Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

any horror stories from Nissan on Northern Blvd, NY?

Old 02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

any horror stories from Nissan on Northern Blvd, NY?

Just curious to know if anybody been thru some really f'd up experiences in that particular dealership. I cant front, seeing what i went thru three years after i got my car, i def starting to feel like i got took, but hey, first time buying, u know.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:24 PM

they are all ****ty anyway
Old 02-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I heard so many negitive things about those guys on Northern BLVD. If I would get stuck right in front of the service Dept and all I needed was a boost. I think I would push it down the block to the VW dealer first.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 PM

I haven't heard any good news about these nissan dealers in queens. I have given up on Nissan in Queens. There really isn't much alternative in Queens. Star (Bayside), Nemet (Jamaica), Koepel (LIC). There is one in 5 Towns. This is technically in Long Island, but it is surrounded by queens (far rockaway and rosedale). Try them. Rockaway turnpike. Otherwise, i know someone that got a deal at Bayridge Nissan, Brooknon.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:15 PM

i recommend maxima tuning, if u dont mind drive all the way to long island
Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 PM

yeah, max tuning does a good job.... fast and reliable
Old 03-28-2005, 02:18 PM
BK1
Hello

I went to Star Nissan a couple of years back to buy a 97 Maxima. I put my down payment down of 200 bucks, and he said to come back next week after they "prep" it.
I made the trip all the way to bayside from sheepsead bay just to find out it was sold.
I was like "WTF, I put a down payment on that...." and he said "the car had problems, we had to take it back...we can't sell it...it's in the shop." I was like "when's it coming back from the shop?" The guy started stuttering and crap, I had to get my money back the next day because "NO refunds on weekend, manager not here". That's the last time they see my ***, and I'm never recommending them.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Star Nissan Blow!

STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
just venting!!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:26 AM

I had no issues with Star Nissan. Now lets see what happens once I use their service dept.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by nysemt1
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
just venting!!
What's your beef with our service dept. ??
Just curious, I've been there for two years, and all the people from .org which I have taken care of has no problems, and I think our staff is doing an excellent job.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:40 PM

I think the best Nissan dealer by far is the one that is located on Exit 19 off the Southern state Pkwy. Service, deals, and honest is unknown in Queens. When my sister was buying her 05 Altima we went to all the dealers in Queens and then went to Hempstead and bought the car right away. As a matter fact, all the dealers out over there are great. Dont do business in Queens, its not worth it. Take the trip and you'll be very happy.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by jigga123
I think the best Nissan dealer by far is the one that is located on Exit 19 off the Southern state Pkwy. Service, deals, and honest is unknown in Queens. When my sister was buying her 05 Altima we went to all the dealers in Queens and then went to Hempstead and bought the car right away. As a matter fact, all the dealers out over there are great. Dont do business in Queens, its not worth it. Take the trip and you'll be very happy.
Lol i never go to Nissan Service department im just buying parts from them,im scared to leave the car with them.All the mechanics at dealerships that just graduated from Lincoln Tech dont know ****,dont know how to change the oil without manual come on now
Old 07-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I need to be aware of horror stories in Texas as well.

- Take Care
- David Steele
Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

For purchasing cars, I got mine from Beiner Nissan in Roslyn, Long Island. Mark Rubin gave me a good price and helped my friend out on her Murano. Also, there is Nissan City in Port Chester which is pretty good. Debbie is the person to speak to over there. As for service, I bring mine into Hempstead. Also, the one in Valley Stream (Gregoris?!) I heard was very good also. I don't like Star Nissan. No offense here. Just telling you my opinion. Didn't like the salespeople there. As for the Star Nissan Service center, I heard good things from there. Its a toss up of the dice. You get lucky and sometimes you don't.

Andy
Old 09-03-2005, 02:11 PM
You Don't Wanna Play Me

I just bought my 05 at habberstad Nissan in huntington station. Only cuz my roomate used to work there and I know the sales manager. Otherwise I'd probably go to Garden city nissan in hempstead cuz I know the finance manager there. But it's an 05 so hopefully i won't have to go there any time soon
Old 11-13-2005, 08:01 PM

hahahah....no such thing as a "good" dealer, the only way its good is if u, the consumer, know your stuff, then they really cant do much. oh ye, i used to sell car, lotf of fun
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 PM

STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
just venting!!
I have to say...that whoever says "of all the dealerships, star nissan sucks"..is outta they effin mind....nismo star has been there for a long time and always helps out guys with maximas...hes comes to alot of meets does everyones timing and answers questions we may have..he even lets u come by there if he has a second and gives u free diagnosis...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Make the trip to Yonkers

Make the trip to Yonkers, NY and I will save you $.

Central Ave Nissan has free oil changes... #1 CSI in Bronx/Westchester/Rockland/Queens/Brooklyn... and being from the org, I'll try my best to get an aggressive deal where you don't have to shop or second guess the buyin experience.

Last edited by phenryiv1; 03-30-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 AM

star nissan right? nice guys there, didn't get what i wanted but friendly people
Old 05-07-2006, 01:54 AM

Sorry but Star Nissan sucks **** ***** on a sunny day.

*** Nissan in the Bronx all the way, they are the best especially their service department.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I AM A BUSINESS

Originally Posted by nymaxp.i.m.p.
Just curious to know if anybody been thru some really f'd up experiences in that particular dealership. I cant front, seeing what i went thru three years after i got my car, i def starting to feel like i got took, but hey, first time buying, u know.

Don't worry man your not the only person that's been burnt when trying to purchase your first set of wheels!

Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM

STAR cars group really blows. ive dealt w/ the toyota star guys w/ my matrix a few times w/ a stupid squeaky clutch that they wont cover under warranty nor w/ trim pieces that fell apart that was NOT covered under warranty.

also, they take forever w/ service on ur car.

when i bought my matrix w/ these guys a few years back, they kept on pressuring me to get their factory alarm installed. i said no way,. ill install one myself. they gave me all this bs saying it will void warranty and such.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 AM

mm i disagree
i love STAR NISSAN
prices are high and they insist that i get all the checkups n etc
but thats every service dealer.
but they'll be honest when you need something replaced and if they know someplace cheaper for parts they'll send you there
ive delt with a korean guy named jay a few times when im there. real honest guy.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by jingiko
mm i disagree
i love STAR NISSAN
prices are high and they insist that i get all the checkups n etc
but thats every service dealer.
but they'll be honest when you need something replaced and if they know someplace cheaper for parts they'll send you there
ive delt with a korean guy named jay a few times when im there. real honest guy.
werd up

I know the regular .orgy members, I guess introduce yourselves next visit.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 200kMax
STAR cars group really blows. ive dealt w/ the toyota star guys w/ my matrix a few times w/ a stupid squeaky clutch that they wont cover under warranty nor w/ trim pieces that fell apart that was NOT covered under warranty.

also, they take forever w/ service on ur car.

when i bought my matrix w/ these guys a few years back, they kept on pressuring me to get their factory alarm installed. i said no way,. ill install one myself. they gave me all this bs saying it will void warranty and such.
LoL, thats Toyota, this discussion is about Nissan
Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 AM

STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
STAR NISSAN BLOW!
just venting!!

I agree their sales dept sucks big time.
I lost alot of money in their buying a Altima SE-R...never again will I go their or recommend them to anyone.

Great service dept though. Or at least friendly.