Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

The BOSE Radio Replacement Thread (infiniti i30 96-99)

Old 03-17-2009, 06:22 PM

Well after reading all this and contemplating, I have a situation and solution.

Situation:

Wanting to put in new deck, new speakers as well (not using Bose ones) BUT not having to run new wires... But instead utilizing the existing wires there..

Solution:

When I ran a Line Out converter a while back in my 96 I30 to get some subs in the trunk, the harness connecting to the individual amp under the rear speakers had 4 wires. I had to tap 2 wires from there (+ and - speaker signal) to send to the line out converter, and the other 2 were + and - to power up the amp. (I got the complete wire color read out off .ORG a few years back, can anyone remember?)

So what im thinking, is if i use a conventional standard harness adapter with no special RCA's or anything (Like the Metra ones), just a plain one that converts the wire colors.... And simply follow the wire colors from the stock wire harness @ the dash, and match them up with the ones behind each speaker amp, cut it and connect to my new speaker? and it should work? Because I dont know where the 2 amp power wires for each amp are going to, and it may be at the dash too? it may conflict? i dunno.

But to me it makes sense because i took a look under the rear deck where the speakers are, and a 4-wire harness goes into the amp (2 for signal, 2 for power), and 2 wires come out and go to the speaker (amplified signal).

I just need a full wire color code as each 4-wire set are different colors at each speaker..
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM

You can use the stock wiring to send a power signal from your new HU to new speakers, it has been done before and is the most common way to do it. Personally, i would rather run new wires rather than use the stock wires, this is just personal preference.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Does the 70-7551 harness also work in the 00-01 i30?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

run new wires, way easier and cleaner.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hi guys,

I'm doing an install in a 98 I30t with Bose and cell phone junk under it - don't ask standard.
I just bought a 1-DIN radio with one set of RCA at 2V. So I'm getting a 1din DVD head unit and a 7inch screen to put in place of the Bose radio.

my question should i go with the 70-7551, and get a couple of y-adapters - I hear that this harness doesn't work well at 2V?

also do uo guys think I need any dash kits either for the head or screen.

thanks a bunch.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

97 Infinit I30

Hi, I just bought an Infiniti I30 1997 to be exact... When i bought it it has the Bose sound system in it but only on speaker in the driver door what do I do??? We tried to hook up some regular Xplode speakers i had lieing round the house and they wouldnt work at all.... What do I do?? Where can i find some replacement rear Bose speakers and a passenger door speaker... ALso is there suppost to be an amp0 somewhere or is it built into the head unit... I am a newby.. I know nothing bout this bose system and i need some help this one speaker is driving me crazy i need at least two but really need four if you know what i mean im not picky i would love to just have the factory stuff back in there... Tell me what to do all you guys seem to know lots about my kind of situatation please HELP!!! Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Donating i30 Owner

QUESTION about HID

Originally Posted by internetautomar
1. it's not related to this thread
2. you can't do it legally.
1. true not related
2. false.. it can be done.. LOOK BELOW

3. I remember at one time I saw a converter that goes from RCA to line level BUT it has a freq. booster with dials to adjust in between. SOSCHE makes it. I have to find it cause line level to line level is WHACK and sound loss is bad if your an audiophile.

Last edited by HomerMAC; 08-14-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Donating i30 Owner

Originally Posted by Coffee and TV
Just fyi, this is the car in question:
.... Yea NO that is not the amplifier your looking for.

That houses the AC amplifier (climate control) 96-97 has that seprate from the push buttons below the vents. 98-99 has it built into the push button under the vents.

Also it houses the TCM or BCM.. im sure its the BCM. but anyhow DONT TOUCH THAT!!!!

