Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Track Event

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Track Event

Unfortuantly I just got done talking to Blackhawk Farms Raceway, and their track is not available for the same weekend that Maxus is taking place. A competitive race is going on June 23rd which was the expected date for use to us the track. 95% of the 2007 racing season for the weekend dates is fully booked. The only available weekends that are is there is one in April and one in September. Im really bummed about this because I know many of you wanted to race on a roadcourse. I looked into Autobahn in Joliet, but that is a privately owned track, and only members can race there. Any other roadcourse track is way to far for many of us. I'll still working hard to maybe get a autocross track in a parkinglot if worst comes to worst. If that doesn't work either we have a Cannonball run from the city of Chicago to Rockford and back. haha jk. But maybe some straightline fun at Byron Dragway near Rockford or Greatlakes Dragaway in Wisconsin. Both are approximetly 1 hour and half drive from Chicago. But me and my committee members will try to get a roadcourse or autoX event happen.

But just to give you an idea if we were able to rent out Blackhawk.
$5000 - Track Rental
+$20 per car
+ Hire a Paramedic $125 for each one
+ Track officials.
= Way to much.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Conecarver

Sorry to hear that. I'll throw out some possible ideas...

The BMW's have Gingerman that Sat & Sunday for a driving school. Depending on their entries, they might welcome some additional drivers to offset the rental cost. 2hrs NE of downtown Chicago.
http://www.windycitybmw.com/home/eventDetails.asp?id=71

That Sunday Tri-State is running an autocross in Joliet. The site is one of the larger "parking lots" and I've gotten near 70mph on straights. TSSCC is usually far less crowded than SCCA offering 6+ runs a day.
http://www.tsscc.org/

Sat that's also Audi sponsored autocross at Maywood but it's a much tighter site.
http://www.audichicago.org/
Old 02-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

shoulda just kept it here in dallas
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

and have the same thin that happened last year with around 10 members showing up? the reason why we changed it to chicago was because the .org community decided that it would be better here in chicago.. its just unfortunate that we cannot get a roadcoarse because of booking, and price..
Old 02-09-2007, 06:20 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

No roadcourse...=
Old 02-10-2007, 11:23 AM
STFU n00b!

$5000 to rent a track is CHEAP...
They run $10k a day here.

Also realize it doesn't have to be on a weekend. weekdays are generally about 40% less cost and much more dates are open.

are you stuck on that weekend due to another scheduling conflict?? what about moving it a week or two one way or the other? that's what I had to do in order to get things pulled off here.

Find a track with an open date, then schedule Maxus around it.... not the other way around.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:55 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
$5000 to rent a track is CHEAP...
They run $10k a day here.

Also realize it doesn't have to be on a weekend. weekdays are generally about 40% less cost and much more dates are open.

are you stuck on that weekend due to another scheduling conflict?? what about moving it a week or two one way or the other? that's what I had to do in order to get things pulled off here.

Find a track with an open date, then schedule Maxus around it.... not the other way around.

A weekday track event would be perfect for me[i work weekends],i wouldn't have to use my vacation days to be able to attend...
Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Conecarver

Is the track day more important than the actual Maxus date? If so then is there a possibility of partnering with the Sentra folks? Their convention is June 1-3 and they already have Autobahn on Friday 6/1. I don't know how filled their roster is or if they're even open to us joining them but it might be worth checking into. Of course this now becomes a huge Nissan gathering...
Old 02-11-2007, 03:49 PM

Having the track day on a weekday is not a bad idea, but that only means people have to spend an extra day in hotel, but the pro is and extra eventful day we could plan for, such as a dyno day or straightline racing at the 1/4 mile. I will discuss it with some of the members tonight at the committee meeting tonight. I will look into all of your suggestions and find a way which works best.

Xander
Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
STFU n00b!

nothing wrong with coming in a day earlier or staying a day later.

The annual Z Car Convention spans a full week. usually 7-9 days long, and involves much more than just a car show and track event.

there's nothing stopping you guys from doing the same-- other than the fact people will simply say they'll be there and then not show up.

That said, if you have a track event, I be durr. If not, I be in TX saving my money for the 3 track days the Z Convention will be doing at Daytona and Skip Barber.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I wanna be at my maximum

Well, that sound more fun,... matt can you fwd. me the info on the z convention. Not sure i would wanna go to Maxus again and chance getting Mounted again.

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
nothing wrong with coming in a day earlier or staying a day later.

The annual Z Car Convention spans a full week. usually 7-9 days long, and involves much more than just a car show and track event.

there's nothing stopping you guys from doing the same-- other than the fact people will simply say they'll be there and then not show up.

That said, if you have a track event, I be durr. If not, I be in TX saving my money for the 3 track days the Z Convention will be doing at Daytona and Skip Barber.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by gurlie_J_gurl
Not sure i would wanna go to Maxus again and chance getting Mounted again.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:35 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by gurlie_J_gurl
Well, that sound more fun,... matt can you fwd. me the info on the z convention. Not sure i would wanna go to Maxus again and chance getting Mounted again.
Sorry about that. I didn't think Kelly would see me.

But you think it's going to be any better when there will be THOUSANDS of horny old men around thinking they're a badass because they own a Z?
info here: http://flza.com/index.htm
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I wanna be at my maximum

so,... what's the status on the track?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:04 PM

We have a connection at the Autobahn in Joliet, he will be giving me a call on pricing. I might have to make this and open meet to all cars so it will reduce the cost for everyone to run their cars. The only info I have so far is that half of the deposit is needed to reserve the day/spot, which might be on Tuesday, June 26th. And the other half of the deposit is needed on the day of racing. I hoping to get this down and finalized so we can work on other things for Maxus. Remember Maxus is about 3 months away.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM
STFU n00b!

That's what I've had to do every year (open it to everyone)
Maximas only would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

As soon as you get the date and prices finalized, post it on the Z and SE-R forums and such. they'll be some good competition for me.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 AM

Well I just got off the phone with Craig, the guy that works for Private Track Times, and here is the info that I recieved.

$5000 + Insurance to rent the North Course of the Autobahn
$6000 + Insurance to rent the South Course of the Autobahn

25% deposit to reserve the track
$1250 for the North Course
$1500 for the South Course

The rest is due on the day of the event.

I'm thinking I am going to get the South Course since it is a larger course than the North Course. I will post up more info of where to send the money and such.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Boy, that seems pretty expensive. Any idea how much the insurance is? We'll need a lot of participants to make it affordable.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
mod or sell?

how hard should it be to get 60 participants?
just let some non maximas run and we'll be fine
I've already got 1 non max to run
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Its not hard to get 60 particpants, maybe even 100, I know three local forums that will definantly bring in people. This will definanly be open to other cars. I will email them on requirments on the car and the driver so there will be no surprises when people get there.