Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner (Comb) Review

Old 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner (Comb) Review

My dad taught me that Meguiars was always a great product for cleaning and detailing your car. Being that I have only had my car about a month or so I went ahead and tried Meguairs Cleaner and Conditioner.

First off the cleaner is a pretty good cleaner with removing some spots and some stains. I used about 2 liberal coats of the cleaner to get the full effect and I was pretty pleased with the cleaner.

The conditioner on the other hand was somewhat dissapointing. I really felt like the conditioner did not really condition the leather or sink in to the material. Also it took some serious work to get that conditioner to absorb into the leather. The directions dont say anything about liberal amounts or second coats but it almost appears that its necessary to coat it 2 times.

Bottom line.

If you are looking for that "WET" and brand new look from Meguiars Professional 2 step treatment then you should look somewhere else. If your looking for a good basic cleaner and conditioner for every day use then this could work.

If your looking for show quality leather treatment try a different product in which Ill prolly start looking for myself.

Good luck

Proph
Old 04-19-2004, 04:27 PM
wat

I got this a few days ago, It helps if you spread it with your bare hands over the leather, then wipe it clean with a towel. I agree, it doesnt really condition the leather. Anyone have any reccomendations for a good leather conditioner that gives it a newer look??