Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

New owner of 2003 I35

Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New owner of 2003 I35

Hello all..i am new to the club...please excuse me if it seems like i did not use search feature...i did but i have a few questions about my new purchase and i was hoping if i put all in one post is may make things easier

I just got an 03 I35 with 112k on it..so far...i love it

1) I believe it needs new right rear hub bearing (noisy). Does that come as a hub assembly or just a bearing? If not will i need a press?

2) Not always but sometimes when i start the car the "A/T Check" message blinks a few times and then shuts off...but not always...is that something i should be concerned with?

3) I purchased the car with 1 key and no key fobs. From what ive read it seems like i can order fobs and program them myself rather easily...is that true? Are the keys a different story? Will i need to shell out the money for the keys and to have them programmed?

Thanks so much...ive done a lot of reading around here and i think im going to love it...you guys seem awesome and a huge help to a lot of people!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:25 PM

Welcome to the forum. I don't know enough about these cars to answer your questions. However you will love the car. Take some time and get some pictures, and when your ready you can post them in this thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/infiniti-i3...ml#post8632952

I just bought an I35 in October 2012 with 124k miles for around 5700. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by I35guy
Welcome to the forum. I don't know enough about these cars to answer your questions. However you will love the car. Take some time and get some pictures, and when your ready you can post them in this thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/infiniti-i3...ml#post8632952

I just bought an I35 in October 2012 with 124k miles for around 5700. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours?
$5,900...no other answers??
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM

A/T check could be your Transmission Control Module. Mine came on a week or so ago and it turned out to be my alternator. I'm at 134k on my 02 I35, so I doubt that is your issue. Key fobs can be ordered on amazon or eBay and you can program then yourself. Welcome to the org, search the 5th gen forums with your problems as 02/03 Maximas are the exact same for all intents and purposes.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 03 I35
Hello all..i am new to the club...please excuse me if it seems like i did not use search feature...i did but i have a few questions about my new purchase and i was hoping if i put all in one post is may make things easier

I just got an 03 I35 with 112k on it..so far...i love it

1) I believe it needs new right rear hub bearing (noisy). Does that come as a hub assembly or just a bearing? If not will i need a press?

2) Not always but sometimes when i start the car the "A/T Check" message blinks a few times and then shuts off...but not always...is that something i should be concerned with?

3) I purchased the car with 1 key and no key fobs. From what ive read it seems like i can order fobs and program them myself rather easily...is that true? Are the keys a different story? Will i need to shell out the money for the keys and to have them programmed?

Thanks so much...ive done a lot of reading around here and i think im going to love it...you guys seem awesome and a huge help to a lot of people!
Welcome to Maxima.org. I hope that you will enjoy you car.

To answer your questions:

1) Most places only sell the hubs and bearings separately, but hubs with bearings already installed are available. If you want to replace just the bearing by itself, you definitely need a press.

2) Any warning light that comes on should get your concern. In this case, check the oil level in the transmission. Many times that's all it is.

3) You can program the key fob remote yourself and you can program up to 4 remotes to the car. When you buy a key fob, make sure that it has a FCC ID of KBRASTU15. This is the way to insure that the key fob uses the correct radio frequency that your car needs.

You cannot program the keys to the car unless you are willing to pay Nissan something like $2000 for the program to put on your laptop. Most local locksmiths do car keys and have that program. Since you can drive the car to them, you don't need a house call. Local locksmiths are usually less expensive than the dealer, but vary in cost. Get several quotes.

One last tidbit. If you are a work on your own car type of guy, download the FSM (Factory Service Manual) from here:

http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Infiniti/