Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Maxus 2005!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:25 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Donald you wouldnt even be coming through the deep south anyway. If anything you'd just get abducted by aliens out in the desert somewhere.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dunno, I guess you could just sit in Cali and continue the celebration of the Lakers winning the championship...........oh my bad, they got stomped, honest mistake, I swear
Old 06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
I dunno, I guess you could just sit in Cali and continue the celebration of the Lakers winning the championship...........oh my bad, they got stomped, honest mistake, I swear
ahhh, plenty of those. Something texas wouldnt know about.

I will celebrate the RIVER!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Ford Only.

This is what we celebrate in SoCal.

Old 06-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

if this is a set date i'll fly my **** down there
Old 06-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Old Timer

Dealerships in the area:
*Bankston Nissan - Irving
Bankston Nissan - Dallas
*Bankston Nissan - Lewisville
Urban Nissan
*Trophy Nissan
*Courtesy Nissan
*Don David Nissan

The (*) denotes a "Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence" Probably gonna be a better bet with these dealerships. Any personal knowledge of these dealerships including size of available parking area etc. would be appreciated.

David

The HNE events coordinator has already been in contact with individuals from Courtesy Nissan in reference to this event. Courtesy itself does not have adequate parking for the event to handle an excess of 200 cars, but there is a Holiday Inn next door to Courtesy with parking for around 100 cars so that I've heard. If we can get the Holiday Inn to give discounts on rooms, then we got the parking issues already handled.

I will continue to update this thread.

David
Old 06-21-2004, 03:12 PM

i'm down ........

i wonder if Kev will come?
Old 06-21-2004, 04:17 PM

crap i can't make it. ill be on summer sea term with maritime college. damn it. I WANNA GO. should i hyjack the training ship and sail to Texas? lol no seriously i really wanna go damn it.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Father of the 00 VI

I live 170 miles north of new york city and i'm thinking i may do this. I need some time alone to find myself
Old 06-21-2004, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by d_warner
Dealerships in the area:
*Bankston Nissan - Irving
Bankston Nissan - Dallas
*Bankston Nissan - Lewisville
Urban Nissan
*Trophy Nissan
*Courtesy Nissan
*Don David Nissan

The (*) denotes a "Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence" Probably gonna be a better bet with these dealerships. Any personal knowledge of these dealerships including size of available parking area etc. would be appreciated.

David

The HNE events coordinator has already been in contact with individuals from Courtesy Nissan in reference to this event. Courtesy itself does not have adequate parking for the event to handle an excess of 200 cars, but there is a Holiday Inn next door to Courtesy with parking for around 100 cars so that I've heard. If we can get the Holiday Inn to give discounts on rooms, then we got the parking issues already handled.

I will continue to update this thread.

David
Trophy Nissan for sure doesnt have adequate parking. In fact, I think the Trophy Nissan parking area may be smaller/worse off than Courtesy

Urban Nissan is a bit bigger but I would say they're probably not any better off in terms of parking room for that many cars.

Not sure on the Bankston Nissans or the Don David though
Old 06-21-2004, 05:43 PM
† ErV †

I'll be there if it actually comes to it... Heck I'll be driving to CA in a month so TX should be an afternoon trip compared to that.

Old 06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Old Timer

Originally Posted by James92SE
Trophy Nissan for sure doesnt have adequate parking. In fact, I think the Trophy Nissan parking area may be smaller/worse off than Courtesy

Urban Nissan is a bit bigger but I would say they're probably not any better off in terms of parking room for that many cars.

I have already been proactively contacted by Trophy Nissan and they want to host and sponsor this event. I think that's pretty cool since I only posted this yesterday. I am also very pleased in the ammount of support for this already as well. If the numbers continue like they have been, I think we could easily see over 200 cars in 2005. Thank you very much for bringing up the parking issue at Trophy Nissan. I will address that with their representative when I call them tomorrow.

Guys could you also give me some feedback as to what you would like to see at Maxus. I am used to hosting meets for about 30-60 cars, but nothing as large as 200 cars. Please let me know if you would like to see vendors for certain products etc. I will certainly contact as many performance oriented companies that supply parts for the Maxima community. Some of which I am considering calling already include but are not limited to.....

Stillen
Custom Maxima dot Com
Warpspeed
Cattman
etc
etc
etc

Please let me know what other companies you would like me to contact for an offer to show. If you have a web link or telephone number, it would be greatly appreciated.

