Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Ugh! Damn Thing Wont Start Again!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:02 AM

Ugh! Damn Thing Wont Start Again!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my car wont start again! I replaced the battery last week, had the starter replaced about 4 months ago and now it's going back in the shop!

I don't think it's the alternator because my battery would have drained first and I would have noticed the headlights dimming here and there for a while before it just decided to stop working, I think. I hope it's the starter again because then it will be covered by the shop that installed it, but DAMN IT!!!!

When I turn the key, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

OK, thanks for listening.....
Old 08-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
Well, my car wont start again! I replaced the battery last week, had the starter replaced about 4 months ago and now it's going back in the shop!

I don't think it's the alternator because my battery would have drained first and I would have noticed the headlights dimming here and there for a while before it just decided to stop working, I think. I hope it's the starter again because then it will be covered by the shop that installed it, but DAMN IT!!!!

When I turn the key, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

OK, thanks for listening.....
Doc,

If you get absolutely nothing, not even a click, then the problem is the ignition switch. Our cars are starting to get old and a lot of guys are having to replace it... including myself. I replaced mine just a few months ago when the same thing that happened to you happened to me. The car did start again after several attempts, but I replaced the switch anyways.

The part is $19 from everything nissan(or I believe $37 from local dealer) and is really easy to replace. All you need is a screw driver. The ingnition switch is located in the steering wheel column. All you have to do is remove the trim (which I KNOW you KNOW how to do because you did work on your gauges). The switch is located on the left side and is held in place by 2 screws and an electrical connector. It wont take you more than 30 min. to replace.

Good Luck!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 PM

i30ds: Hey thanks! Now I have some hope! I had the car towed to a local shop this morning and used the early bird drop off there. I will let them look at it and then see what hey say. I am having them look at some other things while it is there anyway.

Well, I may go ahead and buy this ignitian switch anyway and replace it even if this is not the problem now. I really appreciate your help with this and will let you know whats going on.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Armed and Dangerous

i30ds: Hey thanks! Now I have some hope! I had the car towed to a local shop this morning and used the early bird drop off there. I will let them look at it and then see what hey say. I am having them look at some other things while it is there anyway.

Well, I may go ahead and buy this ignitian switch anyway and replace it even if this is not the problem now. I really appreciate your help with this and will let you know whats going on.
Sounds good.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:04 AM

Sweet! This forum rules! Now I know what to do when mine goes....
Old 08-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It might be the alternator, when my alternator went out, the new replacement went out after 2-3 months. Until now my alternator is still all good.

good luck
Old 08-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Update! It was the starter AGAIN! Anyway, it did not cost me anything since it was only about 3 months old and they were the ones who put it in last time. PHEW!

I still am going to order that part and install it. Can't hurt!

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 AM

Update! It was the starter AGAIN! Anyway, it did not cost me anything since it was only about 3 months old and they were the ones who put it in last time. PHEW!

I still am going to order that part and install it. Can't hurt!

Thanks everyone!
Email me.. I think I still have one. NIB
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com