Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Bad Dealership Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:40 AM

Avoid Gwinnett Place Nissan in the greater Atlanta Metro area in Georgia. I had to get a lawyer in order for them to honor the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned warrantee that I purchase with my vehicle. They said that they would meet me half way and give me a discount on another warrantee before I threatened them with my lawyer for them to give me the warrantee I had purchased. They state that the paperwork had been "lost" and that they had just found it. Keep away!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 PM

A few months ago I bought a car from a company that had nearly 300,000 miles on it for $5,000, and this was before I had any knowledge about cars and such since this was my first car and I was too excited about driving to care about the actual car... which was a huge mistake. But I bought the car, and the person who sold me the car must have feel sorry for me because it was almost too easy to scam me, and told me that if the car broke anytime during 2007, I can bring it in to get it fixed for free and he would replace everything in the engine and such before handing over the keys... and I actually believed him.

And looking back I realized that I had bought the crappiest car on the planet and it was nearly $4,500 over the actual value. The outside of the car had oxidized paint spots, and the rims had dirt built on them so hard, a pressure washer couldn't get them clean, and don't even get me started on the inside... which had SERIOUS stains on the seats and some strange crusty stuff on the steering wheel and stuff (its not what you think) but I manned up, and cleaned the car inside and out, I waxed the hell out of it, and the fading paint that was oxidizing started to look darker and polished. The inside was restored, and the seats had brand new seat covers, the rims took 3 hours of scrubbing but they look nearly new, and the trunk was cleaned which was the WORST part of it all.

All in all, 2-weeks of constant cleaning after school and during the weekends, restored that car to its former almost-glory. But the part that made my blood boil the most was that as soon as my work was done the car started to stall while driving and not start. And this happened only after about one month of me owning the car, so I decided to wait for the weekend to bring it up to the dealership, but before that could happen my car died while I was on a 45 MPH road and there were not any emergency lanes so I ended up being stuck there while the cars all backed up, I tried for nearly half an hour to start the car but after a while the car started to sound weaker and weaker, which I believe was the battery wearing down or the alternator, or the starter itself. But my car got towed to the guy and there it stayed for another 2-weeks... then I got a phone call saying that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my car and that the battery was just drained and so he said he "replaced" it with a brand new one. I was reluctant taking it back, but I did anyway. After 1 week, it wouldn't start again, so I was getting really mad at this point and had to pay for another tow truck to tow my car again. 3 weeks and a half later, he called me saying everything is now fixed and he is positive, and that he would give that car confidently to even his own brother. 4 weeks later, it broke again... and I admit this time I was ready to shoot the guy, so I decided not to call the tow truck since this time it wouldn't start in my own drive way so I opened the hood and got my hands dirty, after about 3 days of constantly guessing and checking my fixes it started and I drove the car down to the guy and demanded my money back. He wouldn't give it back and this guy was related to my brother-in-law for God's sake, so I said "You won't give me my money back" and he said "Thats correct" and I just left the car there and threw the key on the ground and left in the following car. Needless to say, I finally got my brother-in-law to convince him to give my money back, and what I got was........ only $4,000 out of the $5,000 I spent on that load of crap.

A week months later I realized that thanks to my HARD WORK he sold it to another victim for a higher price, and I was pissed beyond reason. But thanks to that $4,000 dollars I bought a 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE and it had only 110,000 miles on it and so many... many! months later and one oil change under the belt here I am.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
A few months ago I bought a car from a company that had nearly 300,000 miles on it for $5,000, and this was before I had any knowledge about cars and such since this was my first car and I was too excited about driving to care about the actual car... which was a huge mistake. But I bought the car, and the person who sold me the car must have feel sorry for me because it was almost too easy to scam me, and told me that if the car broke anytime during 2007, I can bring it in to get it fixed for free and he would replace everything in the engine and such before handing over the keys... and I actually believed him.

And looking back I realized that I had bought the crappiest car on the planet and it was nearly $4,500 over the actual value. The outside of the car had oxidized paint spots, and the rims had dirt built on them so hard, a pressure washer couldn't get them clean, and don't even get me started on the inside... which had SERIOUS stains on the seats and some strange crusty stuff on the steering wheel and stuff (its not what you think) but I manned up, and cleaned the car inside and out, I waxed the hell out of it, and the fading paint that was oxidizing started to look darker and polished. The inside was restored, and the seats had brand new seat covers, the rims took 3 hours of scrubbing but they look nearly new, and the trunk was cleaned which was the WORST part of it all.

All in all, 2-weeks of constant cleaning after school and during the weekends, restored that car to its former almost-glory. But the part that made my blood boil the most was that as soon as my work was done the car started to stall while driving and not start. And this happened only after about one month of me owning the car, so I decided to wait for the weekend to bring it up to the dealership, but before that could happen my car died while I was on a 45 MPH road and there were not any emergency lanes so I ended up being stuck there while the cars all backed up, I tried for nearly half an hour to start the car but after a while the car started to sound weaker and weaker, which I believe was the battery wearing down or the alternator, or the starter itself. But my car got towed to the guy and there it stayed for another 2-weeks... then I got a phone call saying that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my car and that the battery was just drained and so he said he "replaced" it with a brand new one. I was reluctant taking it back, but I did anyway. After 1 week, it wouldn't start again, so I was getting really mad at this point and had to pay for another tow truck to tow my car again. 3 weeks and a half later, he called me saying everything is now fixed and he is positive, and that he would give that car confidently to even his own brother. 4 weeks later, it broke again... and I admit this time I was ready to shoot the guy, so I decided not to call the tow truck since this time it wouldn't start in my own drive way so I opened the hood and got my hands dirty, after about 3 days of constantly guessing and checking my fixes it started and I drove the car down to the guy and demanded my money back. He wouldn't give it back and this guy was related to my brother-in-law for God's sake, so I said "You won't give me my money back" and he said "Thats correct" and I just left the car there and threw the key on the ground and left in the following car. Needless to say, I finally got my brother-in-law to convince him to give my money back, and what I got was........ only $4,000 out of the $5,000 I spent on that load of crap.

A week months later I realized that thanks to my HARD WORK he sold it to another victim for a higher price, and I was pissed beyond reason. But thanks to that $4,000 dollars I bought a 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE and it had only 110,000 miles on it and so many... many! months later and one oil change under the belt here I am.

Now I dont feel as bad as i did when i bought a '99 dodge stratus for 11k @ a whopping 17% interest rate.Then again i was young and didnt know about these things either.What kind of car was it?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM

It was a 1990 Volvo 240Z haha
Old 02-08-2009, 01:41 PM

bad service

Never go to paul coffey nissan in kitchener,ont.Some part time ******* sprayed my rims with something that made my chrome all spotted!! They took it to a bmw shop to buff up rims cost about $375 looked good for awhile but then spots came back about a month later.The service guy goes to get my car,which i was told was all fixed and ready for pick-up,and when he pulls up the car is chugging like crazy.It has NEVER done that before,i tell him he owes me a rental till mine is fixed.Yeah a fukin versa,nice rental.Anyways i get a call about 2-3 days later and told my MAF is done gonna cost me almost 1000.00 to fix!!!!! Long story short i wanted my car back so i paid,got him to knock off cple hundred bucks.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by maxTed out
Never go to paul coffey nissan in kitchener,ont.Some part time ******* sprayed my rims with something that made my chrome all spotted!! They took it to a bmw shop to buff up rims cost about $375 looked good for awhile but then spots came back about a month later.The service guy goes to get my car,which i was told was all fixed and ready for pick-up,and when he pulls up the car is chugging like crazy.It has NEVER done that before,i tell him he owes me a rental till mine is fixed.Yeah a fukin versa,nice rental.Anyways i get a call about 2-3 days later and told my MAF is done gonna cost me almost 1000.00 to fix!!!!! Long story short i wanted my car back so i paid,got him to knock off cple hundred bucks.
MAF+ anyone here on the org= 100 bucks/10 minutes or less. You got raped in the A** and you shouldnt have paid without a fight.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 AM

Thats the reason i finally joined maxima.org....too vent my frustration.Anyways hard lesson learned.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 AM
wxm

I went from venting frustration to DIY.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 AM

AVOID Ken Pollack Nissan, Wilkes-Barre, PA

Ken Pollack Nissan ripped me off and eventually made right - but I had to fight for it. The total money value with THEM was $31.80 so I won't ask anyone to feel sorry for me, but read on if you want the whole story.

I messed up my radio wiring (harness IN the car behind the radio) and subsequently had no dash illumination and no radio/AC illumination when the headlights are on. I called Ken Pollack Nissan and told them I've checked the fuses and they're all good. My local garage thinks its not the dimmer switch but he can't be sure. Can you thoroughly diagnose this problem?". They said this is a big job, please come in Thursday at 9am. I was there on time, but by 9:20 they pulled me from the wating room and told me We checked the fuses and dimmer switch - its not them. Job is too big for us today, can you come back another time? I reminded them I was an hour away and would prefer to stay, but they said they can't do it and charged me $30 plus tax (20 minute job at their $70 rate). I was pissed, but paid and left. I made another appointment at a local Ford dealer and told them "Ken Pollack ruled out the fuses and dimmer". They worked on the car for 2 hrs, and came up with nothing. I then went to justanswer.com and after 2 days of trial & error and tracing my car's wiring from the fuses on through, we DID find it to be the dimmer switch. So I called Ken Pollack Nissan for a refund and the tech was a total jerk. He said its not his fault that another dealer didn't check everything from scratch, but in the same phone call he admitted he did not check the dimmer switch!!!! I asked him why he told me to my face that he did???? Long story short I got the money back and yes, this is all pennies compared to what it could have been ... but the moral is important. Ken Pollack Nissan charged me for checking the fuses and the dimmer, when in fact they never did that. Grrr.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM

I'm still a newbie with my Nissan dealership, but I did once have a problem with a Mercury dealership. If you want your dealership to jump for your love contact the BBB with your complaint. I can pretty much guarantee that they will do what they can to assist you after you make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I complained about a dealership that wouldn't/counldn't fix a broken speedometer and it was getting me pulled over. Dispute and try to win. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Cherry Hill Nissan - Had a terrible experience.

Bought a battery with 84-month warranty in 2006. It crapped out, so they told me that I could bring it in, and for $50 they would install a new one. It's definitely the battery, because I had taken it to a local mechanic who owns a few 4th gens, and he did an electrical diagnosis on it. My guy also noticed that one of the battery cables was a little loose, so he went and got this metal sleeve and hammered it on the positive terminal.

So I called them up, they told me I could come in whenever, and they'd give me the new one for $50 (prorated because I was past the 24-month free exchange period).

I figured that since it takes me 10 minutes to swap a battery, they could do it within an hour. Boy was I wrong. I went in about 11am on a Thursday morning, so definitely not peak times.

They told me it would be quick, so I handed them my keys and decided to wait. 45 minutes later, my car was still where it was parked. They finally bring it into the garage, and I figure it won't be long.

About an hour or so later, I go up to the guy and was like "What's taking so long?" and he gives me some line about how they need to do a 2-hour long diagnostic test on the battery before they can replace it. But they never mentioned it on the phone. They told me I could just come in and they'd do it quick, so I could just stay in the waiting room, I didn't have to drop the car off.

Then, I'm waiting there, and I'm talking with another Maxima owner, who has an '07 and was getting an oil change. He was complaining that they were taking so long, and it was crappy service, because he's bought several Nissans from CH Nissan in the past decade. So the two of us are sitting at this table talking, when the service manager comes up and offers to buy the guy lunch because it's taking so long. He does not extend the offer to me. My Maxima was purchased brand new from Cherry Hill Nissan. Before that, my dad also bought a 3rd gen and a hardbody pickup truck from Cherry Hill Nissan, so he's purchased 3 cars from them.

So the manager is going to buy the older guy with the '07 a free lunch because his oil change is taking so long, and he's got the nerve to say it right in front of me, and not offer me anything either? Way to make me feel like a valued customer, *******.

Later on, Mr '07 leaves, and I'm still waiting. They tell me that my positive battery clamp is ****ed up, and needs to be replaced. But they can't replace the clamp (which I had checked and priced out at $3.99 for a brass battery clamp at Pep Boys the day before), they want $90 + labor to replace the entire cable. I have to tell them several times to just re-use the metal sheath from the old battery, because that makes the terminal thicker so the clamp fits fine. They give me a line of bull**** about how that won't work right, and I kept telling them to put it back on.

So, finally, after almost 4 hours, I make it out of there. I keep having to tell the guy that I don't want a brand new battery cable.

All in all, I was very unhappy with their service. Telling me over the phone that it's a "quick job", then I come in and it's 4 hours? And they were OBVIOUSLY giving the other guy with the newer Maxima preferential treatment, even though both Maximas were purchased at Cherry Hill Nissan.

Needless to say, this is the last time I deal with those idiots. Next time the battery goes, I'm just going to spend $100 for an Interstate battery and call it a day.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM

I went to Eisenhauer Nissan in PA to make an offer on a maxima, i offered 500 Less that what they were asking and the salesman walked away from me?!?! My friend called him a **** and we left. LOL. thanks for being soo professional Eisenhauer.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by 04CleanMaxx
I went to Eisenhauer Nissan in PA to make an offer on a maxima, i offered 500 Less that what they were asking and the salesman walked away from me?!?! My friend called him a **** and we left. LOL. thanks for being soo professional Eisenhauer.
what an *SS
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by nalc
Cherry Hill Nissan - Had a terrible experience.

Bought a battery with 84-month warranty in 2006. It crapped out, so they told me that I could bring it in, and for $50 they would install a new one. It's definitely the battery, because I had taken it to a local mechanic who owns a few 4th gens, and he did an electrical diagnosis on it. My guy also noticed that one of the battery cables was a little loose, so he went and got this metal sleeve and hammered it on the positive terminal.

So I called them up, they told me I could come in whenever, and they'd give me the new one for $50 (prorated because I was past the 24-month free exchange period).

I figured that since it takes me 10 minutes to swap a battery, they could do it within an hour. Boy was I wrong. I went in about 11am on a Thursday morning, so definitely not peak times.

They told me it would be quick, so I handed them my keys and decided to wait. 45 minutes later, my car was still where it was parked. They finally bring it into the garage, and I figure it won't be long.

About an hour or so later, I go up to the guy and was like "What's taking so long?" and he gives me some line about how they need to do a 2-hour long diagnostic test on the battery before they can replace it. But they never mentioned it on the phone. They told me I could just come in and they'd do it quick, so I could just stay in the waiting room, I didn't have to drop the car off.

Then, I'm waiting there, and I'm talking with another Maxima owner, who has an '07 and was getting an oil change. He was complaining that they were taking so long, and it was crappy service, because he's bought several Nissans from CH Nissan in the past decade. So the two of us are sitting at this table talking, when the service manager comes up and offers to buy the guy lunch because it's taking so long. He does not extend the offer to me. My Maxima was purchased brand new from Cherry Hill Nissan. Before that, my dad also bought a 3rd gen and a hardbody pickup truck from Cherry Hill Nissan, so he's purchased 3 cars from them.

So the manager is going to buy the older guy with the '07 a free lunch because his oil change is taking so long, and he's got the nerve to say it right in front of me, and not offer me anything either? Way to make me feel like a valued customer, *******.

Later on, Mr '07 leaves, and I'm still waiting. They tell me that my positive battery clamp is ****ed up, and needs to be replaced. But they can't replace the clamp (which I had checked and priced out at $3.99 for a brass battery clamp at Pep Boys the day before), they want $90 + labor to replace the entire cable. I have to tell them several times to just re-use the metal sheath from the old battery, because that makes the terminal thicker so the clamp fits fine. They give me a line of bull**** about how that won't work right, and I kept telling them to put it back on.

So, finally, after almost 4 hours, I make it out of there. I keep having to tell the guy that I don't want a brand new battery cable.

All in all, I was very unhappy with their service. Telling me over the phone that it's a "quick job", then I come in and it's 4 hours? And they were OBVIOUSLY giving the other guy with the newer Maxima preferential treatment, even though both Maximas were purchased at Cherry Hill Nissan.

Needless to say, this is the last time I deal with those idiots. Next time the battery goes, I'm just going to spend $100 for an Interstate battery and call it a day.
Those genist bastards.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Not really a bad experience, but I just called Courtesy Nissan of Tampa for ****s and giggles, and for an OEM 1996 Maxima SE wheel...its $417.00, for just ONE. And my busted fog light? $250.99

I can get both at a junkyard for 50 bucks total.

Nissan Dealerships = Epic Fail.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:37 AM

whoevers in nyc dont ever go to bay ridge nissan to get your car serviced, what a bunch of thiefs
Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
whoevers in nyc dont ever go to bay ridge nissan to get your car serviced, what a bunch of thiefs
What happened? Please relay ur experience. They are the closest dealership to me and i was thinking of using them for my service when it comes up.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:35 PM

The dealership in Plainsfield on route 22 in Central NJ removed the alternator wire and the car was running on battery and stopped around midnight. Had to get towed and of course those morons simply 'forgot' to connect the cable.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 PM

I had a horrible experience in Star Nissan in Queens, NY. My Service Coordinator was Mark and he was just very rude. I go in for a repair that was not properly completed the first time, so I see the first service advisor. He says you have to go to him because it's a repeat order. So I bring up a whole **** list of issues. Glove box not aligned, shimmy, window noise, rear squeak, alignment, pass mirror etc etc. So he by accident prints something, screams "****" and then goes to the printer and yanks the damn paper, mind you its not a laser printer, its those dot matrix with the paper all connected which you have to rip. So he makes this big commotion, everyone's staring at him. Then i'm telling him all these interior noises, he just looks straight ahead as if I don't exist, so then he says lets go for a road test. He walks to the car and SLAMS my F**king door, he slammed it so hard, that I think the dead could of heard it. So I get in, and I tell him look, I know it's annoying i'm here almost every other month but Nissan gave me a ****ed up car. So he drives it and hears the sounds and **** blah blah. We come back and I leave. I am frustrated as hell, I don't want to cause a scene or anything. So I call the service manager Steve, I tell him about my experience, and he talks to me like a child. So he's like the door, what about the door, what door. I said HE SLAMMED MY DOOR, he was very rude etc etc, so hes like I'll talk to him.

Ironically an hour later Russel from Nissan's customer service dept calls up checking up if I gave the car in(I am fighting with Nissan for some sort of reimbursement, my cars been in the shop for more than 30 days since I got it in Jan of 08) and I tell him the story and says "I apologize, Nissan doesn't condone behavior like that" so I said listen get me my reimbursement( 2 months lease payment) I am not going to go through a buyout if I have to give the damn car back next year.

I was so mad also because I always got treated good by Star Nissan. I travel from the Bronx over the Throggs neck just to go to them, and this **** happens. SOOOOOOOOO pissed. I'm sorry everyone but I think I might get a Lexus, I am too picky with cars and Nissan isn't treating me right! Can I change service coordinators!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by meccanoble
these people suck more than monica lewinsky. Out of my busy schedule i decide to roll by their to get a oil change before i went too much over 3,000 miles and they tell me its gonna take a half hour wait since 2 cars are on the lifts already. They said the oil change would take half an hour maximum and that i would be out of there in an hour. Otherwise i would have moved on or kept it for another day. So although i feel dissappointed that what everyone publicizes to be the quickest thing done to a car at a dealer is gonna take so long, so many shops say 10 minutes oil change but i like to stick with nissan, give them my pennies and in return stay serviced wit the company. so i wait, patiently. An hour passes, no one gives me a receipt or key....15 more minutes, nothing. After waiting one hour and 45 minutes, i finally decide to get up and tell the f*cker off. He's being told off by another customer so i peak at the bay area to see my car on the ground already finished and some a-hole is inside of it blasting my music and revving my car like a maniac. I politely tell them to chill and ask for my bill from another sales person. He says he cant help me cause its not his customer and tells me the bill will be sent to me after car is parked. I say ok, shouldnt take more than 5 minutes....i have now waited 2 hours and 15 minutes and i'm ready to walk out without paying, the guy who i talked to last sees' how long i have been waiting and takes the bill personally to the cashier and i angrily pay 24 dollars + tax for my oil change. They are not the cheapest nor do they give the best service. My whole schedule today was shattered and i am truly dissappointed in what i had to go through for one of the quickest modifications done to the car at a dealership.

Something that u would think would take 25 minutes was told to take 1 hour and ended up over 2...****ed me off, they wont get my service any longer.

Nice bmw!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 96WhiteMaxima
Not really a bad experience, but I just called Courtesy Nissan of Tampa for ****s and giggles, and for an OEM 1996 Maxima SE wheel...its $417.00, for just ONE. And my busted fog light? $250.99

I can get both at a junkyard for 50 bucks total.

Nissan Dealerships = Epic Fail.

Seriously what the hell are they thinking about...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc

Your smoked headlights look sick bro, good job!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys and gals, have you all considered posting your complaints also on www.ripoffreport.com ? It is a great website like this one and would benefit many people who may not be members here. Post your occurance on www.ripoffreport.com as well if you can.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 AM

avoid Boulder Nissan

Took my car in to Boulder Nissan to get an estimate on replacing oil sender unit. They told me I have a power steering fluid leak, would cost $900 to fix. Funny thing is, I've never had to add power steering fluid, and it's above the Min line on the reservoir. So, uh, how much is really leaking??? That was a year ago, and power steering fluid is still above the Min line in reservoir. I have no trust in their service department. This is on a 95 Maxima that's only worth about $2000 -- why would they tell me I needed a $900 repair that I didn't really need? Either they are really bad mechanics and honestly thought the repair was needed, or they are dishonest. Either way, kinda scary.

Also -- took it in for an oil change (had a coupon). Next time I tried to change the oil myself -- but could not loosen the oil filter (used a really good filter wrench with 1' ratchet handle). I'm lucky they didn't strip the threads when they overtightened it. Took it back and made them loosen the filter to correct torque spec.

Ordered a bolt through them. 3 weeks later had not arrived, so I called them. 2 weeks later the WRONG bolt arrived. 2 weeks later finally got the correct bolt. I had to call them each time, they never called me when stuff came in.

Bad mechanics, bad service, and probably dishonest. What is it with most dealerships -- they seem to think that a dealership is a license to cheat and steal.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Test drove an 04 Maxima and started going through the paper work to buy it.
Day later when my friend went to the same dealership, saw them switching the VIN and some parts off the one I wanted into a New Orleans Maxima. (Katrina, durr)
Dealership is nonexistent now.. go figure.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Pushed my car into the mechanic bay which was 100 metres from where it refused to start, and they "tested" it and told me I had a drain in the Alternator.

Told them to go **** themselves, bought a new battery, haven't had problems since!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Premier Nissan, San Jose Stealership

Worse stealership to have your car serviced at. Bought two new cars from them with no issues.Once they had my money is when they could care less about anything else. Constant clunking noise coming from my Maxi. everytime i took it in they denied any noise. Terrible place. Had to contact Nissan Corp. They are almost as bad as the dealer. Very slow process.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 AM
wxm

Originally Posted by gabe606
Worse stealership to have your car serviced at. Bought two new cars from them with no issues.Once they had my money is when they could care less about anything else. Constant clunking noise coming from my Maxi. everytime i took it in they denied any noise. Terrible place. Had to contact Nissan Corp. They are almost as bad as the dealer. Very slow process.
I heard you. I have been there and done that including experience with the Nissan Corp. In fact, a lot of us on the board might have had the same experience. Wondering why we pick up wrenches ourselves.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval

Wow! Now, that's a horror story! I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. 300,000 miles? That's crazy!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

belt vs starter

I bought my 06 Maxima in 12/10 right before Christmas...About 2-3 weeks later i hear a squealing noise which i immediately thought it was the belt...so i took back to Nissan to get the belt changed...after a 3hour wait they tell me its not the belt its the starter...confused i reluctantly had them "fix" the prob which was to suppose to be the starter and paid them to do so...so now a month later my car is making the same squealing noise...i'm so freaking pissed!! why couldn't they just listen to me the first time and just change the belt...ughh...so now what do i do? do i bring it back to them? are they responsible to fix the problem? will i have to pay again???
Old 03-18-2011, 07:16 AM

NEVER FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! If the salesman's lips are moving he's probably lying.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:42 PM

My check engine light comes on so I decide to bring it to my buddies shop. They tell me its my camshaft position sensors and after looking it up on their database they tell me it is a recall. I go to the Nissan Dealer and they say it is not a recall even though my buddy (who owns his own shop!) told me it was. Either the database was wrong or the a****** workers at the dealership are just a bunch of lazy no good for nothings! Nevertheless my blood was boiling and I eventually did get the sensors fixed by my friend free of charge.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Bergenfield Nissan in NJ was a little bit of an iffy experience for me. Guy seemed pretty cool (I believe his name is Ehab). However, he was pretty pushy when it came to me seeing a '04 Maxima they had on the lot. I wasn't 100% on the car but my mom left $100 deposit to hold the car so my dad could take a look at it since his job kept him from when my mom and I went. Two days later, I ended up telling him I wasn't interested anymore (after hearing about trans issues, the car was a bit bigger than I need, and the car was kinda worn more than my liking). First, he tries to tell me that Maxima was a "rare, and extremely hard to find car" and I shouldn't miss out on it. But past that, he says I have to go back to the dealer to get the refund. Now, this dealership isnt exactly close. For me, I need to cut through Paramus, Hackensack, and New Milford to get to Bergenfield. When we get there, my mom just went in first to just go get the refund. But while I'm checking out the lot, he talks my mom into leaving the $100 as a collateral for him to let me know if anything comes in on trade I'd be interested in. I took that as bs but just left it. Now comes when I finally get a car (purchased my I30 from Denville Nissan). I call and say I have something else and I want the $100 back on the credit card. He says I again have to stop by. So I go with my mom's card, and tells me that I don't have the correct paperwork, but they can try to go through with a refund. Just for reference, I work part time at a Hallmark store (yea yea, make your jokes) and I can easily look up a receipt to have reference of a transaction to give a refund. This guy makes like 3 copies of the credit card, and says it should be OK. Was it? No........ He calls me halfway home to tell me it isn't the right card and I also have to go back and find another form I had gotten when the transaction took place. I know it was the right card, since my mom used a specific card that isn't used much for these deposits. So I go home, find another slip, and I go back. Now, this is a dealership at least 20 minutes away in an area I never go to, using my own gas to go back unneeded times. I get back to the dealer, hand him the card and the slip and they say "Oh yea, whoever recorded it treats Visa and Mastercard the same and write either of them down as Visa." That is retarded IMO to do that, but whatever. I really do not have interest in going back there since again it is so far, and I don't think I'd take an Infiniti to a Nissan dealer for service
Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

