Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > Infiniti I30/I35
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

Points: 10,519, Level: 68 Points: 10,519, Level: 68 Points: 10,519, Level: 68
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Power Seat and Heater Problem

Hello,

I just got a 2001 I30 that I'm looking to fix up. It only has 112k miles and doesn't need much. It has the dual front power seats and everything works except the front and back control on the driver's seat. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, do you know what it could be? It seems strange that only that part of the adjustment isn't working. The rest of the car seems clean.

One other issue is that the heat isn't getting hot. What could that be? Thanks.

Mark
mrkanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Truck Shifting de Turbo

Points: 19,123, Level: 87 Points: 19,123, Level: 87 Points: 19,123, Level: 87
Activity: 2.7%
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

I have the same problem with my passenger seat. My understanding is you have to replace the whole seat if you go through the dealer, as they don't sell the motor seperate. I've not been able to locate just the motor, so I'd appreciate any help as well.

Regarding the no heat issue. I'd assume you would need to run a typical diagnosis on the car for this issue. You have a temperature guage, does it take a long time for the car to heat up? Then this is likely your thermostat. Could also be your heater/coolant valve ("****" if the forum doesn't edit the actual term for the part). I know on the older Maxima's, this valve was vacuum operated, so you might want to check your vacuum hoses.

FYI: You can download free FSM's offline. I found you that is password protected...you have to type it in each time to open it.....still free so can't complain too much. I think it was www.pdftown.com as the address. The passwords are pdftown.com.
2003 Maxima SE (auto): http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3812477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviation005 View Post
AKA: Planecrash - I do not let anyone tell me anything. When someone tries to teach you, theres a chance they can be wrong.
Chris Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

Points: 10,519, Level: 68 Points: 10,519, Level: 68 Points: 10,519, Level: 68

Well, just the back and forth function on my seat doesn't work. Are you saying there is a separate motor for each function? If so, maybe I need to find one in a JY.
mrkanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Truck Shifting de Turbo

Points: 19,123, Level: 87 Points: 19,123, Level: 87 Points: 19,123, Level: 87
Activity: 2.7%
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

My understanding is that there are two different motors. I don't see how the motor could "change gears" or something to perform 4 different functions. I read a thread recently which indicated a technical service bulletin (TSB), but the bulletin gave no detailed information. It did appear that there were two motors. You had to be a member of the site to download the whole TSB in PDF format.

If you find one in the JY and they will sell it, look at grabbing two and I'll buy the other off you. When I checked at Nissan about a new motor, they told me it is not sold seperately. Anyone else know otherwise or have a model number...anything. I'm sure there are propbably aftermarket motors one could get off ebay or something.
2003 Maxima SE (auto): http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3812477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviation005 View Post
AKA: Planecrash - I do not let anyone tell me anything. When someone tries to teach you, theres a chance they can be wrong.
Chris Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #5

Points: 11,244, Level: 69 Points: 11,244, Level: 69 Points: 11,244, Level: 69
It's a common problem. Try TSB NTB02-001d. Should still be available here: http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/NTB02-001d.pdf

The "fix" from Nissan appears to be replacing the bottom portion of the seat. I've been checking junkyards around me for a replacement, but haven't found any 5th gen Maxima's or I30's. Luckily, our seat is stuck in the rearmost position, which is where we need it anyways...

If you find a cheaper fix than Nissan's, let us know where to source the parts....
Dave Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:38 AM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima

Paid Advertisement