General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Philips High Visibility?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 01:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know there's been a lot of threads on bulbs lately, especially the Philips BlueVision, and I apologize in advance. However, I went down to the local parts store and was all set to pick up a pair of BVs (thanks Shing) when I noticed bulbs marked "Philips High Visibility" on the rack next to them, both in 9004. Has anyone tried these? I would think that without the coating they would give slightly more light, but I don't know how much usable light that is.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:05 AM

I have them...

Originally posted by Weasel
I know there's been a lot of threads on bulbs lately, especially the Philips BlueVision, and I apologize in advance. However, I went down to the local parts store and was all set to pick up a pair of BVs (thanks Shing) when I noticed bulbs marked "Philips High Visibility" on the rack next to them, both in 9004. Has anyone tried these? I would think that without the coating they would give slightly more light, but I don't know how much usable light that is.
Weasel, I have them on my 99 MAX. They definitely are brighter then stock and the beam pattern is wider and farther. Definitely, a good upgrade for the headlights.
Old 10-15-2001, 11:20 AM

Re: I have them...

Originally posted by 99ESMAX

Weasel, I have them on my 99 MAX. They definitely are brighter then stock and the beam pattern is wider and farther. Definitely, a good upgrade for the headlights.
Thanks. Damn, this thread is really old!

(I actually do appreciate the response though)
Old 10-15-2001, 12:50 PM

Weasel..

What bulbs did you get Weasel?
Old 10-15-2001, 03:04 PM

Re: Weasel..

Originally posted by 99ESMAX
What bulbs did you get Weasel?
I got the BlueVisions a little after I posted this since no one had ever heard of the HVs. I'm happy with them, they are whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs. Not a huge difference, but for $20, it's good for me.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:32 PM

Hmmm

I bought the Vision Plus H4 bulbs from someplace in the U.K.. Much whiter than stock, overall range is better too. Good deal for my sake at $28 shipped.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:54 PM

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by DenMax
I bought the Vision Plus H4 bulbs from someplace in the U.K.. Much whiter than stock, overall range is better too. Good deal for my sake at $28 shipped.
Wish I could get those, but they're not offered in 9004 for my 4th gen.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:37 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Yes it is irritating.

I'm glad a 5th gen owner finally tried these.....they sound like they toast the Blue Visions and any other "actual functional use" headlight......
Old 10-17-2001, 05:08 AM

Philips bulbs >>

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Yes it is irritating.

I'm glad a 5th gen owner finally tried these.....they sound like they toast the Blue Visions and any other "actual functional use" headlight......
The VisionPlus bulbs are the best of the best. They offer about 50% more usable light. Unfortunately, they are only availible in H4, H1 and H7. They will availible in H9 and H11 soon. Also, they are only be purchased overseas. Here are two sources:

http://www.autolamps-online.com/home.htm

and

http://www.fosmo.com

The HighVisibilty bulbs I believe are the Premiums. BlueVisions are basically Premiums coated with the light blue paint that provides the whiter light.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:15 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Philips bulbs >>

Originally posted by Albertt

The VisionPlus bulbs are the best of the best. They offer about 50% more usable light. Unfortunately, they are only availible in H4, H1 and H7. They will availible in H9 and H11 soon. Also, they are only be purchased overseas. Here are two sources:

http://www.autolamps-online.com/home.htm

and

http://www.fosmo.com

The HighVisibilty bulbs I believe are the Premiums. BlueVisions are basically Premiums coated with the light blue paint that provides the whiter light.

Albertt for not using search or post whoring in Kev's 5th gen "we want to be a Maxima" forums......

Search results:

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

And my flame post with 5th gen people

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ght=visionplus
Old 10-30-2001, 02:52 AM

I've ran both of those lights

Hey guys,

I am currently running the Vision Plus bulbs....I ordered both the Blue Visions and Visions Plus from www.powerbulbs.com and I started with the Blue bulbs cause I wanted the look...I switched to the Vision Plus's after a week and haven't switched back...The Vision Plus's were just a better light

The bulbs are cheap from www.powerbulbs.com and they ship for free anywhere in the world!! Plus, they shipped them fast, too...Only took a week to get to my house in the US from the UK