Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

What is Chevron PurEscape?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What is Chevron PurEscape?

I walked around Kragen and they had a sale on this Chevron PurEscape. Buy 1 get 1 free. Description on the bottle was vague:
BOOSTS ENGINE COMBUSTION
For a smoother running, more responsive vehicle.

What Is It:
PurEscape is an ashless, fully organic fuel additive which acts as a "catalyst" to improve the combustion properties of gasoline.

How It Works:
Add a bottle of PurEscape everytime you fill up or when you're looking to get the most out of your vehicle on demanding occasions and notice immediate improvement in fuel performance, regardless of the grade of gas you're using or vehicle condition.

What It Does:
Normal combustion is not instananeous. Designed to reduce ignition times and induce faster fuel burning, PurEscape more efficiently utilizes energy released during combustion. With PurEscape energy is released over a shorter period of time, resulting in higher average peak pressures, improved quality of the average combustion cycle and, of course, improved vehicle performance and drivability characteristics.
What is it? An octane booster, fuel system cleaner, injector cleaner all in one?

Jae
Old 07-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Whatever it does, it's definitely not an octane booster or cleaner.

It's supposed to make combustion go faster. By definition, doesn't that increase the chance of knock?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Very sound, Mike

From what's been posted on BITOG, the only "good" thing you get from this is better throttle response.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by soundmike
From what's been posted on BITOG, the only "good" thing you get from this is better throttle response.
If I can find another buy-1-get-1-free coupon, I'll pick one up and give it a try.

I just threw in a bottle of techron fuel sys cleaner and felt a huge diff. Funny cuz I always use premium chevron or shell, so didn't think the techron stuff would make such a huge impact. I can only imagine how much more "drivable" the throttle response will be when I use the PurEscape. Too bad it's just a 1 time thing w/o lasting effects. $4.50/bottle seems too much.

Jae
Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Very sound, Mike

Do let us know how it works, i actually stopped by an Autozone after work to see if i could grab one but they were nowhere to be seen.

I was about to post a $5 off coupon but noticed it expired earlier this year
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 PM

They're currently on sale on Kragen 2-for-1. Good for 4 bottles. I got 2. Gonna use 1 myself, and give 1 to a friend. Might go back for more to have some other people try and give their feedback.

Jae
Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 AM

I finally got a chance to test it out. It smoothed out idle and while running. There's definite improvement on part-throttle acceleration. Full throttle seems slightly faster. I would get this for long cruises or possibly stop/go driving. I wouldn't use it for drag racing or road course.

It did bump my mpg up by 1. But this doesn't justify the $3.50 cost. I would agree on their marketing: it's for enthusiasts only.

I still got 1 more bottle, not sure when I'll use it.

Jae
Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 AM

quote from Chevron:
What It Does:
Normal combustion is not instananeous. Designed to reduce ignition times and induce faster fuel burning, PurEscape more efficiently utilizes energy released during combustion. With PurEscape energy is released over a shorter period of time, resulting in higher average peak pressures, improved quality of the average combustion cycle and, of course, improved vehicle performance and drivability characteristics.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by konak85
quote from Chevron:
What It Does:
repost. See above.
Jae