David
Old 06-21-2004, 07:15 PM
drag racing is for wussies

I been to similar types of conventions before- naturally speaking the SE-R convention from the SE-R Club of America. We just had our 6th convention that happans about once a year. Seting up a nice get to know- get hammered nite at Embassy Suites, and then the next day track day out on a road race course ( we had a convention in Dallas in 00 I belive- and used Motorsports Ranch for our track). The next day we had a dyno day, and 3rd day was like a big picnic, raffles given away- like SR20DETs, turbos, all kinds of goodie stuff. We have a pretty good following of people going to these- every year it gets bigger and better, and for next year we are hosting it in Dallas also I would be very game for a drive down to do some road racing in my Maxima :P Hell my friend and I are driving our cars- hes got a SR20VE powered NX2000, to SoCal and back in a month for our week long vacations- with no girlfriends for a week Anyone in need of kind of help lemme know...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:22 PM

BTW when we held our convention- Embassy Suites is RIGHT next door to Courtesy Nissan, and we got a free welcome from them- they gave away hats and stuff like that for us. Then provided us with free drinks n stuff alike for us alkies.... lots of fun I tell ya. Motorsports Ranch- road race track was only about hmm hour at most away... park we held the picnic /BBQ/ car show at was about 30 min away from the Hotel. I would be sooo down for this cause I love driving through Dallas ! Last time I was there I was flying at around 100MPH with a pack of 10 turbo SE-Rs and around 30 other non turbo SE-Rs... with alot more to meet up coming at diff times. We set up diff check points where other people from other states would meet at and form a caravan. I left my house alone, around Springfield I meet up with 2 more cars, by St Louis we had about 10 cars and growing.... It would be sooo funny if we both had our Maxus and SE-R conventions on the same day... alot more people, alot more cars, and cheaper rates for the race track. I just dunno how it would fly with some of the more elderly SE-R turbo nuts on our old school mailing list.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:52 PM
STFU n00b!

I would be a little wary of trying to do a track day with the SE-R crowd and the Maximas.. we'd spank 'em too bad!
IMO, I would LOVE to do another track day at MSR- maybe that can be arranged. But with this many cars supposedly coming, MSR would be very crowded. I wouldn't want to see more than 50 cars or so at most there- that would already provide very little track time, and there will be a LOT of rookies out there. In either case, it's something to do. I'd rather see that than a drag event.

As David's partner in crime, I'm working on helping to line up some events and sponsorship stuff, and I'll be bringing in a few of the old Maxus veterans if I can talk them into coming back to this site and possibly lending a hand in planning this stuff.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:03 PM

Spank them too bad ?? Matt come on.... hehe... some of our SE-R drivers are acutal real hard core race car drivers with SE-Rs that humble vipers on the road corse with the power and handling. This aint yo Spec V crowd... hardly any of these show up... most of the time its the real SE-Rs- with SR20 engines under the hood. Matt, if they do anything with road racing in mind- I could instruct with ya on how to run. I'm going in 2 weeks to a local track to try out my new suspension- then I'm finally gonna get those TTZ caliper relocation brackets from ya Maybe they can do both drag race n road race track day.... I reather do something better than just go straight in line for few seconds.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 PM

wow this sounds like fun. If I can remember I will go
Old 06-21-2004, 09:06 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Spank them too bad ?? Matt come on.... hehe... some of our SE-R drivers are acutal real hard core race car drivers with SE-Rs that humble vipers on the road corse with the power and handling. This aint yo Spec V crowd... hardly any of these show up... most of the time its the real SE-Rs- with SR20 engines under the hood. Matt, if they do anything with road racing in mind- I could instruct with ya on how to run. I'm going in 2 weeks to a local track to try out my new suspension- then I'm finally gonna get those TTZ caliper relocation brackets from ya Maybe they can do both drag race n road race track day.... I reather do something better than just go straight in line for few seconds.

Notice the winking Smiley on that one..
I've been humbled by a few B13 SE-Rs at MSR before.. one bone stock aside from some Azenis sports, Konis, and a seasoned driver on that track..

I'd love to get out there and try to run with some of them. by this point next year, I'm hoping I'll have all of my suspension issues worked out and will actually be able to drive instead of push my way around the track!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:19 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm down. If you guys need any help planning or calling people, I have way too much free time, so just let me know
Old 06-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Old Timer

Matt, tomorrow I'm calling up the dealerships in Dallas and all of the Maxima performance companies that I can think of. If you would, give me a call sometime tomorrow between about 8am and 8:30 PM. Frank is coming up and we're gonna do his HID clearing, painting, and his angel eyes, so we got alot of work planed. Give me a call.

Also, get me a list of the old schoolers you'll be contacting. We need to set up an email list of people and companies interested in attending, so that we can keep everyone updated. I'm not talking about everyone on the org who is interested in coming, but mainly for the sponsoring dealer, and then the companies. I'll get with you on it.

David
Old 06-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

MAXUS location

Originally Posted by James92SE

Actually, we have more than enough parking available. You guys could easily host MAXUS here (trophy nissan). We have plenty of room and would love to host this event for you guys. We would not disappoint.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:00 AM
STFU n00b!

heh... too bad you're in Mesquite.
Last time I was there, I couldn't get out because none of the signs were written in English.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
heh... too bad you're in Mesquite.
Last time I was there, I couldn't get out because none of the signs were written in English.
Mesquite/Trophy Nissan is a great place to hold an event. Especially, Trophy. We're right of 635 which can take you anywhere in the metroplex.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:26 AM
STFU n00b!

