Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Squeaking noises from all over

Old 03-11-2015, 03:55 PM

Squeaking noises from all over

So my car has recently started making these squeaking noises from allll over the car, suspension, steering, you name it. Has anyone else ever experienced this before and if you have, what did you do to get rid of it? I feel as if the whole car needs to be greased up, does that sound familiar?
Old 05-17-2015, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by thenewguyy
So my car has recently started making these squeaking noises from allll over the car, suspension, steering, you name it. Has anyone else ever experienced this before and if you have, what did you do to get rid of it? I feel as if the whole car needs to be greased up, does that sound familiar?
My '03 i35 started making strange noises, a sort of growling sound upon gentle acceleration, chirping over bumps, etc. I suspected (correctly, as it turns out), loose exhaust parts.

Tapped the exhaust pipe with my foot while car was parked, and some noise similar was there.

Tried to get to an Infiniti dealer, but they were busy. Took it to my local STS, they put it on a lift, "adjusted" the offending bracket (as in bent it away from what it was vibrating against), and advised me that I could go get it welded some place for $20 or so, or just live wihtout the bracket, as it would be no problem.

20,000 miles, and no problems yet. Will probablly have it repaired properly at some point.

Caruso
Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by carusoswi
My '03 i35 started making strange noises, a sort of growling sound upon gentle acceleration, chirping over bumps, etc. I suspected (correctly, as it turns out), loose exhaust parts.

Tapped the exhaust pipe with my foot while car was parked, and some noise similar was there.

Tried to get to an Infiniti dealer, but they were busy. Took it to my local STS, they put it on a lift, "adjusted" the offending bracket (as in bent it away from what it was vibrating against), and advised me that I could go get it welded some place for $20 or so, or just live wihtout the bracket, as it would be no problem.

20,000 miles, and no problems yet. Will probablly have it repaired properly at some point.

Caruso
I know exactly what youre talking about cause when I had made my post, the exhaust thumping wasn't there, it was more like the suspension and turning the steering wheel left or right making weird creaking noises, almost like they need to be greased up or something but then later on, from the back any little bumps I would go over, this rattling noise started coming and I went in the back and gave the exhaust a slight kick and saw how much play was there so I will get that fixed soon, but my main concern is still like I mentioned, the steering wheel and other suspension noises. Ill try to post a video of another I35 or any other car making similar noises