Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

My opinion of Autozone

Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 AM

My opinion of Autozone

Has changed forever. They loan tools which I did not know, until I realized the POS single action spring compressor I picked up from HF wasn't capable of installation of my springs. I just barely got the stock springs off, but when installing the progressive B&G's with tighter coils, it became obvious that the compressor could not be removed after installing the top seat and mounts. Aside from that it was a heavy, cumbersome hunk of junk. Luckily they have a good return policy, not that I was planning on keeping it anyway..

Found out about the loan a tool program at AZ and swooped up a quality single action set making the job as simple as it should be. Not only that, but they bailed me out by stocking a $3 exhaust gasket and strut boots with bumpstops which I ended up returning, because rebuilding my stock ones was the ideal choice.

Anyway, I used to have bad impression of Autozone, but I called around and no other parts stores or even the dealership had the gasket or strut boots in stock. And they definitely wouldn't lend me tools for free. Can't believe I've never heard or read of this before.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 AM

They have pretty solid customer service. Much better than Discount. Plus unlike Discount, they usually have items in stock.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:01 PM

Advance auto parts does the same thing I was gonna go buy the hf spring tool but u just made me change my mind ill just go buy the good one from the parts store
Old 08-09-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Drag0n97
Advance auto parts does the same thing I was gonna go buy the hf spring tool but u just made me change my mind ill just go buy the good one from the parts store
They recalled/discontinued the $10 dual action compressor if that's what you had in mind. Which is why I tried out the single action one in the first place. Ironically, it's supposed to make the job easier, with completely opposite results. Don't waste your time with it. Just go to Advance, put down a deposit for the loaner.