10 minutes before they are really warmed up hmmmmmmmmm that sounds like another good reason to have remote start warrrrrrrrrm seats!!!!

I guess I will have to go back to being paitient I am sure somewhere..... someone...out there is working on a solution/module/interface for the sweet 2009 Max... :-(
Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 PM

Ugh, now you are just making me feel bad. Either your dealers are living in a cave or they just dont want to do it. Tell them to use a DLPK or if they have access a Fortin CAN-SL2.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:45 PM

You are the man thank you.....I am going to take this info and run with it. This is the first inforamtion for any module that I have found on the internet that refferences the 2009 Nissan Maxima, I will let these cavemen in my area know that there is a way and you have provided it to me sweeeeet!!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
tastey wheat

lol
Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 PM

SWEEEEET I have a scheduled install date Thursday, ordered the module and the shop has all the wire coding and information, ready to go!!!! Can't wait, no more cold seats!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM

Which shop?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

door lock wires?

okay so all of you out there that have done remote starts... anyone installed a security/keyless as well? Where are the lock/unlock wires. Locations from 4 different tech (including fortin) point to what ends up being empty slots in the plug at the bcm. We found them in the doors, how fun, just trying to avoid the time consuming task of going through the molex plugs.

Last edited by gb1983; 11-22-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 PM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up guys,
Finally got my remote start VIPER 5901 Security alarm system hooked up this weekend on my new 09 MAX!!!!!!! I took it to Creative Auto Sounds in Sedalia MO and they did an awesome job. They ended up using an IDATA module as the interface and was able to get most of the options I wanted installed.

The remote start works very smooth and does everything except being able to turn on the rear window defrost, they weren't able to find the correct wire to tap into for that option, but something they were going to keep researching so they could hook it up at a later date. They had a hard time finding all the right tech information and did not want to probe aimlessly and possibly fry the computer in the vehicle.

They were able to hook into the window up and down option and it's flawless. The last option I had installed was the tilt feature due to the new rims I purchased for my max.

The only issue I had is that on the way home (35 miles) I realized that my cruise control did not work....very frustrating when I am driving such distances and my service engine light came on which was odd because I only have 2300 miles on her. I am assuming this came on because the cruise control was disabled somehow. I called the shop and they immediately reassured me that they were going to fix it as sson as I could bring it back to them which will tomorrown morning.

So I wll update as to when it is completely bug free, but if you have any advice or info please let me know so I can pass on the knowledge, other than that I am very hapy that I can get into my car and it not be freezing but in fact VERY Warm and cozy!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Bug FREE!!!

YES!!!! I went back to the install shop this morning and they got all the bugs fixed in my new VIPER 5901 Remote Start Alarm System. Cruise Control is fixed no more Check engine lights all is good to go on the install. I can remote start from a pretty good range, open and close my two front windows and recieve feedback on the two way remote. They still did not have enough information to do the Rear window defrost auxiallry option, but I can live without it for now. They said they needed a little more time and research to find the correct wire when more tech comes out, but that is just a minor thing at this point!!!!

Thanks for your help guys, now I can put to rest the search for the Remote Start for the 09 Max!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Which shop?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:05 AM

The shop was Creative Auto Sounds in Sedalia Missouri, and they did a great job, very professional and quick to fix any issues!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

How much did your remote start cost for the 09 Max?

tx,
nick
Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Well it was a little pricey, I got all the bells and whistles and the top of the line VIPER 5901 system installed, mind you the 7901 is coming out in January. All in all with the Remote Start, Full Alarm, Tilt Sensor, Roll up and Down window, proximity sensor plus full install it was $800 smackers.

But you get what you pay for and this shop warranties all their work, will fix all issues and keeps the install very clean.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Does the key sensing still work with the VIPER alarm?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 AM

I'm lookin into remote start also, but wondering what happens when i want to lock it....do i have to use the viper or can i still jst press the button on the door handle...
Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 AM

Is there a wiring diagram available for the 2009 yet? I have been searching and cannot find one.

I am thinking about adding some puddle lamps and would need to find out how to get the distance information about how far away the smart key is. I am hoping it is recognized before you get in the unlock zone so that I could make the lights turn on before you are already next to the car, standing in a puddle. I have a feeling this might be fed directly to the computer from the wireless receiver and not really go through the wiring harness so a diagram as detailed as possible would be good; any data sheets on the computer or other electronic components would be awesome to have as well. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://www.bypasskit.com/manuals/144...0_D02_S_EN.pdf i found this wiring hope it helps