You amplifiers are on each speaker. that headunit sucks for ipods if your playlists get extensive. Keep them short and organized. (not making fun or anything, just advice incase you get frustrated with slow response later.)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM

This might help ya too

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/5th...ing-codes.html
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just installed a clarion CZ100 in my car and used the Scosche amplifier integration module, which i have to say has no problem with sound and as long as you follow the directions on how to adjust it, there is no distortion. The only problem i have is the receiver sticks out quite a bit, the din pocket crutchfield gave me doesn't sit flush to the trim and there's some space in the middle of the receiver and the din pocket. Would the install kit from metra solve this problem?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi I have an infiniti I30 1996 I was looking at replacing the factory unit with an Alpine INA-W900BT. I was wondering can I replace the factory unit and if so are there any changes I need to do like take out an AMP or something like that?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

what about replacing the rear bose subwoofer "speaker assembly", the board is fried but subwoofer works fine, can I just hard wire the sub and bypass the chip on it?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No Power to Head Unit...

Hello All,

I was just installing an after market head unit and the first time connected it had power and the head unit powered on. I unplugged it to make sure everything was tight, and after plugging everything back in it now does not get power. I have the 70-7551 wiring harness. I have also plugged the Bose head unit back in and it does not power on either. I have checked the "bose speaker" and "audio" fuse under the dash and also the "audio" fuse under the hood on the drivers side. At this point I'm not sure where to go next... Does anyone have any thoughts or input please? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by ccorbit
Hello All,

I was just installing an after market head unit and the first time connected it had power and the head unit powered on. I unplugged it to make sure everything was tight, and after plugging everything back in it now does not get power. I have the 70-7551 wiring harness. I have also plugged the Bose head unit back in and it does not power on either. I have checked the "bose speaker" and "audio" fuse under the dash and also the "audio" fuse under the hood on the drivers side. At this point I'm not sure where to go next... Does anyone have any thoughts or input please? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
did you plug in the antenna?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by internetautomar
did you plug in the antenna?
Yes I have made sure that is plugged in as well.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Replacing just the subwoofer amp

in the i35 2003, I just want to replace the subwoofer amp. I found an amp with the proper specs from a different bose system. I am trying to find the proper wiring diagram to match up the wires, but none of them seem to fit the actual i35 2003, since there is a

black
blue
purple
orange
white

wires, all of the diagrams seem to be void of the purple or orange wires.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey everyone,

I just bought a 1996 infiniti I30 and the owner before me was going to put an aftermarket head unit in but didn't but his friend already cut all the wires to the harnesses. I was wondering where i can get new harnesses (the wires are cut too close to strip and reconnect) or of there is something else i can do? Also i cant find the plug that goes in to the white plug on the bottom (i dont know what it is called).

This is my first time doing something like this and i would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

plz help

i just bought a used 1996 nissan maxima and it has the factory bose and i tried turning the radio on and nothing happened. so i put in one of those tape thing to listen to your ipod on and it worked for like 30 seconds and only in the rear speakers. there is no display or sound or anything. and i dont know what to do. and if it matters the antenna is broke off. should i get it repaired or buy a used one or buy an aftermarket one. or if anybody knows how to fix this
thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

o and i forgot to mention i checked all the fuses and there all good
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 96 nissan maxima with Boss system. I put a aftermarket cd player in and two subs. I am getting a whistling sound when the car is on, but when the car is off, there is no high pitch whistle. the wire harness has two plugged in but there is still two other ones that cannot go into anything that I have tried.. please help!

thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 AM

Firstly, wrong section. Not too many people venture into the I30 subforum. Shouldve posted here.
http://forums.maxima.org/audio-electronics-21/

Secondly, did you bypass bose or no?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

infiniti I30 1996. The audio system is not even showing power. Is it shot? Fuses? What's going on?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anything in particular I can check? The antenna doesn't come up or anything.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by POWELL
Anything in particular I can check? The antenna doesn't come up or anything.
Start with the fuses. Everything should be on the fuse lid, our in your owners manual for which fuse to check. If those all check out okay. I would next start by pulling the stereo out and checking your connections.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i30 bose problems

i have a infiniti i30 with a bose radio that doesnt work.. im only 18 and hardly know **** about cars.. so when you guys talk about all these parts its kind of confusing haha. but can someone please explain how to fix it, and dumb it down so a kid will know.. please help! thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Get new cd player and if you gonna keep bose speakers, get pac special harness
Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dead bose radio in 2005 Maxima

