Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maintenance, Tech, & Care > Audio and Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #1

Points: 7,287, Level: 56 Points: 7,287, Level: 56 Points: 7,287, Level: 56
Activity: 2.1%
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Double din in dash

just wanted to mak sure i was good, can any double din fit into 02 maximas(up to 7in). cause im looking around on on crutchfield and i found a nice clarion screen but it says i wont fit, my guess is that all would fit as long as they are 7in and down. am i correct or not? thanks
sergey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #2

Points: 2,869, Level: 32 Points: 2,869, Level: 32 Points: 2,869, Level: 32
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Well, this has been answered before, but I believe the biggest you can go is 7". Are you planning on using the GXE trim kit or some aftermarket trim?

I myself went with the Pioneer Avic-x930bt, and the GXE trim kit. My only problem, is trying to get it to fit nicely within my dash. There are some gaps, and I am hoping THIS KIT will help. Anyone have any other suggestions?
junepei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #3

Points: 7,287, Level: 56 Points: 7,287, Level: 56 Points: 7,287, Level: 56
Activity: 2.1%
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
no i dont want nothing bigger than a 7in just when i hit up crutchfield it only gives a few options and i want another unit that they say it wont fit. i though as long as its 7iin or smaller im good, just want to confirm before i buy one.
sergey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #4

Points: 2,613, Level: 31 Points: 2,613, Level: 31 Points: 2,613, Level: 31
I'ev had a couple diff Double dins.. the dash kit can b filed to fit a bigger screen if u do it right.. Or u can just fiberglass a dash kit if u wanna spend da $$.. Some of the double din screens have that ODD screen outline that tends to get in the way...
Hillsboromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Newbie - Just Registered

Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6 Points: 334, Level: 6
Activity: 2.8%
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
romeo.delshad DONPhantasmo THERomeo
I trust Crutchfield. And if it says something doesn't fit, it doesn't.

I got a nice Alpine unit for my Titan, and it didn't fit. It should fit, I have a HUGE double din (in the titan) but, Crutchfield said it wouldn't fit. Guess what, it didn't fit because the depth of the unit plus the wires were too much to fit.
So, with that being said, trust what they tell you. If it says it doesn't fit, 95% of the time they're right. You can probably do something to make it fit, but you might not get a clean "stock" look. Go with something else...
donphantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #6

Points: 2,613, Level: 31 Points: 2,613, Level: 31 Points: 2,613, Level: 31
I have had 3 diff kits.. have had 2 double dins & 1flipout tv wit da cd player under it.. Crutchfield might say it don't fit but they also said they don't make a double din kit for the Maxima.. Don't believe everything you hear.. RESEACH what u want to do to your car then decide if its worth it..
Hillsboromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement