Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Good dealership Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 06:24 AM

Good Dealership Experiences

Posted in here.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:02 PM

Re: Good Dealership Experiences

Superior Nissan in Mission Hills,CA is a good place to have service performed. Ask for Julio. They gave me a deal on replacing my clutch with an OEM Nissan unit, put a Fidanza flywheel in a no extra labor cost. Nice guys and they stand behind their work.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Baker-Jackson Nissan in Houston - continued great experience

Despite all of the horror stories you hear about Nissan dealers, I have almost all positive things to say about Baker-Jackson. The car sale went great (other than a minor color mix-up - READ THE PAPERWORK!). And my sales guy (Doug - fleet manager) was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

AND, the service I've been getting is also great. The service writer, Keith, is extremely helpful, polite, and has given me no flak about my (admittedly minor) mods.

Positive experience.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 PM

Re: Without a doubt, worst experience ever - PLEASE READ!

Fight the power!

- Steve
Old 02-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Uhhhh, that kinda stuff makes me sooo mad Don't let it go, I know there is someone at Nissan who would love to know what happend and heads would roll.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Wow I didn't know State Line was so bad. Good thing is I've bought anything from them and I probably won't now. I do remember looking at used Maximas up there and they were woefully overpriced and all there cars had some sort of body damage.

I only deal with O Neil and Olathe Nissan. Apparantly the Kansas City Maxima group (www.kcmaximas.org) gets a discount at Olathe.

Dave
Old 02-11-2003, 06:43 PM

Browns Nissan Fairfax Service

Anyone in the NOVA area that has mods should visit this dealership and talk to Tom O'Connell who is a service advisor. Sheehy in Manassas VA told me that I've voided my entire warranty on my car and they would not fix it. They took pics of all my mods which I saw and said that they were going to contact Nissan to inform them. This is all without any provocation on my part.

I called Tom O'Connell who is my service rep with Brown's where I bought the car (bad buying experience). He said, "as long as it the mod doesn't cause a problem, I don't care, I'll take your business." He promptly fixed the wind noise from the back doors TSB and the TSB for the forward and backward motor in the front driver seat. He even washed my car twice, no charge. Once after they performed the service and then again another time since it snowed the day I picked it up.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

Originally posted by Wrightsfd
Superior Nissan in Mission Hills,CA is a good place to have service performed. Ask for Julio. They gave me a deal on replacing my clutch with an OEM Nissan unit, put a Fidanza flywheel in a no extra labor cost. Nice guys and they stand behind their work.

Do you know if Superior Nissan Mission Hills is affiliated with Superior Nissan City of Industry/Puente Hills?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:55 AM

Thank you Fireside Nissan for the great service!!

I just wanted to post this in the dealership forum as well.
For the third time, I have left this dealership completely satisfied with the work that has been done to my car. The service consultant, John, has been wonderful. He has gone out of his way to make the service experience as painless as possible.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=191435

Thanks again, John for the great service!! Keep up the good work!

Fireside Nissan
Route 1
North Attleboro, MA 02761
508-695-3515
www.firesidenissan.com
Old 02-25-2003, 08:30 AM

Good exp. with Arlington Nissan (IL)

I remember reading a few negative comments about this dealership but it didn't keep me from buying my 2k2 Maxima there (purchased in 12/02).

Today I had my first problem - battery was too weak to start the car (0 degrees w/o windchill this morning). I had to jump start it but once the car was running I was able to drive it in. Being that it was only 7:15 in the morning I drove directly to Arlington Nissan without any kind of appt or anything.

They got me right in and I was able to explain what was going on to the service guy - he was very courteous. I told him the car wasn't cranking over as fast I thought it should and that the battery seemed pretty weak for the past couple of weeks.

When he started the car he agreed. Less than a 1/2 hour later I was on my way with a new battery - everything covered by warranty.

He mentioned that I would be receiving a survey in the mail too. I'll have no problem giving positive comments on it.

It's a shame I have to read about other people's problems at dealerships!
Old 03-03-2003, 02:54 PM

My dad just hit 90k on his 96 Max, and we need to take it in for the service. I've heard many bad stories about Browns Nissan in Fairfax, and was wondering if anyone recommended any other Nissan Dealerships in the NoVa area? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

Originally posted by T-One

Do you know if Superior Nissan Mission Hills is affiliated with Superior Nissan City of Industry/Puente Hills?

yes it is.

we also have superior nissan of rancho santamargarita.

currently we are working on building a new building at carson nissan. most likely gonna be changed to Superior nissan of Carson
Old 03-14-2003, 01:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

Originally posted by jdmmax

yes it is.

we also have superior nissan of rancho santamargarita.

currently we are working on building a new building at carson nissan. most likely gonna be changed to Superior nissan of Carson
You say we. Do you work for one of them? Superior Puent Hills just gave me a good discount on a couple of small items, just for mentioning I'm a Maxima.org member.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

You say we. Do you work for one of them? Superior Puent Hills just gave me a good discount on a couple of small items, just for mentioning I'm a Maxima.org member.

yes i do.

were you that white 4th gen that pulled up on those gunmetal sub-zeros?????
Old 03-14-2003, 02:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

yes i do.

were you that white 4th gen that pulled up on those gunmetal sub-zeros?????
If this was on Wednesday, that was me. Who were you?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

If this was on Wednesday, that was me. Who were you?

did you come in today?????that's when i seen the max
i am currently doing statiscticall stuff. but im always here monday through friday 9-4:30

my car is hidden in employee parking but yeah if you walk up to the receptionist ask her to page frank. say hi
Old 03-14-2003, 02:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Dealership Experiences

did you come in today?????that's when i seen the max
i am currently doing statiscticall stuff. but im always here monday through friday 9-4:30

my car is hidden in employee parking but yeah if you walk up to the receptionist ask her to page frank. say hi
Thanks Frank. I will next time. My name is David.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

urban Nissan in dallas,tx

I have to give it up for these guys everything was perfect I love em you will 2
Old 05-07-2003, 07:38 AM
NT2SHBBY

NYers--Major Nissan of Garden City

To all of the NYers out there looking for a good dealership to bring your maxima to where they will give you few problems about replacing parts under warranty, etc... is Major Nissan of Garden City on Franklin Avenue in Garden City, Long Island.

The service manager, Matt, LOVES cigars...anytime you go in there for service ask to see him, offer him a fine cigar, he'll be ur buddy for life!!!

Everytime I go back to him for service, I have in hand 6 premium cuban cigars (my father is a cigar connisseur) and he listens to whatever I gotta say and does whatever I ask of him (providing it's not tooo outlandish)

Old 05-13-2003, 11:49 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Re: Baker-Jackson Nissan in Houston - continued great experience

Originally posted by Maximax2
Despite all of the horror stories you hear about Nissan dealers, I have almost all positive things to say about Baker-Jackson. The car sale went great (other than a minor color mix-up - READ THE PAPERWORK!). And my sales guy (Doug - fleet manager) was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

AND, the service I've been getting is also great. The service writer, Keith, is extremely helpful, polite, and has given me no flak about my (admittedly minor) mods.

Positive experience.
Are you talking about the Baker Jackson on 290? I live right around the corner. They have always been pretty cool. They do have their brain farts every once in a while though. Over all Baker Jackson is a good dealership.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:11 AM

Steve @ Regal Nissan in Atlanta, GA - great prices and service.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:37 AM

Suggestion for selecting a dealer for service:

1. Go to NissanUSA.com under "Buying" => "Dealer Locator" and then just enter your home state.

2. For example FL has 57 dealers, select those only with the logo of "2003 Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence".
Old 08-16-2003, 05:28 AM
Bandwagon Lover

Good Experience - Bill Collins - L'vlle KY

This was my final "pre-36k" vist to get everything fixed. All in all, I will keep using them for service although they are out of my way. Here's a list:

1. Rear wind noise: fixed with new door rubber

2. Chrome bubbling off the Nissan hamburger on the engine cover: Replaced engine cover

3. Sand/dirt build-up around gas filler: Not fixed. Could not get NissanNA to do anything about it, nor did they find any reference to the part numbers I provided <shrug>

4. Hesitation TSB: Could not find a problem when testing. Of course not, the car is actually not having the problem, but it was worth a try.

5. Excessive Paint chips: Wished they could do something, but out of their hands.

6. Noise in front end: Determined it was a bad strut. Ordered new and replaced. Yes, they replaced it even though I have Eibachs!!!

All in all, they fixed what I thought they would and they even fixed something I expected to be denied (strut). Service was excellant. I really liked utilizing Service Advisors as contacts.

The only problem I have is that they put some marks on one of my factory rims. I talked with the SA and he has asked me to come by when I get a chance and they will have it taken care of. Since they are at fault, he will make sure I have one of their cars to drive if I need to leave it with them for repair. Definately what I would expect and is a great sign of an excellant service department.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:06 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

possible good dealer on LI?

took my 02 in for the following...

wind noise
drivers side window stopped working
BLOSE cuts out
hood rattle

They fixed 1 problem...the rear window noise.

But, they ordered a new BLOSE, drivers side window motor and
strips for the hood rattle. I took off my frankencar, and I am dropped on TEINS and GR-2s. I have to bring the car in next week when the rest of the parts come in. they said NOTHING about the drop. My guess is they dont even know the car is dropped. BTW..the wind noise is GONE!! It was so bad! Im glad they fixed it... Just some FYI for my LI max owners...

I think im happy! The dealer is on 112 in patchague.

Old 09-02-2003, 07:15 PM

What was the name of the dealer?
Old 09-03-2003, 04:35 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally Posted by Sonic
What was the name of the dealer?
Nissan 112
730 Route 112
Patchogue, NY
631-289-9010

Old 09-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Here are a couple of Tampa bay/Saint Pete dealership experiences.

Crown Nissan
Took the car for a squeak coming from the front passenger side. As soon as they noticed the car was lowered, I was immediately informed that it is no longer under factory warranty and any repairs made would be out of pocket. Upon hearing this, I decided not to even bother arguing and left.

Took the car to Autoway Nissan in Clearwater. They haven't said a word to me about the car being lowered, and took care of the problem. Since then I have taken the car exclusively to them. During my last visit there I wanted them to take care of the hesitation as mentioned in the TSB. They test drove the car, replicated the problem and took care of it. At the time, the mods on my car also included a PR CAI and Greddy catback. Just wanted to let people know if they are getting crap from Nissan dealers in the area to give these guys a call. So far they have been pretty good to me...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:45 AM

Excellent Service

Last Thursday I called the Nissan dealer for some service work. That was about 8:30 in the morning. I asked them to do the ECU update and fix the hood shake problem. They asked for the car at 10:30 the same day. 45 minutes later the car was done! Even though they had to order the MAF they did not give me any hassles about it. Today they call me and tell me the part is in and to make the appointment. Then they tell me it will only take about an hour. Great service experience for a change. Thanks South London Nissan.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:15 PM

northcoast nissan of middleburg hts ohio service department is no question number one

paul
Old 09-21-2003, 08:19 AM

Bob Howard Nissan in Oklahoma City OKlahoma is a great dealer they gave me $2000 of MSRP on a new Maxima SE and even ordered the car I wanted from the factory for that price, Onyx SE Auto with Frost Leather and Journey Package with the best part even delivered it to my door at no extra charge which is a 3 1/2 hour drive one. way!
--------------------------
Bob Howard Nissan
13241 Broadway Extension
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
1-877-944-2842 Internet Sales
Bob Howard Nissan

---------------------------
2004 SE Auto
Onyx
Frost Leather
Elite Package

1995 SE Auto
Super Black
Black Leather
16" Nissan Chrome Wheels
Old 09-30-2003, 01:39 PM

Nissan of Queens

Nissan of Queens
New York

Seemed a nice clean place with normal people...
Coffee and bagels served every morning...
Reccomended
Old 10-05-2003, 04:57 PM
KDLMax

Originally Posted by valkat
Nissan of Queens
New York

Seemed a nice clean place with normal people...
Coffee and bagels served every morning...
Reccomended
I havent been there in over 8 months. But the last time I was there they also had Donuts from Dunkin Donuts, a little Hotdog stand and popcorn! All free!

Old 10-06-2003, 02:02 AM

heh i thought you were talking about a Silvia Q from the name of the post
Old 10-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Wild at Hurt

Liberty Nissan in Libertyville IL is the best i have ever found.
Great prices and the top sales guy, Jeff Bogdalla is a Nissan performance enthuiast and former 300 Z racer.
The service guys are into the mods as well, which is great for service, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Capitol Nissan, San Jose

Just got back from Capitol Nissan in San Jose and have to give those guys a BIG THUMBS UP!!

Went in there to have the Hesitation TSB done and they knew what it was and didn't give me any flak about taking care of it.

I have an 03 max and it turned out i have the latest MAF but they still did the ECM reprogramming, and it made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

My hesitation is gone and the responsiveness of my car is now what it should have been.

Ask for Earl Hart in the service dept. He was great and hooked me up.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:44 AM

State Line Nissan in CT/NY Area

Some of you know the story.

I got my car, 3 months later, my front tires are shredded apart, the spare doughnut couldn't be put on because the car didn't have a lug key, and a weird vibration was coming from the rear right of the car. They replaced all the tires, free of charge, they replaced a key (one was broken) free of charge, they brought a flatbed to my house and towed the car, free of charge, aligned it, free of charge, and replaced the rear right rotor and caliper free of charge, since that's what was causing the vibration. The best part? They were under absolutely no obligation to do any of that. The even better part? After everything was taken care of, two off duty service guys came and dropped it off at my house, and all i had to do was tip them, which i elected to do (and it's 15 mins from the dealership). If you live anywhere in the Westchester/Fairfield county area, i can't give them any higher reccomendations....i have no more thumbs to put up Talk to Don, he's a great guy, takes initiative, and gets things done FAST... Don!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Defacto
Some of you know the story.

I got my car, 3 months later, my front tires are shredded apart, the spare doughnut couldn't be put on because the car didn't have a lug key, and a weird vibration was coming from the rear right of the car. They replaced all the tires, free of charge, they replaced a key (one was broken) free of charge, they brought a flatbed to my house and towed the car, free of charge, aligned it, free of charge, and replaced the rear right rotor and caliper free of charge, since that's what was causing the vibration. The best part? They were under absolutely no obligation to do any of that. The even better part? After everything was taken care of, two off duty service guys came and dropped it off at my house, and all i had to do was tip them, which i elected to do (and it's 15 mins from the dealership). If you live anywhere in the Westchester/Fairfield county area, i can't give them any higher reccomendations....i have no more thumbs to put up Talk to Don, he's a great guy, takes initiative, and gets things done FAST... Don!!!
Hey man... I live in CT and i hate all nissan dealers (Harte, Middletown) let me know about this dealer... some more info!
Old 11-26-2003, 07:28 AM

State line is awesome, Don is the man, period, and their rates are good. I can only assume that Stamford Nissan is great as well, because it's plastered right next to their listing on Nissan's site that they're the Owner First Award for Excellence winner for 2003...However, i've never had to take the car there, it's much more out of the way for me...that's like a 25 min drive, state line is a 10 min or less drive. However, both of them would be a wickedly long drive for you, no? An hour just to get the car serviced is a little bit over the top....
Old 03-22-2004, 08:07 AM

Tri-City Nissan
928 N. 28th Ave
Pasco, WA 99301

509-545-3000

www.drivenissan.com

Buying Experience
All together me, my family and friends have bought over a dozen cars from them within the past two years! These guys are in my opinion the best in Customer Service. I have dealt with three different sales people there and each one of them has earned Tri-City Nissan my repeat business...

Service Experience
Travis, E.A. and Lisa are the best at what they do. They always manage to make every single customer as if they were the only people there... I had a chance to talk to one of their head mechanic there as he took me for a test drive in my car, unlike every other car dealership service people.... this guy actually acknowledged/understood my concern, explained it to me what were the causes and how he will be fixing it... ETC ETC...

Bascially everything that I come across the org I am able to communicate with their service people and they never try to deny anything.

Overall Customer Service
Just one of my experiences with the dealership... When I bought my 03 Max 6-spd from them (Slightly Used) a few months into the ownership I noticed several dings and chips all over the car... while just casually mentioning my displeasure of nissans paint quality and my cars strange condition for such a new car... the sales and service people (to my surprise) took my car in, gave me a loaner car... replaced the trip pieces, repainted and replaced rear-bumper etc etc and turned it into a brand-new looking car... nothing I can say that can fully express my great experience with this dealership and its service department...

Old 04-05-2004, 09:51 PM
It's chrome alright...

rockingham nissan, salem NH

I brought my car in to replace a switch and said "can you look at the rear rotors? They seem to 'stick' when I release the e-brake."

Rockingham Nissan in Salem NH does it again... replaced them under warranty without even asking.

I give Rockingham nissan

I would NEVER buy a car there after an experience with a salesperson, but I am extremely happy with the work the service dept has done.

Quick Reply: Good dealership Experiences