yea. don't ever go to nissan in bergenfield, NJ!!! Worst dealership ever!!! They sell you work and DO NOT perform some..like that "emissions service"...yea, the techs just throw the 2 cans in the garbage and the writer charges you $179 for NOTHING!!! Most dealers lie, but to a varying degree!
I'm a dealership tech and have many tech friends...I know the deal!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nselca2
My check engine light comes on so I decide to bring it to my buddies shop. They tell me its my camshaft position sensors and after looking it up on their database they tell me it is a recall. I go to the Nissan Dealer and they say it is not a recall even though my buddy (who owns his own shop!) told me it was. Either the database was wrong or the a****** workers at the dealership are just a bunch of lazy no good for nothings! Nevertheless my blood was boiling and I eventually did get the sensors fixed by my friend free of charge.
The original was all plastic and caused a crank position code sometimes. sometimes they run funny intermittantly. The new crank sensor is half plastic (outside) and half metal (inside.) It IS a superseeded part (new, improved.)
Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan of Melbourne;
Took my car there to get a catalyc converter installed which they told me was under warranty. I had an appointment at 9:00 and dropped it off at 8:30. They call me at 1:30 and say they can't get the wheel well off because i have after market lugnuts. I tell them i dont have the tool and they say they can replace all lugnuts with stock ones for 150 dollars! I say just do the tire that you need to take off for $50 and i will take care of the others.
They then call me 2 hours later and say they won't have my car done today!? I ask,"is it because you didn't start until 2 when you called me?" Mechanic replied," Well we had to let the car cool off, then pull it into the bay, then talk back and forth with the technician about the lug nuts?" LOL are you friggin kidding me. These people suck and I won't ever go to them again.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:28 AM

In the above post, we found that the bad experience is the most worst thing about the experience. One who has seen the worst experience, he must try to achieve the good experience.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 PM

My 1996 Nissan Maxima is stalling on me after it warms up and is hesitating some times. I brought it to Napoli Nissan in Milford Connecticut where I bought it for service. THey charged me over $1500.00 to change a O2 sensor and knock sensor. Then they say they needed to check the injectors and do an induction service. Guess what , the car still stalls and hesitates. And I am an idiot for paying them. They wont be seeing me or my car again because they didn't warn me how expensive this was going to be .Sadly, I think almost all dealerships are price gouging and mostly getting away with it
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Mike at Barron Nissan (Roslyn/Glen Head) NY. DO NOT GO HERE. My stereo was making a rattling noise, and I told them where the problem was and everything. They refused to listen to me, ended up loosening my radio system, and now there is static all the time. They refused to fix my stereo system and they are just a bunch of A**HOLES. They never fixed anything, but broke more, along with scratching my whip. They are crooks. Then, I come back to have them fix again, still nothing, and again, nothing, and finally again, they claim to "write it down on file and will fix it next time." Then, they say my warranty was expired and refuse to do anything unless I pay. On top of that, have no knowledge of anything on file, what a surprise. They can F*** off.

I will never buy another Nissan from them again.

DO NOT GO HERE.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:58 PM

Z-Tech, Longwood, Fl

Owner, Avi. Staaaaaay away. 67 days they had my car. Incompetent and/or frauds. And definitely liars. Car taken to general mechanic who
Diagnosed quickly? The lies this dude told were incredulous.

815-954-3296 Derek if you need documentation. Filing lawsuit.