Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Nano energizer

Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 AM

Nano energizer

Has anyone used this?

I just bought a pack for the engine, and one for the transmission.

http://www.nanoenergizer.co.nz/

I've read good reviews online, but I dont know anyone thats used it.

Has anyone used this before? If not, I'll report back soon. I should get this in a few days.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Lightly modded

Looks like snake oil to me. Best of luck!
Old 04-20-2015, 12:33 PM

The transmission, it clearly says engine, nothing about about the trans.

It is designed to work on worn engines, where it might have scoring on the cylinder wall.

It says it uses the oil to get to the cylinder, the it bonds to the metal in the engine.
This sounds like complete bull****. Figuring cylinder walls are all not the same. (aluminum and iron are the most common). But what is stopping this from bonding to other parts of the engine and clogging them up.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by zillafreak

It says it uses the oil to get to the cylinder, the it bonds to the metal in the engine.
This sounds like complete bull****. Figuring cylinder walls are all not the same. (aluminum and iron are the most common). But what is stopping this from bonding to other parts of the engine and clogging them up.

I fully agree with you there. I was wondering the same. Aparently its the heat in the cylinders that 'cause' it to fill the tiny holes and marks.

I guess I'll find out in a week or 2 if I need a new engine, lol! I should receive it in the mail today. I'll take some pics.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 PM

Righty'o, I got the package y'day, and poured it into my engine.

Drove to work today, no dramas, fingers crossed it doesnt eat my engine, lol. Aparently it starts showing effects after around 400ks..heres hoping those effects are positive. lol
Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hybridtheory
I fully agree with you there. I was wondering the same. Aparently its the heat in the cylinders that 'cause' it to fill the tiny holes and marks.
cylinder walls have a crosshatch design that keeps regular engine oil in there for a thin layer of lubrication. when you excessively idle a engine, the crosshatch wears smooth and you get oil burning because theres no film between the rings and cylinder wall. thats what happened with my Chevrolet truck, sat idling in the oilfields all day and it burns a bit of oil now. all i do is put some 75w-90 gear oil in the crankcase when i change the oil, does the same thing as that nano stuff
Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
cylinder walls have a crosshatch design that keeps regular engine oil in there for a thin layer of lubrication. when you excessively idle a engine, the crosshatch wears smooth and you get oil burning because theres no film between the rings and cylinder wall. thats what happened with my Chevrolet truck, sat idling in the oilfields all day and it burns a bit of oil now. all i do is put some 75w-90 gear oil in the crankcase when i change the oil, does the same thing as that nano stuff
Interesting! How long have you been doing that for now chrome? Have you been doing it long enough to see a drastic change on your oil consumption? I have a little 4 cylinder suzuki esteem for a winter beater. It's got an engine like a civic that takes a beating and just keeps going but lately this past winter ive been noticing a change in my oil levels thinking it may be burning a little oil. Probably from letting it idle too long every winter to get some heat inside the little tin can before taking off to work but other than that it's been a very low maintenance little winter car that definately doesn't owe me anything.

Last edited by ac max 92; 04-23-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
Interesting! How long have you been doing that for now chrome? Have you been doing it long enough to see a drastic change on your oil consumption? I have a little 4 cylinder suzuki esteem for a winter beater. It's got an engine like a civic that takes a beating and just keeps going but lately this past winter ive been noticing a change in my oil levels thinking it may be burning a little oil. Probably from letting it idle too long every winter to get some heat inside the little tin can before taking off to work but other than that it's been a very low maintenance little winter car that definately doesn't owe me anything.
i dont exactly condone half the Dr. Frankenstein crap i do. ive done it since ive owned it, run 4L motor oil, 1L auto trans fluid, 1L 75w-90 gear oil in the crankcase. oil burning went down alot, only have to add a litre every 4-5 weeks when i daily it in winter vs every 2 weeks. i have to park it outside, even in -40c never have a problem with it starting with 10w-30 motor oil and the gear oil

my old Nissan KingCab burned about a litre of oil a week if not more, that thing i just ran 3L ATF 2L 10w-30. ATF somehow quieted down the engine
Old 04-24-2015, 01:26 AM

Wow thats cool I had heard about people using atf in their engines with good results.

So far so good with my car.. I got home safely, and I havent spun any bearings yet. I dont know whether this will work, but only one way of finding out.

I used to be the type to religiously only use engine oil but seeing that I sold my toy, this daily can be my guinea pig. If it works, then it'l be all real results, no bs crap.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Wow thats cool I had heard about people using atf in their engines with good results.
auto trans oil is one of the cleanest oils out there, all the detergents in it clean the valves and stuff. some guys i know will drain a litre of engine oil a week before theyre going to change it and put ATF in then, i just run it all the time
Old 04-30-2015, 03:14 PM

So far, my engine still lives, lol. I've done probably around 450kms so far, and no noticeable difference. My engines done just on 160000ks. I'm not expecting anything noticeable.

Just one thing I noticed, might just be nothing, but on a HOT restart, the engine seems to start slightly quicker, AND, the revs settle down much quicker. I've noticed this a few times now.

I just filled up the other day, so I'll report back after around 1000k's if I saw any changes.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Lightly modded

So far, my engine still lives, lol. I've done probably around 450kms so far, and no noticeable difference. My engines done just on 160000ks. I'm not expecting anything noticeable.

Just one thing I noticed, might just be nothing, but on a HOT restart, the engine seems to start slightly quicker, AND, the revs settle down much quicker. I've noticed this a few times now.

I just filled up the other day, so I'll report back after around 1000k's if I saw any changes.
I wouldn't worry about your engine blowing up. Hell, when we had the cash for clunkers program going on here, they were basically pouring sand into engines, and they ran for quite some time before dying. Your (likely petroleum based) product will, at worst, do nothing. As far as your engine behaving differently, it could be as simple as changing temperature. Who knows.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:52 PM

my last tank i did 520k's before the light came on.. The tank before, it did around 480ks(pre treatment).

It seems a bit more responsive as well.

I just filled up again, so will report back after this tank, as it would have done around 900-1000k's since i treated it.