General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Man I LOVE what NISSAN is doing!

Old 04-11-2001, 03:02 PM

they are using the VQ35 is a lot of the new cars!
Yippee!
New Z has it
Pathfinder has it
next Maxima should have it
New Altima has it

this is awesome!

My thought on the new Altima:

its looks really nice/aggressive and looks like it will be faster than the current Maxima, it has a VQ. it has Xenon headlights, has projector style taillights, 4 wheel independent suspension from the new Z, available with TCS, i love the aluminum interior and the new gauge cluster, Is it going to be available in Manual tranny? does it have a 5speed automagic? Did you know it's 17s are from the R34 Skyline? yep they are. this car will definitely defeat the Camry, Accord, our current 5th gen Maximas and maybe the new TL Type-S.

My thoughts on the new Z:

i think my dad is gonna buy one, i really like it although is resembles the celica in some ways, looks like aluminum inside, it has a VQ

My thought on the next Maxima:

i think it wont appeal to me as much because it has the same body style, which IMO doesnt look as good as the new Altima, if it has the VQ35 then that will be great, if it has a 6 speed tranny then that will be even greater! the only drawback i see is that some packages and options will become standard, which will raise the price of the Maxima to about $27K

My thoughts on the new Sentra:

looks dont appeal to me, engine seems to be nice, sounds like it is going to be fast, has the 6 speed, has rockford fosgate stereo

My thoughts on the new Xterra:

looks basically the same, i like the new interior (i think it has aluminum) it is going to be available with the Fronier's supercharged 3.3 L V6, but still going to be too weak.

My thoughts on the Alpha T concept:

its freakin huge, i saw it at the Dallas Auto Show, 22in wheels DAYMN!!! i like it but the production model which is probably 2-3 years fom now, won't look like it is now.

My thoughts on the new Crew Cab longbed:

the new bed is not that much longer, my motorcycle still won't fit on the new bed. it looks nice but it has a sluggish engine even though it is supercharged, and you can get a better american truck for around the same price.
Old 04-11-2001, 06:39 PM

dunno.. i think the maxima looks better.. just the grill and the headlights seem more edged up and look more flushed... the altima rear lights look ok.
james
Old 04-11-2001, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
dunno.. i think the maxima looks better.. just the grill and the headlights seem more edged up and look more flushed... the altima rear lights look ok.
james
where have u guys seen pictures of the new maxima???
Old 04-12-2001, 01:35 PM
Kevlo for President

ya all this stuff is part of nissan's rivival plan or somthing like that. only thing i don't like is teh VQ35 in the altima. they should have put the VQ30DE insted.