Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Fuse For Audio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fuse For Audio Problems

Now I don't have any type of modded audio system for my maxima, it is all stock. But ever since August my audio fuse started to mess around with me. The car sits outside also and never had this problem when it sat in the garage till now which it sits outside. But anyway... The fuse problem only happens in the morning and continues to have it till I move the fuse around. Once I move it up right or left the audio starts to work again. So I guess that means the fuse is good. But then again it stops working this morning. Now I spent 10 minutes trying to get it to work but was running out of time so I just went to school. This is bothering me since I am never in my car without my music unless I want to relax. So could I need a new fuse, fuse box, circuit? Please help. Thanks
Old 11-25-2014, 12:41 AM

It sounds like the fuse just isn't making good contact with the fuse box. You could try taking a small slot screwdriver and (with the battery disconnected) bending the metal contacts in the fuse box so that they would make better contact with the fuse. Otherwise you could maybe get an inline fuse holder wired in just for that particular fuse if its the only one giving you problems