General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need help on my 5th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need help on my 5th gen

So my max is a 2000 gle I just put a motor in it from a 2000 se max and had too many issues since try to get the car to run properly so long story short I got the car to run but it was not reving past 25mph or 27mph at most the car would either cut off or act like it cut off but comes back to life I changed the MAF sensor and put a brand new intake as well as a starter and the car fried the brand new starter because the ground wire was put on the starter then I changed the ground wire to another section of the car and try to start the car but it killed the battery when I took out the battery and reinstalled it without charging it I got a spark from the negative terminal so I assume the first mechanic bolted a live wire to the car somewhere it's not suppose to be I'm also missing a wire harness to a green connector on the passenger side of the engine bay to the rear of the block as seen in the picture

Green connector with missing connection,,,what is this for?

This blue peice is also missing,,,,,dont go to aa transmission in brooklyn on utica the worste spot if you got a dude name max for a mechanic who cant fix a maxima