I recently experienced a totally dead Bose Radio system in our Maixima. checked fuses, played with buttons, call dealership. Estimate was for $550 to replace unit with bose rebuilt. Two days later the car battery went completely dead. Jump started the car with extra battery. while I was trying to charge old battery I pushed a few radio buttons, notably the CD eject. The entire unit came to life. Every function works perfectly. I have no explanation, except that the low voltage on the bad battery some how locked up the unit. Needless to say I am happy but really confused about cause and effect. For people with similar problem, I would recommend disconnecting the battery before replacing the radio-hope this helps someone-cheers
Old 10-02-2011, 07:24 AM

I would say you have a bad battery, I hope you replaced it by now
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by rsmilleer
I recently experienced a totally dead Bose Radio system in our Maixima. checked fuses, played with buttons, call dealership. Estimate was for $550 to replace unit with bose rebuilt. Two days later the car battery went completely dead. Jump started the car with extra battery. while I was trying to charge old battery I pushed a few radio buttons, notably the CD eject. The entire unit came to life. Every function works perfectly. I have no explanation, except that the low voltage on the bad battery some how locked up the unit. Needless to say I am happy but really confused about cause and effect. For people with similar problem, I would recommend disconnecting the battery before replacing the radio-hope this helps someone-cheers
Well something similar to that had happened to me, but what i did was that i took out one of the fuses to just take out the CD from it's slot and it worked.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Confused

So my stereo has been acting really weird. The volume *** won't work unless I push the screen in and that is also the only time the screen lights up at all. My friend says I probably need a new deck or something but what should I get to replace it? He said he can install the replacement. I would really appreciate being able to change the volume without having to be lucky.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 AM

Sounds like you just need new headunit. Can you control volume through steering wheel controls?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey, please help me out here. I've got an Infiniti I30 from 2001 with what I'm guessing is the factory Bose speakers. For some reason, the bass keeps cutting in and out on me. Is this fixable by simply tightening a cable or something? Or do I need have the entire thing replaced? Thank you.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Its sub amp. You need to fix it. Look around here and in maxima 2000-2003 section. Or you can switch everything to aftermarket.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

the amp isn't just for the sub, it also powers the speakers.. at least it does in my 2001 i30t.... but, im pretty sure the 5th generation i30t/i30/i35 have the same bose setup... but i could be wrong...

Originally Posted by hooblycom
in the i35 2003, I just want to replace the subwoofer amp. I found an amp with the proper specs from a different bose system. I am trying to find the proper wiring diagram to match up the wires, but none of them seem to fit the actual i35 2003, since there is a

black
blue
purple
orange
white

wires, all of the diagrams seem to be void of the purple or orange wires.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 AM

The black amp below the sub is the amp that powers the sub. All the wiring comes from the amp that powers all other speakers though.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by AirJordan
My ? is do you know where i can find a HID kit for my 99 inifiniti i30?
manyadeal.com is your best choice.this is a good online shop.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM

I would love to see someone address adding aftermarket subs/amps to these cars, specifically 2001 i30. Any takers?

I will be replacing the headunit as well, not sure if that matters with the above question.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Amp for sub or for all speakers?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is a 1996 infiniti i30 front console compatible with a 96.

My 96 infinti i30 was recently stolen and was recovered without rims, and the whole front console was missing. I bought a a front console from a 1998 i30 consisting of the ac controls, the CD player, and cassette player.

My question is if the console from the 98 i30 will be compatible with my 96 I30...? Please I need some help.

I noticed that the 98 had a 6 cd changer in the trunk where as my 96 doesn't. I just need the tape player or main CD player to work along with my ac controls.s
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

all i need i hope

What an awesome amount of information!!

I'm about to install a double din (or try to) and i am hoping i ordered everything i need, as i have spent my budget already. I have ordered thus far

METRA 95-7417
PAC ROEM-NIS1 Nissan Aftermarket Radio Install Wiring Harness + BOSE
XO Vision XOD1750 In-Dash Double Din 7" Wide Screen Touch DVD Receiver, Fully Motorized

I know its not the best stereo but hey what the heck, do yall see any thing that i am missing for my install in a 1998 infinity i30? Or foresee any complications i may run into. Thank you so much in advance for your thought

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The BOSE Radio Replacement Thread (infiniti i30 96-99)