Buyer/Seller Feedback Give feedback on buyer and seller that you have had a transaction with.

Maxfever1987, Inquired about a catback bought a car!

Old 08-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Maxfever1987, Inquired about a catback bought a car!

Originally asked if he had a catback for my 99se that had a badly rusted exhaust (sounded like a racecar) as I was getting tired of constantly inhaling fumes. During my purchase I told him that my current garage wanted some serious cash to install a new exhaust and he said he could get it done on the cheap. After some convo, he let me know that he was trying to sell a 97se as I was looking into buying a car.

It was my first time buying from a private owner and he answered all my questions and worked with me in every way possible. The car was as advertised and he ended up putting its exhaust on my 99se and the greddy I bought from him onto the 97se.
There were minor problems with the car, all of which were disclosed prior to the sale and explained to be minor. The problems that were on the car were as such (with solutions listed):
1. weird engine stutter with hard acceleration: fixed with new NGK spark plugs (old ones were gapped at .060 due to wear) cleaned MAF sensor and new air filter
2. trunk key cylinder loose: fixed by finding the clip and putting it back on
3. ignition switch "slop": fixed by purchasing and installing new ignition switch
4. all different tires with different brands and wear (2 new): will be fixed with new tires and hopefully will have 2 new full size spares once I find some rims to mount them to
5. no key fob: will program the fobs I just recieved today
6. radio volume **** doesnt work : will remove and fix or just blast with compressed air
7. tachometer needle goes crazy: will replace during led install
8. fluids will be flushed and added

These were all disclosed prior to the sale and I was told that they were minor (or obvious) fixes that needed to be done.
nowhere during any encounter or inquiry was there ever anything that was lied about or misrepresented in any way. In fact, every time I contacted Umair he responded extremely quickly to answer my questions. I still call him to discuss the car and parts I may need as he literally knows everything about these max's. As I just bought the car ~16 days ago I'm still finishing up my tune up (see 4,5,6,7,8) but I have no doubt that I will continue to buy more parts from Umair in the future.
I cannot say enough about him as a seller and encourage anybody who is reading this to definitely purchase from him. The car runs amazingly well and I am extremely happy to have purchased it!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maxfever1987 is an excellent seller. Purchased some headers from him a while back and he was very informative and always kept in contact!