Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

2005 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2005 Maxima

Good morning all!

This is my first post. I have a 2005 Maxima with two problems. First is the battery is draining if the car is not started every day. I utilized the voltage drop method to find current flow when the car is off. The only fuse (believe it or not) that has current flow in the full off (key out) condition is the battery saver circuit. What are the ramifications of pulling that fuse?

Secondly, after changing the battery a few months ago the driver side seat motors don't work at all. I can hear the relays clicking but there is no movement in any direction. Most of what I've read pertains only to back and forth failing but nothing works i.e. recline, up/down or back and forward.

thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm really kind of surprised that no one has any guidance regarding the battery save circuit. What are the ramifications on pulling the fuse? I have tested every circuit in the care and it is the only one that is drawing current when the car is completely off / keys out of the ignition.

I could really use some help with this.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 PM

how much current is it pulling? I never had an issue with my old 06 max and battery drain. Is the electrical in the car still OEM?