Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

I need some help from MAX modder's! 7thGen

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I need some help from MAX modder's! 7thGen

Good Morning,

I'm reaching out to Max owners that have made mods to there car. I've made moves and continuing to make them. I'm a touch nervous about some upgrades I figure have already been performed by others. You see back in the day my first car at 19 or 20yr was a Pearl White 94 300zx tt (FairLady Z). I street raced and tuned her out, making real money a night. I'm 32 now and a family man with a edge still. So I need 4 doors lol, with a Z engine under the hood. So far I've made some small upgrades:

2012 Nissan Maxima Limited Edition (7thGen)
1. Syn Oil
2. Syn Oil Booster (Lupus)
3. Nothing ever less than 91 Octane
4. ToYo all weather performance tires
5. Power Stop drilled slotted rotors, Performance Pads, Power Stop Calipers.
6. K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
7. AAM Competition Exhaust (burnt tips & chrome)

Because its a family car mostly I don't wanna do to much. I just want to take it to a certain level and stop. I'll get a coupe in a year or 2.

I wanna this much more done:

1. Phenolic Thermal Manifold spacer
2. Light weight
Flywheel (snappy response)
3. Dyno

4. Sports Suspension

As for the wants listed above I have a couple concerns. First I would like to know if anyone found that the Phenolic Thermal Manifold spacer actually works, boosts power/lower temps? Has anyone had any issues with it? Then I would like to know if you ran a Dyno on your CVT max tranny. I hate the cvt and already have had to replace my tranny under warranty. Has anyone had any Tranny issues since running a Dyno??? I'm super nervous about tuning that CVT.... My warranty is out on that tranny now, and I would hate to Fu@# it up trying to Dyno my Max. Also did the Max pull OK to Pretty good power from the Dyno???

Please help lol!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:28 AM
dot dot dot ...

I moved your thread to the 7th gen forum because you're more likely to get better and more useful feedback there. This forum isn't as active as it once was, and dynoing a 7tgh gen CVT is just not ideal.