If you feel like fighting with the traffic...

It's not that bad if you can find the 635-E exit off 75 and not get run over trying to take the exit...
Old 06-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I'll definitely be coming down if this happens. The only thing is I may be driving a G35 and possibly living in Atlanta by then. I know that about 20-25 Maxima owners from the Kansas City metro will probably make it down.

I suggest giving Warpspeed a call because I'd bet they'd be game for this plus they're not terribly far from Dallas/FW.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Project Ruby......

Interesting! I think I will definetly try to make that!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Old Timer

John, I just tried calling you in your office, but I guess you're out to lunch. I'll try back periodically.

David
Old 06-22-2004, 08:44 AM

DWarner, you should definitely call Steve @ FrankenCar. I know he's been wanting to do a trip like this also plus he could bring down some products. We would probably roll in formation for this event.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by NISSANWHOLESALE
Actually, we have more than enough parking available. You guys could easily host MAXUS here (trophy nissan). We have plenty of room and would love to host this event for you guys. We would not disappoint.
I guess that's why I always easily find a spot there eh?

I guess if you're talking about across the street at the used car/collision area then sure, but the main Trophy Parking... I just dont see it, unless you're going to move all the cars out of there

And Matt, the only bad thing we'd have to deal with in Mesquite is the buttloads of suburb punks who think they're hard/the sh*t
Old 06-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Blu
the tits

Im down for this, although I might not have the Maxima anymore I will still be lurking around. Consider me in possibly with an E46
Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by dmontzmax
I bet alot of the East Coast guys will not show either. There should be 3 Maxus in one. East, Middle and West that way all can go to the one closest to them, that would be the way to make more people interested in the Maxima community and raise Maxima awareness.

Im out.
I also think 3 seperate meets is an interesting idea. It would appeal to a LOT more people, and therefore each of the 3 meets would probably be about the same size as one meet in Texas. Something to think about. I know there are people farther away from Tx than me, but driving for over 4 days overall for a day or two of meet seems a little much for me. If all 3 meets were the same day it would be somewhat of a similar affair......
Old 06-22-2004, 09:30 AM

Damn - that's 2500 miles for me....But wherever it would be - Seattle is pretty much 2 days away from the nearest major city. <unless you count Portland - which I don't>

Oh well - maybe (if my wife isn't pregnant by then) I can talk some of the NWMaxima.com guys into coming with me.....There's about 60 of us now.....a few of them are bound to want to go.

My oldest sister (I have 5) moved from Seattle to Mesquite a couple of years ago - is it really that ghetto? Wow.

Of course - this is my sister <and my nephew> - she's somewhat ghetto fabulous:
http://www.cyberhub.net/wedding/New%...r/DSC00175.JPG

Sorry - OT - rambling...too much coffee....
I'll go post this over at NWMaxima and see what replies I get.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by d_warner
John, I just tried calling you in your office, but I guess you're out to lunch. I'll try back periodically.

David
Hey David, I'm back from lunch, give me a call. Thanks!

Gian
1-888-209-7942
972-682-1687
Old 06-22-2004, 10:22 AM

Dallas is to far for me to drive...

oh wait...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:25 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by BlueBOB
Dallas is to far for me to drive...

oh wait...
You must live in McKinney...
Old 06-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

IM definately going to this, im coming from philadelphia so im gonn ahave some fun tearing the roads apart with (hopefully) some other maximas that we can gather together for this incredible meet. BTW for all those driving more than 600miles i suggest you get a RADAR detector, this would deff give me a reason to buy a V1 not that I dont need it right now anyways...
Old 06-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Old Timer

OK Guys. I have been contacting various vendors that make performance parts for the Maxima. I definately want to include these vendors because as you all know, Nissan has not developed anything for us. *** of right now, I have gottenwith Dallas At Warpspeed Performance, and Brian Catts with Cattman. Both are very interested in possibly making a show at Maxus, but it depends on what it looks like turnout will be. Just letting you guys know.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

Good news
Old 06-22-2004, 06:37 PM

Well I'm definately in for this! It's a bit of a drive, but thats fine with me. I'll just have to meet up with some of the IL people, since there arent many in northern Indiana.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:26 PM
STFU n00b!

Brad, there are a few in Terre Haute that I know of... all on 4dsc I think, but there are a few that do their work at Rose-Hulman's machine shop/engine lab... I'm sure there's probably a few guys at Purdue or Bloomington that would be itching for a 4 day road trip.
(It's about 13 hours from Terre Haute, BTW... I used to go to skool at Rose and lived in Tulsa. 10 hrs from TH to Tulsa).

Quick Reply: Maxus 2005!?!?!?!